Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Upland Resource LSE:UPL London Ordinary Share VGG7552A1075 ORD NPV (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.025p +2.04% 1.25p 1.20p 1.30p 1.25p 1.225p 1.225p 673,285 10:41:54
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Oil & Gas Producers 0.0 -0.2 0.0 - 4.79

Upland Resource Share Discussion Threads

Showing 651 to 675 of 675 messages
Chat Pages: 27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
24/11/2017
12:04
tyler9023 Nov '17 - 15:00 - 641 of 651 1 0 Well even if you are impatient, does not make sense to sell at a loss so you have to stay in :-( You're right tyler, but then I'm neither impatient nor sitting on a loss! ;D On the other hand, if Santa arrived with a stonking RNS I guess we'd all be happier.
yogaboy
24/11/2017
11:55
If Wressle doesn't go ahead, which would give them some small cash flows they save a few pounds to use in another asset instead. Not sure the current cash balance, but 30 June 2017 £2.2m "The farm-in payment to Europa is made up of £1.3 million in cash and £300,000 in Upland ordinary shares. Completion, and therefore payments of these amounts, is contingent on satisfaction of a number of outstanding conditions, including receipt of planning approval Don't forget this section in the 27/10/2017 rns "The Directors believe that, following an acquisition, further equity capital raisings may be required by the Company for working capital purposes as the Company pursues its objectives. The amount of any such additional equity to be raised, which could be substantial, will depend on the nature of the acquisition opportunities which arise and the form of consideration the Company uses to make the acquisition and cannot be determined at this time" https://www.investegate.co.uk/upland-resources-ltd--upl-/rns/interim-results/201703220700061457A/ https://www.investegate.co.uk/upland-resources-ltd--upl-/rns/annual-report-and-financial-statements-2017/201710271015028327U/
euclid5
24/11/2017
11:34
Sull, I have been around a bit (for too long some would say!) but unfortunately in my network of friends and associates, Optiva are regarded as a bit too laid back and not proactive enough as brokers. I am not trying to put them down or anything but just stating my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong since as you know I am invested in Upland.
tyler90
24/11/2017
11:18
Hey Tyler, it's good to discuss these things however Optiva are one of the better brokers and have a stake in this company so it's also in their best interests for Upland to deliver. Have you taken a look at their corporate clients? Asiamet is one that stands out for example. Out of interest what do you think Optiva should be doing ?
sull75
24/11/2017
10:54
Sull, I am not disagreeing with you but you used the word 'should' several times in your response. The market moves with perception a lot of the time rather than fact and that is what may happen here or is happening here. I mentioned a few weeks ago the role of Optiva in all this and I say again, they should be the ones challenging the perceptions and ensuring the facts are out there. IMO they are not pulling their weight.
tyler90
24/11/2017
10:45
Hello Tyler, I disagree, Wressle would be a good asset to have but we shouldn't think that the fact the council refused the application twice (bearing in mind that their own planning department gave the green light ) should then mean that management can't make the correct decision and it should definitely not hinder any future discussions regarding new assets. The Wressle decision is out of their hands, they've identified a decent asset which by all accounts should be producing now. Sometimes events happen which should not reflect on managements decisions and this is a prime example.
sull75
24/11/2017
10:23
Sull, I take on board what you mean but a refusal, albeit in a very small way, does reflect on managements decision to go with this project in the first place. It is all about credibility and although a refusal may not have major financial consequences, it will reflect on their ability to catch that company transformational deal or deals. All IMHO and DYOR.
tyler90
24/11/2017
10:11
If people are selling in connection to the Wressle outcome then they clearly haven't done their research on the situation and that a refusal has no effect to Upland whatsoever.
sull75
24/11/2017
10:06
The Wressle appeal was to start on 7th November and to sit for 6 days (up to last Tuesday 14th) so I wonder how this was received and if there is any link to the selling. Decision within 6 weeks of that so could come at any time. Either goes ahead or we keep our £1.3m and don't issue £300k worth of shares.
zengas
24/11/2017
09:43
So nice of the MMs to lower the share price for Black Friday!
sull75
23/11/2017
15:51
While it's deathly quiet and with little or no interest here, perhaps it'll cheer everyone up to revisit an excellent Zengas post from a short while ago, this is the kind of deal I believe we can expect here....hopefully quite soon! Difficult waiting with no news I know...but the rns will land out of the blue and send this higher I am sure....I have confidence in Staley and the large investors here who have not been buying on a whim..... "Brasso look what EME got in Indonesia in April. 10 per cent interest acquired for US$2 million on an existing untested offshore gas discovery. Drilled in June/July and tested gas. Then acquired initial 25% & 10% interests in 2 farm in wells in California for approx the same. 220m shares in issue in March and at 2.5p low = m/cap of £5.5m. Currently 398m shares in issue and presently 18p or £72m m/cap (Touched 31p in the last few weeks). I took up my full entitlement in the £1.2m fundraising in May and got significant excess and only 46% of the shares were actually taken up. No one would hardly say a good word about it 4 months ago and said it would be a penny before they would achieve their 3.5p placing and they thought they were justified when the company failed to get the full £1.2m offer away. Worth checking the extensive director, chairman and non exec and 1 other shareholding out in UPL. I don't see them as being here for the current assets on the books. If they get the right kind of deal/asset it could be transformational and I've been sitting patiently here since ipo and adding along the way."
sja123
23/11/2017
15:00
Well even if you are impatient, does not make sense to sell at a loss so you have to stay in :-(
tyler90
22/11/2017
15:59
Sull75 there's only us patient ones left...
yogaboy
22/11/2017
12:40
tyler you could make money on others like you say, equally you could lose money too.
thejaba
22/11/2017
11:22
Amen to that Sull :-/
soulsauce
22/11/2017
11:11
Dear Dr Staley, please could you kindly release some transformational news so we have something to discuss and liven the share price up a bit! I honestly didn't think we'd actually be waiting until Christmas and beyond for news but if we are then Merry Christmas and please make it a very Happy New Year for us all. From a very very very patient shareholder.
sull75
19/11/2017
23:50
TheJABA, I don't believe the risk is not whether it will rise from this level or not but how soon. There are plenty of other opportunities which could deliver a return quicker. Also the fact that management stated over 6 months ago that news around deals was expected in 6 months starts to develop doubt over their ability to deliver the longer the 6 months becomes. All IMHO and DYOR
tyler90
19/11/2017
09:30
Hope you are right thejaba.
soulsauce
18/11/2017
19:41
My view would be to load up as much as you can afford without putting yourself at too much risk, the management here are quality, they deliver, they take very little in salaries, around £100k for the CEO and entire board p.a. and they have about 50% of the entire share capital tied up themselves. When this goes it'll go,
thejaba
17/11/2017
20:20
I honestly don't think we are not going to hear anything until we hear the outcome of Wressle. Frustrating I know but that is the way I think the company want to play it. I hope I'm wrong.
sull75
15/11/2017
14:03
Let's hope so tyler a lot could happen between now and 14th December then again.........
soulsauce
15/11/2017
12:07
Will they have something to talk about at the AGM?
tyler90
14/11/2017
20:23
Any positive news about Wressle will surely kick start the share price in the right direction and with the anticipation of further asset news still to come (if we haven't already heard anything by then ) I can see us at a mc of 10 mil.
sull75
14/11/2017
18:42
Not sure I see how the Wressle result is going to significantly affect the share price May be add 15 to 20% at best.
soulsauce
14/11/2017
18:38
I've no doubt new assets have been lined up but I'm starting to think that maybe we won't hear about those until after the Wressle hearing and verdict. Steve was very adamant back in March that we would hear news regarding new assets within 6 months but back then he probably thought the Wressle situation would have been sorted out in July which would have increased the share price No doubt he wants the share price to be a lot higher than the latest placing price so another placing can take place at a higher price for any new assets they've had their eye on. Just have to wait and see.
sull75
Chat Pages: 27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:43 V: D:20171124 13:02:26