Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type
Australia And New Zealand Banking Group Limited ASX:ANZ Australian Stock Exchange Ordinary Share
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.23 0.86% 26.82 26.77 26.83 26.93 26.59 26.81 4,777,909 07:50:01

Worldline to Buy Controlling Stake in ANZ Bank's Commercial Acquiring Business

14/12/2020 5:38pm

Dow Jones News


Australia And New Zealan... (ASX:ANZ)
Historical Stock Chart


From Nov 2020 to Feb 2021

Click Here for more Australia And New Zealan... Charts.
   By Mauro Orru 
 

Worldline said Monday that it has signed an agreement with Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. to acquire a 51% stake in the bank's commercial-acquiring business as the company seeks to expand its merchant-services business outside of Europe.

The French fintech company said the stake acquisition is for a cash consideration of around 485 million Australian dollars ($365.4 million).

"Australia is a highly attractive strategic market as it is very close to Europe in terms of market structure, standards and technology, with a high level adoption of electronic payments. Backed by a solid macroeconomic environment and a strong long-term growth potential, the Australian market represents a rare opportunity to scale-up our platforms and roll-out our innovative solutions in very close partnership with such a leading institution as ANZ," said Worldline Chief Executive Gilles Grapinet.

The two companies are establishing a joint venture to operate and develop commercial-acquiring services in Australia, with Worldline retaining 51% and ANZ the remaining 49%.

The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2021, Worldline said.

 

Write to Mauro Orru at mauro.orru@wsj.com; @MauroOrru94

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

December 14, 2020 12:23 ET (17:23 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

1 Year Australia And New Zealan... Chart

1 Year Australia And New Zealan... Chart

1 Month Australia And New Zealan... Chart

1 Month Australia And New Zealan... Chart
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
ASX
ANZ
Australia ..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V:gb D:20210225 18:38:55