ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

MNL Manchester & London Investment Trust Plc

14.00 (2.34%)
26 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Manchester & London Investment Trust Plc LSE:MNL London Ordinary Share GB0002258472 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  14.00 2.34% 612.00 618.00 628.00 622.00 598.00 598.00 56,856 16:35:22
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Finance Services 31.91M 28.75M 0.7136 8.63 248.22M
Manchester & London Investment Trust Plc is listed in the Finance Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker MNL. The last closing price for Manchester & London Inve... was 598p. Over the last year, Manchester & London Inve... shares have traded in a share price range of 380.00p to 690.00p.

Manchester & London Inve... currently has 40,295,055 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Manchester & London Inve... is £248.22 million. Manchester & London Inve... has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 8.63.

Manchester & London Inve... Share Discussion Threads

Showing 501 to 518 of 525 messages
Chat Pages: 21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/4/2024
15:11
nvidia at 855 back above 50 day moving average of 540 - some pullback up from earlier the week ... the technical chartists I follow say they turn more bullish once this level holds (more so if we pass 20 day ma at 880)dyor and no advice
takeiteasy
26/4/2024
11:13
wrong thread!
jasperthemonkeygod
26/4/2024
05:33
To add a further quote from the article...

It spent about the same about the same amount—-around $12 billion—as Microsoft investing in infrastructure like servers and datacenters last quarter. But the results and comments on Thursday suggest that Microsoft is further along in delivering a payoff.

For now, shareholders are giving both companies leeway. At the close of Thursday, Microsoft shares were up 35 percent over the past year, and Alphabet 51 percent over the past year. They are both at or near all-time highs. But if customers keep flocking to Copilot and the prospects for Gemini and Google search don’t grow more clear, the trendlines soon could diverge.

So, near term Google has done better, but what is the long term probability - we sit here with 4% in Google and 27% in Microsoft. Dyor - but for me our manager's approach is being vindicated :)

takeiteasy
26/4/2024
05:27
"It is also critical for the Fund that there is no air pocket in the Quarterly Revenues at Nvidia as they introduce the Blackwell architecture chips which will
succeed the current Hopper architecture." factsheet update this month.

A very incisive point. Bear traders have pushed the stock below all the various support levels until they have as of last night gone into a bigger retreat.

Microsoft, Meta and Tesla to name but 3 mega caps have all confirmed higher and longer term AI capex investments - all including at the heart Nvidia chips.

Microsoft and Google had excellent results last night beating forecasts.

The other big fear from the bears was that the AI use cases were not strong enough yet to justify the returns - Microsoft helpfully for investors here showed very high activity levels with AI use cases.

APR 25, 2024 9:29 PM
Google Thinks It Can Cash In on Generative AI. Microsoft Already Has
While both Alphabet and Microsoft boasted strong quarterly earnings, only one tech giant showed that its generative AI bet is starting to pay off.

"Among Fortune 500 companies, 60 percent are using Copilot for Microsoft Office 365, a virtual assistant that uses generative AI to help workers write emails and documents, and 65 percent are using a Microsoft Azure Cloud service that enables them to access generative AI software from ChatGPT-maker OpenAI. “Azure has become a port of call for pretty much anybody who is doing an AI project,” Nadella said. The $13 billion dollars Microsoft has invested in OpenAI has certainly helped win those clients."

So, we run a risk that we have not had AMD/Nvidia results to confirm the thesis, but the possible "elephant in the room" over the long term value add for AI is being built quickly by Microsoft. We do have assurances over AI capex for the largest players out there.

Helpfully to cap a very helpful week for the fund we dodged the big drops on Intel and Meta by not having them in the portfolio.

The reason I have stopped trading this IT is that when turning points occur, they are picked up sometimes quickly and it is hard to get back a position I may have sold. Let's see for example today what price you can buy back in size with our AI thesis back on track.

Dyor and no advice intended.

takeiteasy
19/4/2024
12:49
hxxps://www.tipranks.com/news/citi-analyst-remains-bullish-on-microsoft-nasdaqmsft-citing-ai-and-azure-growth

hxxps://www.tipranks.com/news/the-fly/microsoft-internally-targeting-1-8m-gpus-by-december-insider-says

Microsoft (MSFT) intends to triple the amount of GPUs it has this year, having set an internal target of 1.8M GPUs by December 2024, Business Insider’s Ashley Stewart reports, citing a document. The company is aiming to make generative AI faster, better, and cheaper, but the effort requires the company to buy the chips, primarily from designer Nvidia (NVDA), the author notes

dyor etc

takeiteasy
19/4/2024
08:54
Our manager helpfully answers the question in my post 504 - interesting the text he highlights in yellow. Perhaps he does read this board at times :)

dyor and no advice

takeiteasy
18/4/2024
10:51
https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/ORACLE-CORPORATION-13620698/news/Oracle-to-Invest-More-Than-8-Billion-in-Cloud-Computing-and-AI-in-Japan-46462323/one of our smaller holdings dyor etc
takeiteasy
17/4/2024
15:40
nav update today moved 1% over the week leaving discount around 20%
takeiteasy
16/4/2024
18:44
hxxps://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/amd-s-stock-can-surge-40-this-new-bull-says-even-as-nvidia-still-dominates/ar-BB1lIFnh

dyor etc

takeiteasy
12/4/2024
12:03
"Another strong month for the Fund’s NAV moving up ~ 5 per cent TR. Q1 2024 has
seen a jump of ~ 33.5 per cent in NAV TR. It would not be surprising to see some
consolidation in the Ai rally until we see more proof of monetisation which may be delivered in the forthcoming Q1 results season.
The key concern for financial markets now is that the 10yr yield has climbed back to
~4.5 per cent following some hotter than expected inflation figures throughout
2024. The negative impact of higher yields on long duration assets should never be
underestimated. It is also critical for the Fund that there is no air pocket in the Quarterly Revenues at Nvidia as they introduce the Blackwell architecture chips which will succeed the current Hopper architecture"

I think this is a nice summary from the factsheet and the rationale for a sustained consolidation period with plenty of profit taking - be interesting to see what will bring the buyers back (discount is I think as high as it has even been since I joined here and that does not seem to make much of a difference either)

dyor and no advice

takeiteasy
12/4/2024
10:25
Planter is more phase 2/3 than phase1 chip manufacturer and data storage
iminterested
12/4/2024
09:10
Still no sign of Palantir in the portfolio. I wonder why not?
shavian
12/4/2024
08:20
9.08am I pay 6.47x 10000 for Mnl, Thank you M Sheppard, last time you picked the trading low @520p !!!
iminterested
11/4/2024
18:42
Southparkhedgie has written to Mark our manager on his twitter feed as to how he can short MNL, to which the reply was the following:

"We know Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan have borrow. Lots of CFD providers use these guys as the trade facilitators. There is 10,689 at the bid so decent amount to kick off!"
which almost comes across as tongue in cheek but is followed up by a large buy by Mark I read to make a point- who knows.

So maybe this has not happened yet - sheer madness imvho given we were at c.20% discount even before large tech bounce today eg Nvidia up 3% etc

takeiteasy
11/4/2024
16:27
What Hedgefund shorts? The FCA provides daily short positions over 0.2 percent in any UK stock. There are a couple of REITs shorted but MNL is not on the list for cob yesterday.
edwards9
11/4/2024
15:48
nice message from the fund managers buys today - you stick all your hedgie shorts on and I will buy against you lols 120k today is a decent sum :) dyor etc
takeiteasy
10/4/2024
23:10
hxxps://mlcapman.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/MLIT_Factsheet_202403.pdf

new fact sheet out tonight - nice he has bumped up micron holding (a little) :)

takeiteasy
10/4/2024
11:35
this is nvidia's keep supply partner :)

dyor and no advice

takeiteasy
Chat Pages: 21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock