ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for monitor Customisable watchlists with full streaming quotes from leading exchanges, such as LSE, NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, Bovespa, BIT and more.

IAW Iaws Grp.

0.00 (0.00%)
03 May 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Iaws Grp. LSE:IAW London Ordinary Share IE0004554287 ORD EUR 0.30
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 16.85 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Iaws Group Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 71 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
20/8/2008
20:52
Goodbye IAWS,I'll miss you......
djderry
09/6/2008
22:29
Quite happy with the deal,IAWS does,after all,buy the Lion Capital shareholding (which they acquired from Focus),IAWS take all the senior positions and IAWS shareholders own 83% of the enlarged company.If this is a merger,then it's a bit like Adolf 'merging' with the Sudetenland and 'merging ' with Austria,etc.,etc.
djderry
02/6/2008
21:47
The advantage with this thread,Liarspoker,is that I'm always guaranteed sensible posts! Also,I hardly ever contradict myself!
djderry
28/5/2008
23:47
Lol. This thread reminds me of my UDG thread djderry.

I am just about the only poster there but it's been a profitable share for me returning over 18% CAGR over the last 5 years.

liarspoker
28/5/2008
23:41
Superb interim management statement.(although I wonder do we really need one three-quarters way through the year.)Revenue up 19%,Origin is flying,profit margins maintained,'don't stop me now,I'm having such a good time.....'
djderry
10/3/2008
20:39
Sparkling interims,PBT up 40%,EPS up 30% and we still own 70% of origin.As my friend Buzz might say (regarding the next movement in the share price): 'To infinity and beyond'!
djderry
05/9/2007
22:55
The price of wheat continues to rise.I would expect the company to try to pass on higher prices to customers soon.Premier Foods have been hit so I presume IAWS is feeling the pain also.
djderry
16/8/2007
23:41
Thanks weemonkey,bought some more IAWS today,thank you Mr.Market!
djderry
29/6/2007
13:33
thanks weemonkey, I had a look at buying origin but decided it was to expensive. I might buy back into iaws though
jhan66
29/6/2007
12:50
have just spoken to investor relations who say that the origin sale has been done to pay down down debt on the balance sheet. Iaws will retain a controlling interest in in Origin.

they also say that the share price decline has happened partly as US sector peers have announced profit warnings as the cost of flour and grain have gone up so much. (have alook at a chart showing the cost of wheat.)

He said that Iaws has no current plans to make similiar profit warning.

my feeling is that on balance this would look to be a buying opp

the Irish exchange has also taken a bit of a hit due to general weakness in the Irish market cuased as much as anything by worries about overpriced property in Ireland

think I have jsut answered my own questions havn't I

weemonkey
29/6/2007
12:27
has the decline in the share price in IAWS been caused in part by this origin spin off?

ie in effect has some of the company's value now been assigned to Origin rather than Iaws?

And will Iaws shareholders be getting some Origin shares by way of compensation for the loss in intrinsic value in Iaws?

the recent decline does seem rather severe and has occured since the announcement to float origin on aim and in Ireland.

am I right in thinking this ?

weemonkey
30/5/2007
16:46
ORIGIN PRICES SHARES AT €3 - Agri-nutrition company Origin Enterprises has priced its shares for its IPO at €3 each. The shares will list on two exchanges - the IEX in Dublin and London's AIM - on June 5. Origin is the holding company for IAWS agribusiness and property interests. Part of its business is the Shamrock brand of nuts, seeds and dried fruits.
lbo
11/5/2007
12:19
Another Spin off thanks to Davy Corpoate finance! Well they do have to drum up business to pay for that expensive MBO. Origin PLC I see some of the press were calling it "Sloppy Seconds plc"!

And another property play in Ireland! It has 30 acres on the docks at Cork and a futher 30 acres in Naas Co. Kildare. Property assets will be estimated at €200m!!

As a trading business it will be made up of animal feeds, fish food, packed raisens and porridge! Exiting stuff! They will have sales of €800m but margins of 4%.

lbo
02/5/2007
23:10
I presume shareholders will get shares in Origin and that the market cap of IAWS will reduce accordingly?
djderry
12/3/2007
20:32
Just digestig the results...(the old ones are always the best!).Pre-tax profits up 13.5%,Otis throws off 20 million in free cash in first three months,delicious! Markets mark the share down 4%,probably because Food Europe is only up 6.5%.Silly Billies.
djderry
07/11/2006
19:57
read 'goodbody'.ie
djderry
07/11/2006
19:57
Goodbody stockbrokers have set a 12 month target of twenty euros for IAWS!See www.goodboy.ie/morning meeting wrap.Looovely!
djderry
24/10/2006
22:07
..and 'Peter'.
d.j. derry
23/10/2006
21:06
sorry,'being'.
d.j. derry
23/10/2006
21:06
I bought in in June '04 having been looking at them for ages.My brokers were recommending them but I kept saying 'I've missed the boat'.I don't tip shares to others,you really have to do your own research.When I'm interested in a stock,I get previous company reports to see where they've been and where they're going.Then,how much am I been asked to pay?I think stocks make sense on a ten,twenty,thirty year view,a la Jim Slater and the value of compounding.I have found Benjamin Graham's 'Intelligent Investor' to be invaluable and all of Philip Lynch's books as well.I also managed to lose my shirt in the tech bubble which has taught me quite a bit!
d.j. derry
23/10/2006
16:19
d.j, are you a long term holder? I found this company about 12 months ago through a value scan using sharescope. I believe in learining as much as I can about my stocks.
weemonkey
Chat Pages: 3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock