ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

BRU Brulines

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Brulines LSE:BRU London Ordinary Share GB00B13YVN56 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 107.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Brulines Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 73 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
14/4/2012
18:50
Hadn't spotted this before

Brulines now renamed Vianet (VNET). Have started a new thread using the new name/ticker here -

jeffian
09/3/2012
10:04
Ref #47 and #48, I must be going completely ga-ga in my old age as I had forgotten that BRU hold a stake of around 12%(?) in UNG acquired in 2009. I think #47 is confusing the tail with the dog!
jeffian
07/3/2012
12:15
"simonh88 - 3 Mar'12 - 03:09 - 47 of 55
....In short, I don't give it much chance, it needs to find something else. It's not for me sadly."

Not one of your better calls, simon!

8-)

jeffian
06/3/2012
16:49
Happy days! Although Me bought at at he end of last year before the bottom Me is sitting on a nice profit. Still undervalued.
this_is_me
06/3/2012
15:51
Whoops! Thar she blows!

It seems unlikely that Lee's activity alone (he says he bought 11 times between 80p-96 since 2006) is behind this. Interesting activity on rather a grim day in the market. There was a Trading Update on 4 March last year; maybe one due imminently?

jeffian
06/3/2012
08:20
Probably because of all the shares he had been buying. His site visit would also alerted a lot of others to the possibility of an article in FT.
cestnous
05/3/2012
18:56
I think a bit too much is being made of the Lee article, even if it was behind today's rise. The share price has been recovering quite strongly for over a month.
jeffian
05/3/2012
17:47
Interesting that Treatt, which Lee said is his largest holding, fell today.

If his portfolio exceeds £1m, He presumably holds rather a lot. He's too savvy to have too many individual stock to be able to keep up to date with news.

mctmct
05/3/2012
12:46
Some past commentary on how his tips affect the share price of small caps
zoolook
05/3/2012
11:07
Spike-up caused by John Lee's mention in Weekend FT?
strollingmolby
03/3/2012
15:19
simonh88,
I'm a shareholder in Brulines and I have to admit I'm yet to be convinced by the diversification into Petrol Forecourt Services (PFS), but I don't understand why you think Htec have such dominance that you "don't give it much chance". Universe had total (declining) revenues of £11.29m last year, of which PFS provided £7.726m. Brulines had total revenues of £25m in the period of which PFS (which was set up in the period by the acquisition and integration of 3 companies) provided £6.12m. It also seems that they share some of the same customer pool as Brulines Fuel Solutions claim a customer list including Shell, Total, Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons.

It hardly looks like BRU are the minnow attacking a market dominated by UNG; it looks more like two small AIM companies operating in the same market, of which UNG is the considerably smaller of the two overall.

Maybe there's a case for acquisition/merger?!

jeffian
03/3/2012
03:09
I'm not convinced about this company. Moving into petrol forecourt monitoring services! - they're up against a company called Htec owned by the Universe group which counts Esso, BP, Texaco, Asda, Morrisons amongst its customers in this very area.

In short, I don't give it much chance, it needs to find something else. It's not for me sadly.

simonh88
21/12/2011
00:13
I remember Vianet though from years back.

They seemed to be on the cusp of some major vending deals, Selecta etc, and now they are back to this?

Just seems it has gone nowhere.

bonio10000
20/12/2011
23:04
It may be peanuts in itself but I think the point that they are trying to make is that they are developing another potential revenue-stream. Brulines' 'core' business - monitoring beer flows in tenanted pubs - is under attack and they are desperately looking for other sources of income. Firstly, they have moved into petrol forecourt monitoring services and I suppose they are saying 'Look, here's something else that could be big'. If you're dealing with card-payment services, I suppose Visa is no bad partner!
jeffian
20/12/2011
22:37
Am I right that they put an RNS out about installing a few machines in Visa's offices....

Jeez.

bonio10000
09/12/2011
13:16
Just came across Brulines interims and while profits have fallen dividend has been retained giving a fair yield. Going to do more research before deciding whether to take the plunge and buy some shares.
ar4plcscom
07/6/2011
10:29
Anybody else in this? Results today OK given the mayhem in their core market (pubco's) and they seem to be making a reasonable fist of diversifying their business into other areas, particularly petrol station systems. With a yield over 6%, little debt on the balance sheet and a moderate PER, I'm holding on. I doubt it'll set the world alight but with the beer market stabilising and hopefully growth and synergy savings coming through from the acquired businesses, future results seem more likely to go up than down.
jeffian
11/4/2011
11:16
druinsky,

See my post 36 above. Derrick Collin's unfortunate past was 'spent' and deemed irrelevant by the time of his involvement with CBS, from which he was able to make two little fortunes - firstly by reversing his Brulines business into it in 1999 at 65p/share giving him cash and a controlling interest in CBS, then by forcing it into Voluntary Liquidation in 2002 (against the advice of the independent Directors, who were unceremoniously removed) and buying it back at 20p/share. The reason given for the VL at the time was that uncertainty about orders meant they may have insufficient working capital, but this was disputed by the independent Directors, and shareholders also indicated that they would put up additional capital if required to tide over a temporary situation. To no avail. Brulines re-floated in 2006 at around 145p/share at which point DC 'left the building' (pockets stuffed with cash, no doubt) so the answer to your question is, yes, this now has new management and, no, he is no longer involved.

Apparently, he has formed a competitor to Brulines called Cellarstream. I did mail BRU to ask how this could be and surely he would have been made to sign a non-compete contract on leaving. That was nearly a year ago; I'm still waiting for the answer!

jeffian
10/4/2011
13:46
I rememver that CBS, a company that used to be Brulines, had been run by a convicted blackmailer with a prison sentence. Is it now new managemt?
druinsky
08/12/2010
13:48
No comment about yesterday's Interims? I thought they were surprisingly solid given the profit warning on 26/10. Not too bad to maintain profits despite turmoil in their core customer base (pubco's) and bedding in new acquisitions. I'm not sure whether the stable share price reflects satisfaction or just lack of interest!
jeffian
28/6/2010
16:51
What on earth is Derrick Collin up to? There's a story running in the Publican which says he has acquired a business which competes directly with Brulines.

Those of us with longer memories hoped that, with the flotation of Brulines, we had seen the last of this unsavoury character. Due to the passage of time, his brush with the law is now 'spent' but his actions when Brulines was part of Comprehensive Business Services still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth (not to say hole in the wallet). Having placed a significant number of shares with various institutions and shareholders but kept a >50% controlling interest, he quickly put it into Liquidation and repurchased the shares for pennies on the grounds that 'delayed orders had brought into question whether the company had sufficient working capital'. This was disputed by the Independent Directors but the majority shareholding won the day and we were stuffed. Strangely, when Brulines refloated from the ashes, the Prospectus showed that there had been no such shortfall and, in fact, crowed about an unbroken growth record. So that was two little fortunes made for Mr. C from the same company but he was wisely erased from the records when the latest company floated. Now he pops up again with Cellarstream. Didn't they have him under a non-compete agreement?

jeffian
07/12/2009
13:41
Indeed. Perhaps the Universe deal is moving forward?
jeffian
07/12/2009
12:58
But it seems to have worked this time...
beaufort1
Chat Pages: 3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock