NEW YORK, June 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05917838/?utm_source=PRN
The global metal-air battery market size is estimated to grow from USD 438 million in 2020 to USD 842 million by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 14.0%. The growth of the market is driven by the growing demand for high-capacity, safe, cost-effective, and eco-friendly energy storage solutions.
Market for aluminum-air segment is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period.
The market for aluminum-air batteries is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The attractive properties and features of Al-air batteries such as cost-effectiveness, recyclability, safety, and high-energy-density are expected to make them an ideal solution for the electric vehicle application during the forecast period.
Aluminum is a lightweight metal and the Al-air battery uses air at the cathode that does not have to be stored in the battery, as a result, the Al-air battery is lighter compared with the Li-ion battery of similar capacity.
Market for high-voltage metal-air batteries is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period.
The market for high-voltage metal-air batteries is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to numerous advantages offered by these batteries that include zero maintenance, non-flammable, safe to use, low cost, and easy installation.
Market players are developing high-voltage metal-air battery systems that support and power high-current applications, have a long life span, and are equipped with high capacity and unmatched capabilities. These batteries are used for stationary power storage, marine, and telecom applications.
Metal-air battery market for electric vehicles is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period.
The electric vehicle application is expected to be one of the major segments for metal-air batteries.The market for these vehicles is expected to significantly grow in the near future, partly driven by the adoption of various environmental norms and emission regulations.
This is expected to create demand for metal-air batteries. Owing to environmental concerns and awareness about clean and sustainable fuel, there is a rise in the demand for EVs.
Several companies in the industry such as Phinergy, MAL Research and Development Limited, and Log9 Materials are working on developing metal-air batteries for electric vehicles.
APAC to continue to dominate global metal-air battery market throughout forecast period.
APAC is expected to continue to hold the largest share of the metal-air battery market from 2020 to 2025.The high number of metal-air energy storage system installations in the region, especially in Indonesia and huge amounts of sales of electronic devices that use zinc-air batteries, attribute to the dominating position of the region in the metal-air battery market.
The strong growth of electronics and automotive industries in the region is likely to offer growth potential to the market in the near future.
Breakdown of profiles of primary participants:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 = 15%, Tier 2 = 25%, and Tier 3 = 60%
• By Designation: C Level Executives = 35%, Directors = 40%, Managers = 25%
• By Region: North America = 30%, Europe = 35%, APAC = 20%, RoW = 15%
Major players profiled in this report:
• NantEnergy Inc. (US)
• Phinergy (Israel)
• Log 9 Materials (India)
• Arotech Corporation (US)
• PolyPlus Battery Company (US)
• Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (Japan)
• GP Batteries International Limited. (Hong Kong)
• Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc. (Canada)
• E-Stone Batteries B.V. (Netherlands)
• Arconic Inc. (US)
This report offers detailed insights into the metal-air battery market, based on metal, voltage, type, application, and region. Based on metal, the metal-air battery market has been segmented into zinc-air, lithium-air, aluminum-air, iron-air, and others.
Based on voltage, the market has been divided into low (below 12V), medium (12V to 36V), and high (above 36V).Based on type, the metal-air battery market is segmented into primary batteries and secondary/rechargeable batteries.
Based on application, the metal-air battery market has been classified into electric vehicles, military electronics, electronic devices, stationary power, and others. The market has been studied for North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW).
We have also captured the impact of COVID-19 on metal air battery market.
Reasons to buy the report
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the metal-air battery market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall size of the market, as well as its segments and subsegments.
2. This report includes the analysis of impact of COVID-19 on metal air battery market
3. The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information about key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
4. This report aims at helping stakeholders in obtaining an improved understanding of their competitors and gaining insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem of the market, as well as growth strategies such as product launches and developments, expansions, partnerships, agreements, contracts, and mergers & acquisitions adopted by major market players.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05917838/?utm_source=PRN
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/metal-air-battery-market-is-expected-to-grow-at-cagr-of-14-0-from-2020-to-2025--301086148.html