||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Teesland Share Discussion Threads
Showing 226 to 246 of 250 messages
|CG tax increase on trading imminent!!!|
|Clegg is now deputy PM !, could'nt make it up if you tried, the conservative rank and file are absolutely seething.|
|Tory Lib Dem,
= Debtors Limy - bound to appeal to the septics (yanks).
=Morbidly Set - we should all be hoping this is not the case, at least for the next 4 years
= Limb Destroy - It's Gordon and his gung ho economics and "prudence" that IS costing us an arm and a leg; let's hope they (Tory/ Lib Dems) can get us out of the problems.|
|13% up again today - and thank goodness people are keeping quiet about it still.|
|Quiet thread. What does today's rise portend I wonder - a full blown bid?|
|Most commentators seem to believe that Polygon will fail in their attempt to squeeze out a higher price, and if they persist will end up holding a worthless stake in a shell company. But they must think they know better, so wdik?|
|Does anyone know what is happening here?
Is this a £2 plus share? I have accepted the offer of £159.25 but will this offer be finalised?
any views please.|
|Can't give advice - but if I still had the shares I think I would be inclined to sell now in the market. A hedge fund has been buying in the hope of spoiling the bid or squeezing out a higher price. It's a question of whether you want to wait and gamble on them succeeding, or take the money now.|
|I didn't accept the offer and selftrade now say that I can decline it although the shares 'disappeared' from my portfolio. Not megabucks but if I sold at 166 less dealing costs then I would be better off than taking 159. Anyone else in this boat?
|I didnt anticipate it either.
Just lazy and left it sitting because there was nothing attractive enough at that moment to reinvest in. Also I had been lucky enough to hold RTD when there was a bid earlier in the Autumn so I knew the routine. I didnt really expect any further action here however and am still doubtful.
Assuming a further higher bid materializes and is successful as long as you still hold I think you will get the higher price. You have probably agreed not to sell in the interm as part of the acceptance anyway.|
|I think that's the right decision, Zetland - leave it to the last minute and see what happens. Something certainly seems to be up. Unfortunately I failed to anticipate this and have already accepted the offer.|
I think i will hang on to my holding a few days longer. 10m shares traded today and every trade above the 159.25p offer price. No good reason to buy above surely unless the prospect of a higher bid so I think I will watch and wait.
My letter of acceptance/refusal must be with my nominee brokers by midday 10th Jan so if anything is going to happen it will need to be soon. Anybody else with a view on this?|
|Sorry, torabora, but anyone foolish enough to post a ramp on a dead thread doesn't deserve to be read.
torabora - 3 Jan'07 - 12:19 - 100 of 100 (Filtered)|
|If you like property might want to look at NTA, Prime London housebuilder, on the roll.!!|
|Interesting goings on here: now above the bid price. Looks as though someone is planning a counterbid.|
|Happy Christmas to you too, melody, and no offence intended. :-)|
|Goooooooooood call Tim ;)|
|OK DJ - I did not spot the chairmans involvement in the earlier releases (though I do see it now) and only posted to highlight that. Hey I don't mind a bit of Xmas joviality to go along with a 35% gain in the portfolio!|
|Cheers CR. Was looking at NCU the other day. Missed the last few days rise, so not sure about risk/reward etc, etc.|
|Yes, I think we noticed that, melody. :-)|
|Industrial property fund manager Teesland (LSE: TLD.L - news) has recommended a Â£200m cash offer worth 159.25p a share from SCAMP Holdings, a group that includes its own chairman Kevin McCabe.|