Shield Therapeutics Takeover Rumours (STX)


Shield Therapeutics Chart

Shield Therapeutics Takeover Price

Shield Therapeutics Takeover Forum Posts

Morning peachie, Yes, that’s half of it. The other half (which ties in) is that Americans are, for the most part dynamic go getters who can vision what they want to happen immediately, and then plan around that. He’s not that, and a late substitute to boot. I’ve had direct experience of this in a company a relative owned and I had a stake in. Interested parties were just usurped by the Americans who came in with a knockout takeover offer that couldn’t be refused. They also made it blatantly obvious that they didn’t want anyone of the workforce from the top down as they had all their own people experienced and ready. Not saying it will go down like that here, just my direct experience. More than once as well.
Takeover won’t happen without the agreement of major 47% shareholder. Wonder what they think of current performance?
Oh , and a takeover wouldn’t surprise me.
How do you know they have no plan to replace them ? Did I miss that in the RNS ? Tim Watts could well fulfill the role well. He may be temporary. None of that info will be in the public domain. Or are we treading water until a takeover ?
But it has been his thing for a long time. I think he would be against a takeover at this stage. Who knows !?
I'm sure he would not be against a takeover if he holds 10% even at today's price. In presentations he always said that his aim was to make sure the small investors were looked after/did well as they normally get screwed over. Perhaps the big shareholders didn't like that mentality...
Nobby I did mention that a takeover could possibly be the only positive from the recent departure of CS aS founder of the company He may have been totally against it .That could be behind the recent rise who knows but while depending on price I would imagine we would not get the long term true value if a takeover is about to happen My guess would be around the £2.00/£2.50 level where as with the right USA partner deal and everything going to plan in China in 2/3 years we could be closer to the £4/5 level even higher if the trial with P20 I think it is goes well
Good progress, await with great interest news of a US commercialisation deal or takeover Happy to hold GLA
Why on earth would that happen ? Why is it possible to you. What reason ? More chance of hitting 150. Of course no crystal ball here , but if that’s you’re entry point Steve it maybe a while Edit. Of course every share has risk. Could find out Feraccru kills over 70s !!!!! 50p here we come. Conversely we could find out some US deal is done for millions or we are being looked at for takeover... 350 here we come
Glad his gone probably holding price back, now let’s a deal done. But takeover I reckon.
Could well be the signal that a takeover is more likely. Certainly smacks of a board room disagreement about strategy.
Good point At the end of today’s RNS it still states US , China and the fact it’s a viable alternative to IV. Cannot be coincidence of price rise of recent days, then this. TOTALLY MY THOUGHTS .... people finding out about ? Takeover. And this is why Carl is walking as the one man who is against but powerless to stop and knows he can’t screw friends and colleagues out of money by stopping it. I know , this is postulating and not based on any facts. DYOR. GLA. Exciting !
Reckon Carl was pushed out, could be lining up for a takeover, interesting times ahead imo dyor as usual I would add more but using the money to add more BP shares
High %age of shares owned by company insiders....for a takeover to succeed the offer would have to be very attractive
A couple of points i would suggest if no time frame had been put on an USA deal would anyone be concerned doubtful especially with the China deal in place. Looking at the chart after the FDA Readout we retraced close to this level on no news also we are not privileged to the negotiations but the longer things go on and on the basis shield are playing hardball a takeover approach could arrive. If you don’t need the funds just be patient and look to increase holding if it keeps getting cheaper
I do think the US deal will have a material impact on the company. This share does have a history attached that makes investors wary. It is also what makes it such an excellent opportunity for those that research it. You could argue that China may not advance the drug at all, and all it cost the company was $11m to mothball it for their own product, albeit I do not know about the China Patent protection area (welcome thoughts on this). Having looked at ASK, it does however look like a profitable and growing business - which is a positive. The current valuation is very low in my view, looking at the cash flows due from EU and China certainly supports £1.8 by itself. The US will see a significant uplift. I think this event in China let people exit that didnt want to want and signalled there was no takeover on the cards - both of which squashed the share price. My ten 10c obviously.
Patience is key I don’t see not getting a deal done by year end as a negative on the basis if they had narrowed it down to say two potential partners quite quickly a deal could well of happened. My gut feeling with the broad label approval the interest was greater and on that basis more interested parties taking longer to negotiate and the likelihood of a fruitful deal or even a takeover approach from a interested party.
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
Gulf Keyst..
FTSE 100
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20200605 20:04:18