Find Your Broker
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Scancell Hldgs LSE:SCLP London Ordinary Share GB00B63D3314 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 7.80p 7.60p 8.00p 7.80p 7.80p 7.80p 112,229 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology 0.0 -4.9 -1.3 - 30.25

Scancell Hldgs Share Discussion Threads

Showing 21701 to 21720 of 21725 messages
Chat Pages: 869  868  867  866  865  864  863  862  861  860  859  858  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
17/12/2018
14:08
Tosh I agree. The price is indicative of a bod is unproven in doing deals - i beleive they will get one over the line but likely 2020/2021. But they have to do something they havent been able to do it yet - its an unknown, science is early stage, moditope needs to prove it will work in humans, scib combo trial needs to show statiscal significance over just Keytruda, scib1 as a monotherapy seems to have been sidelined so not sure we'll see anything of that for years to come. It really is very risky - but i cant see it getting much worse from here, investor confidence is on the floor - good time to buy - dont worry about day to day fluctuations, no need for ramping - 2 years time you'll be laughing.
knowlesi
17/12/2018
10:38
Kreature, not sure that i would go that low. It may break through into the 6p level, but i would hope that 6p would be the bottom, buy hey, who knows ? Everyone ( apart from one idiot ) now realises and accepts, that this is, and always has been, a risky investment... RISKS do exist, and the ongoing decline of the share price is testament to that FACT. There are no givens in science. Everything that LD and Co are doing, is revolutionary. Its cutting edge stuff with no historical data to turn to. Even the trials with mice are by no means evidence that anything will work in humans. The risks are VERY HIGH, but the potential rewards are even higher, if successful. We probably have another 12 months before anything meaningful will happen that will have a distinct effect on the SP, so im comfortable just to wait, BUT, Im still very angry at the total mismanagement of the current, and previous BOD's. For me, the best thing that could happen, is a complete take over. Get rid of the buffoons that have so far stifled the business ( not the science ), and replace them with a corporate structure that knows what its doing. If someone came in and offered an equity plus cash deal, that effectively constituted a price of anything over 40p, I think that most investors would jump at it. Only my opinion though.
tosh123
17/12/2018
10:15
So is 4p the general opinion for the near term ?
kreature
16/12/2018
10:13
Https://twitter.com/CRUKresearch/status/1073935709252272128
gooosed
15/12/2018
04:58
Some searching for gainful employment might enjoy the Nobel lecture from James P Allison :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kuh7G9CP9Y&t=0 Courtesy of WF elsewhere . . .
torquayfan
14/12/2018
16:56
Der !eader reappears with CONSENSE statement about Ricky River its only one investor that is unstable weak and desperate And creates CONceot of risk and DELUsional. Well others MAY OPINE THat THEIR IS ONLY ONE DELUSIONAL Unstable Weak Desperate NOBhed Village Idiott and he lies about No risk and £10m in the bank. He is a paid up member of the ERG(EGOCENTRIC Repulsive GOON) Club who are determined to wreck the CONservative Party just like PLUM is a wrecker of the genuine posters on SCLP
drdobson1
13/12/2018
16:28
Great posts today. Would add that if positive news hits I think you will have ample opportunity to buy even if you have to pay a premium. They may do a commercial deal worth a lot of money but they will not be suspended so would agree too low to sell but don’t see much point in adding as this could go either way. Will wait for real news and then decide rom there
drdobson1
13/12/2018
13:51
Knowlesi I understand your point of view. I would hope that 8p will,in time, represent a good time to buy, but as you pointed out it may possibly be that the drift oozes to 4p!(or 3p or whatever.... Who knows? I don't). So, as a new investor I can see some logic in investing say 66% of your anticipated commitment now with a view to averaging the balance at 5p or lower... Or maybe 15p as the share price rockets for (as yet) reasons unknown):-). Given that many who have SCLP on their radar (if not in their portfolio) already have financial commitment, so I imagine 8p doesn't seem so good a level as maybe one half of the current price appears. I'm stuck with the idea that what I have I hold (simply because there's little logic in selling here and hoping that the share price halves). I have a good holding which allows me to sleep at night (although I would be disappointed to see the company fail). Equally if your 4p did arrive I'd certainly reconsider a further investment in the light of circumstances then prevailing. However, there's not a great deal to entice me to extend my existing commitment at this level simply because the Company's Scientific promise is not equalled by it's commercialisation to date. If the Commercials catch up with the science I'll be a very much happier shareholder. If it doesn't then the punt on SCLP didn't work, simple as that. There's other companies in my list that might make it and since a couple in the past have been good then the diversification of investment in AIM bios has paid off. Like Knowlesi I get the contrarian idea and so when there's clamouring that the shares are definitely set to soar to unbelievable highs I'll always consider taking out some of that rise in profit. I have in the past said I wouldn't sell any SCLP but thanks to the realisation that SCLP is little different from any other Baby Bio and the crazy claims that were being made for the share price when the cash raiser at 22p (?) was announced in 2013 (?) I divested, More by luck than judgement). I will say it was the relentless optimism and wild claims that were being put about for the share price at that time that drove me out. I've always been very appreciative of the desperate posts that were being made at that time that brought me to my senses. So, Knowlesi, I think we agree in principle, but as I'm already in I'm not sure that I want to increase my holding at this juncture. I'll wait a bit, and if I'm wrong, fair enough. If I'm right I'll think again at the lower level (if it's reached). I still retain hope for the company (and health beneficiaries) should the science live up to it's promise in the Commercial environment. AIMO ATB
oldnotwise
13/12/2018
11:46
The share price here has been hammered so hard, the trend is so strong which tells you there are a lot of investors who have given up over the last 5/6 years. The company has failed to progress at a pace that shareholders expected (whether that's shareholder expectation or the company that miscalculated is up for debate) - given the AGM comments I struggle to see anything really changing over the next 12 months re meaningful re-rate news. I don't think your average AIM investor is looking at the market cap and comparing our platform with others and saying there is a disconnect re relative values, rather they are seeing delays, a long risky road ahead and saying no thanks. This is why the share price could half again, in fact probably down is more likely on no news. Owning scancell feels a bit like being an option buyer - every day there is time decay which pulls the value of the option closer to zero - it's like everyday there is no news, more sellers. Probably not surprising considering the large retail holder base here, I have long been critical of the bod for not being more active in increasing their II ownership, which is generally smart money and in theory longer term capital. Your average retail guy doesn't want his money in a risky 5 year play. The bod seemed very clear at the AGM - and I actually agree with them, focusing on the share price is just a distraction for them and they should concentrate on getting IP into clinical trials and managing the business (we really can't have any more delays). Given this and the comments from JC - they see value coming from data and that's 18-24 months away - this therefore presents a you with a timeframe and it's by and large binary on success of clinical trails. Either investors wake up and look at the market cap vs. others and say this is too cheap or Scancell embark on more friendly share holder comms - being more proactive, get out to II's and present and get that institutional anchor base we desparately need - without those two actions (and I think the later is unlikely based on AGM comments) - the downward pressure will persist. Now all this said, I think this is exactly the time to buy - being a contrarian a good indicator of when to buy a stock is when everyone hates it/pessimism is strong. No good news whatsoever is priced in, there are many disgruntled existing holders and ex shareholders nursing losses - holding scancell has been a lesson in the power of sentiment and this seems to override fundamentals in this share (strong retail % ownership) - you can see if from the BB - when there is high fiving and gloating - the share punishes. When there is bickering amongst the bullish regulars - the share price goes on a burn. It's a classic sentiment gauge. Buy when investors hate and sell the stuff that is loved - sentiment become disconnected from the fundamental outlooks in both cases, given that I think it's hard to think of a better time to buy...
knowlesi
13/12/2018
08:48
WW, Yep... because you cant ever rule out something from left field. Free position built, now its time to just sit back and wait
tosh123
13/12/2018
08:48
WW, Yep... because you cant ever rule out something from left field. Free position built, now its time to just sit back and wait
tosh123
13/12/2018
08:27
So you predicted a sub 8p share price but held onto your shares. Perhaps part of the slow clappy brigade.
wigwammer
13/12/2018
08:17
Ruckrover .... " What does matter is that we are currently sitting on an share price below 8p. Who of us could have imagined that at any point in the last 6 years? " Thats a very simple question to answer... QUITE A FEW OF US, and it was predicted many times over the last year or so, its just that the ineptico happy clappy brigade wouldn't listen or understand.
tosh123
12/12/2018
18:13
PLUM is apoplectic. SP down.Theresa May in tatters but likely to limp over the line and put the ERG to the Sword. Jezza playing an absolute Blinder so baNANA will be booking his permanent holiday to Thailand but the penalties for CONvictions there are much more severe that a spell on the BIG HOHSE He will be dumping his shares soon as he will be insolvent for Xmas. At least his Xmas present list will be short only him and his EGO to buy for Hahahahaha
drdobson1
12/12/2018
17:41
Berm, Yes, I see where you're (or were) coming from! :-) I did brush against the idea that maybe it would have been worth using the Trigrid 1 for this trial up until the point it dawned that Scancell would be no futher forward at the end of the trial because I guess they'd have to test with the V2 ultimately as the V1 would be unavailble by then, so there's seemingly no way around the delay that Ichor's upgraded delivery system (if that's actually the case) has had on SCLP's trial . C'est la vie...... I'll sink back into awaiting developments (whilst maybe practising for the festive season)... LOL. AIMO ATB
oldnotwise
12/12/2018
17:28
As we're discussing the Ichor device, good to see that Scancell get a mention in an article published today in Nature. hTTps://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-07645-x?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nature%2Frss%2Fcurrent+%28Nature+-+Issue%29
bermudashorts
12/12/2018
16:21
ONW - that's exactly the point I have been trying to make (obviously very badly). Ichor submit a new device master file which is reviewed by the FDA (this happened in Feb). Anyone wanting to use the Ichor device in a clinical trial must submit an IND to a different branch of the FDA and this will be cross referenced to back to Ichor's master file. When reviewing each IND, the FDA will be assessing the use of the Ichor device in relation to the new drug in that particular trial, not the Ichor device per se. You therefore can't make the claim that the Ichor device hasn't been approved yet - all we can say is that it hasn't been cleared for use in the SCIB1 trial. It may or may not have been cleared for use in other trials. Having said that, Wild may be right, the other trials may be using the old device. If so, TF has provided a possible explanation. Loz, I think they said at the AGM that the SCIB1 trial start date would be H1 2019. They would have made that statement in the full knowledge of exactly what is required by the FDA and so would be amazed if they didn't hit that timescale - would be even better if they can get it into Q1. Hopefully news will come soon of the IND and we'll finally get to see the SCIB1 trial up on the clinical trials register with a status of 'recruiting'!
bermudashorts
12/12/2018
12:13
It might just be me {again}...BUT - Has anyone considered...the 'questionable' devise problem, may be 'lined-up' to be the 'excuse' for further delays in getting trials started ??? Quite 'conveinient'... if there were OTHER reasons,, one wished to remain in the 'background', for trials being 'unable' to start as yet ??? . Why have those 'promised trials'... not started ??? . Just an alternative thought ... if folks 'get my drift'
the real lozan
12/12/2018
10:49
Since the Trigridv2 has to be approved for use with SCIB and since it requires answers to panel questions (not necessarily about the V2 Trigrid in isolation), if anyone thinks that talking to Ichor will get a response re the Specifics of the Scancell trial, I'd be surprised. It's interlinked but not necessarily owned by either side. I'd guess it has to come from Scancell (it's their trial), so best someone mails Scancell. I don't believe its as simple as getting the Trigrid appliance approved and then anyone can use it.... It has to be approved specifically for use with any given Biologic agent and that can raise specific questions from the panel. So you see one trial could require more time to get going than another depending on the specifics, and so expecting Ichor to have the answers for Scancell seems a bit unlikely. Could be wrong... but. What a palaver... :-) AIMO ATB
oldnotwise
12/12/2018
10:08
No big deal - worth a re-visit and not much other news around atm https://drive.google.com/file/d/12QRlLjAojWKukLipQ4_1MkpOZOUTjHoJ/view That's Steve67's recording of the AGM - Dr Sally Adams comments at 24 mins 25 secs of TriGrid 1 ''it's no longer available'. Thanks again Steve.
torquayfan
Chat Pages: 869  868  867  866  865  864  863  862  861  860  859  858  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
SCLP
Scancell H..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20181217 17:01:06