Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Kefi Minerals LSE:KEFI London Ordinary Share GB00BD8GP619 ORD 1.7P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.015p -0.58% 2.555p 2.50p 2.61p - - - 205,790 16:35:06
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Mining 0.0 -1.2 -0.0 - 8.50

Kefi Minerals Share Discussion Threads

Showing 66001 to 66024 of 66025 messages
Chat Pages: 2641  2640  2639  2638  2637  2636  2635  2634  2633  2632  2631  2630  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/5/2018
18:45
Large trades 500k+ seem to be now going through as block transfers at mid, suggests the seller has woken up a buyer happy to take decent amounts and as a result we'll hopefully not see any more of the aggressive/careless selling down of the last ten days or so. Been a pretty stable share price today so easier to assess these as the above. I realise this is market minutiae but it amuses me to, pick up on these little titbits/desperately feed my deluded bullishness
pediment
23/5/2018
12:29
On that we can all agree Estseon. The original investments here are write-offs and only those who have averaged down will - if Harry actually delivers the financing - be able to live to argue it was a worthwhile investment. And the later one averaged down the better. I thought Harry was moving us towards a funding package in 2017 after the consolidation and July bond issue RNS with Oryx (how soon we all forget...). So much so that I plonked another £9k down at 5.6p or so. Made the average better looking for a few months, and now even that is 50% underwater! That is, in a nutshell, what is the difficulty I have with Harry and stale bulls here who maintain blind faith. It looked like we were underway but not a bit of it. It costs us money each and every time our hopes are raised and dashed. I can't recall the last time we had a sustained period of share price appreciation - can anyone? But from what you're saying Est, I should find that my £9k should at least break even one day...unless or until we get more delays and another cash call. That extra ten million we are getting - could it help avoid that scenario? Topicel
topicel
23/5/2018
12:14
Executive Chairman Harry Anagnostaras-Adams discusses their recently announced bond mandate, next steps to complete the funding package for the project, timeline for construction at Tulu Kapi and where they are on their Saudi Arabia and Ethiopia operations. Interview - http://bit.ly/2KMq0M2 Q&A - http://bit.ly/2G4BsyK
astonedt
23/5/2018
11:31
Whoever was unloading in quantity seems to have stopped doing so for the time being at least. Perhaps we might see a decent (as opposed to a "descent") response to news of further progress. HAA indicated in one of the interviews last month that he was hoping that the bond prospectus would be issued this month. The increase in the issue size and the fixing of a coupon (all but) for the bond suggest that there are prospective investors waiting out completion of the formalities. The prospectus is one of those formalities. The Lux SE can accommodate deferred or "intended" listings. Whether this would be sufficient to trigger the equity investment, I do not know, but it might be possible. hxxps://www.bourse.lu/new-listings I've been invested since Feb 2011 and I paid nearly 126p after correcting for the 1:17 consolidation. Looking at my investments in the company as individual holdings, those made in H1 2011 are likely to make a loss. 75% of my holding was purchased at an average price of 4.2p so the profits on the later purchases should more than outweigh the losses on the initial reckless purchases. I actually thought at the time that I might make a multiple return. Now I would make a significant profit selling at just half the purchase price of those initial investments.
estseon
23/5/2018
10:15
On the good news front might leak out who the possible new investor into Kefi Ethiopia is if it has not already (might explain improved bond deal).
robjm66
23/5/2018
10:03
Gdavies guess that makes me a newbie!
robjm66
23/5/2018
08:35
Imo there won't be a bounce for at least three months. The reasons are; End of year reports. No matter how he swings it the share price has reduced the input on the Lanstead Deal. Outgoings MUST be well into the red by now. Forecasts for more than Zero in the bottom line are non existent. The Lanstead Deal itself. Still has until September to run, and while they haven't helped the share price itself the recent sale spree by the company sorting out Beaufort Securities has surely put even Lanstead Projections into the bin by now. If the DD completes and the Bond issues before August I will be pleasantly surprised. HAA has stated he has everything lined up behind the deal but the drawdown isn't needed until September (OR the end of the rainy season 2018, 2019, who knows) otherwise the interest starts accruing. Other than the three points I listed above, which are all negative, I can't see anything that is positive coming Kefi's way. I'll also add in a note about KSA. After the King headshot over half the ruling party, he effectively stunted anyone from taking a lead decision over the Mining and Mineral Review within the Kingdom. Thats going to take months for the dust to settle and any forward lookin decisions being taken. With the IPO for the Saudi Oil taking precedence, KSA and Kefi's 40% ownership in any mining venture is almost, if not completely, stalled.
cybaajak
23/5/2018
08:33
Heartened to be holding the torch with the other old timers. Patience may be rewarded.
aircomm
23/5/2018
01:13
Robjm - there’s still a few of us since Turkey, let alone ksa.
gdavies2
22/5/2018
19:15
as i said to my daughters this morning,who are in the middle of gcses and A levels (im an old dad).............every day that passes will be a day nearer the end of the nightmare. hmmmm lol HB
hairyback2
22/5/2018
18:35
Thanks for the link HB. Nice to see a report out from someone who has bought ome sshares. FY results out soon, AGM next month. Got to be some clarification soon.
bluesbeater
22/5/2018
16:47
hXXp://www.valuethemarkets.com/index.php/2018/05/22/kefi-minerals-rock-bottom-share-price-turn-kefi/ HB
hairyback2
22/5/2018
16:46
And...I've gone long gold...probability-wise the low is in. M
marnewton
22/5/2018
14:52
Thanks tax loss for the confirmation. That was my reading of the RNS as I posted. At the current PoG it would be about 1/3rd cheaper - that's quite a coup and represents an even greater reduction in the risk margin sought by the market. He is talking about reducing the margin over cost of money measured by reference to the 10 year Treasuries from about 7.5% at the current gold price to about 4%. If the debt market is so relaxed about construction and production risk, possibly equity investors should be also. Quite touching that the debt providers want Kefi to retain control. That's a bigger vote of confidence than equity investors have given.
estseon
22/5/2018
14:23
tlt,cheers very significant imo. dont forget,it was $140m,then 150m,now 160m. 8% plus gold link to 7% is at least a 12% betterment..........not far off $20m debt finance for 'free' (ish),lol HB
hairyback2
22/5/2018
12:51
Amazing news...And thanks for sharing.
richsmithsmith
22/5/2018
12:31
Hi guys. You may remember that I sent an email regarding the indicated coupon on the bond to the Q&A Link, as follows: Good afternoon. Does today’s RNS imply that the expected terms of the pending bond issue have changed to just a coupon paying bond & that the previously mooted gold-linked element has been discarded? Today's response: Your interpretation is correct. In the current market, the bond would simply have a coupon of c.7% I for one am amazed that if they get this bond away at around 7% how "relatively" cheap our debt servicing will be.
taxlosstone
22/5/2018
10:37
.. and scatter a few bone splinters, read tea leaves, consult spiritalists and pray to long extinct gods....
cybaajak
22/5/2018
10:15
“It's a highly complicated transaction, why should it be easy to understand? if you want something simple, why invest in the first place? perhaps you under estimated how complex it would be and maybe you need to research more yourself to gain an understanding?”; A lot of shareholders got in here when it looked like a more or less straight forward KSA gold play with Kefi already set up with a major Saudi partner. It’s now switched to a highly and ever more complicated deal in Ethiopia where everyone has to go through every bit of info, RNS or not, at this rate we will be sacrificing sheep and examining its entrails to divine the omens. Not just a matter of shareholders here being able to understand but attract new ones as well and thats not even getting into the fact that the more complicated a deal is the more likely that something can go wrong.
robjm66
22/5/2018
09:50
Likewise. Just hope they get the bloody money !!!
unionhall
22/5/2018
09:47
union fair enough,i respect your opinion. HB
hairyback2
22/5/2018
09:44
Hb2 - you are often a rock of sense - but not this time I think. "harry has said on dozens of occasions that the BOD are using best endeavours to secure an optimum outcome for shareholders...." No director has ever said otherwise. In fact I think they are legally required to do so. So we cannot take any thing from that. "in addition,harry and the BOD have a lot more to lose (financially and reputationally) than any of us,as shareholders...." Many Directors have come out well when PLC's have been taken private - depends on the deals made with the new owners. HArry was effecively fired from the EMED board and doesn't seem to have suffered financially and reputationally. "current 'live' information indicates that it is possible that there will be NO dilution at parent level,even with Lyco 2.5% included....." It is pretty well shown above that Lyco will be dilution at the PLC level. Also there is no other info about working capital funding of the PLC - all funding detail has been focused on the project. Remember Lanstead were to be paying over £200k per month for their shares. Because of the lower share price they are currently paying about half of that. How are Kefi making up the difference and when will the cash run out ?
unionhall
22/5/2018
09:30
my tuppence worth. it is always worth digging around and debating points of interest and perceived significant 'issues' when company dictats are not 100% clear in the minds of shareholders (are they ever on any company ?). however,the risks in doing this very often outweigh any 'advantage',as the complete story will not be in the public domain until the comp knows the outcome themselves and/or is permitted to release it. whilst that 'debate' continues the inevitable outcome is negative,particularly in KEFIs case where all we have seen in a decade is an eroding share price and the default position of many s/hs is the same as pavlovs dog thats been whipped all its life. if its a 50/50 situation,its bound to be bad,innit ? i am as much to blame for this in the past as others,but am learning to stand back and try to concentrate on the macro picture. harry has said on dozens of occasions that the BOD are using best endeavours to secure an optimum outcome for shareholders. this has been repeated almost ad nauseum. tops is only 'right',if we are taken private. it is simply inconceivable that harry and the BOD can state the above,and given the developements and progress last 6 months,will fail to the extent that going private is 'in the best interests of shareholders'. that is my view. in addition,harry and the BOD have a lot more to lose (financially and reputationally) than any of us,as shareholders. harry has a b/e higher than many of us,and yet remains resolute on the funding plan. harry and the BOD know more than any of us speculating for eternity. ergo,whatever is the final solution,will imo be the optimum available at the time and prevaling circumstances. there is nothing to gain by the BOD in selling us down the river................it is precisely the opposite. current 'live' information indicates that it is possible that there will be NO dilution at parent level,even with Lyco 2.5% included,but we must assume that the BOD will make the best decision that they can at the time. what is good for them is generally good for us. let them get on with it,and support the company,we can do nothing else. IHWT HB
hairyback2
22/5/2018
09:27
Its like an alternate world where every year the same things get spouted time and again. The second paragraph is what HAA has been saying for years. It HAS been years. Paragraph three is even better in that is states Lycopodium has already started work on the project timetable ready for construction start q4 2016. Best part is at the very bottom of the page Quoted for truth "FE Investegate takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information within this site." Although, going full on wistfull.. Would I take $2.5m worth of shares BEFORE the financial package gets delivered (if at all) or after.. knowing the $2.5m figure is solid and the share price a.k.a. value of Kefi isn't. Decisions, decisions.
cybaajak
Chat Pages: 2641  2640  2639  2638  2637  2636  2635  2634  2633  2632  2631  2630  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:30 V: D:20180527 01:37:54