Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Karelian Diamond Resources Plc LSE:KDR London Ordinary Share IE00BD09HK61 ORD EUR0.00025
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.15 -3.61% 4.00 3.90 4.10 4.15 4.00 4.15 196,417 15:59:59
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Mining 0.0 -0.3 -1.0 - 2

Karelian Diamond Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 13701 to 13722 of 14500 messages
Chat Pages: Latest  556  555  554  553  552  551  550  549  548  547  546  545  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/9/2019
15:07
Rebels will have acted upon the advice of their lawyers and brokers before calling another EGM they arnt going to requisition one without doing due diligence first .
catswhiskas
11/9/2019
13:50
A fair summary, SirIan. We are not far apart. If the dissdents can come up with anything we shall no doubt discover in the fairly near future. As to if not, and they seek to sell their holdings, an interesting question might be who the Heck would be daft enough to pay money for it?
ladybird1
11/9/2019
13:27
They may not intend to hold a vote but its not a question the BOD can determine on their own. I imagine its up to how the the statutory requirements of the Irish Companies Act 2014 are interpreted. So yes in some way I share your concerns because the one thing this BOD is good at is using its legal obligations as an excuse. Lets see what comes back. If he felt so safe in that regard I doubt he would have converted debt to shares. As for ranting on a website. I have seen more information and detail on that site than anything the company has ever produced. Their arrogance to dismiss at least 40% of their shareholders concerns as vexatious or disgruntled blogging or actually harmful to the companies progress is simply offensive and arrogant. I'd also be asking what does the BOD intend to do if another EGM is going to be held. Or is this just the excuse they can dine off for another 12-24 months while nothing progresses. They have offered nothing in their responses to the very shareholders (who haven't sold) to try an allay any of their concerns or lay out a way forward. If there isn't an EGM or the vote is lost again ... what next? In the absence of anything from the company I imagine the 40% plus will cut their losses and run and where will that leave the company.
sirianbotham
11/9/2019
11:17
You're not answering the basic question, SirIan. What can the dissidents actually do now to remove the Board? The Directors plainly do not intend to rehold a vote. It seems unlikely, as the EGM was properly held and their was no negligence by the Company, that they could be forced to hold a fresh one. So the Board seems safe for another year. Should the dissidents have any course of action open to them, other than ranting on a website, I shall be most interested when it is revealed. But I quite simply can't think of one.
ladybird1
11/9/2019
11:14
@SirIan, well they got 3% above their own plus Martello's holdings last time, so that is a maximum of 40%, assuming they can and do push their holding to the maximum 30%AND IF, and ONLY IF Martello still vote for them, having just experienced a 25% loss and potentially seeing the bottom of the barrel if Conroy wins again.
chrysos
11/9/2019
11:00
"The Board have also made their position totally watertight by conversion of the loan to their maximum possible shareholding." How? What % of the company do you think the BoD can count on for support
sirianbotham
11/9/2019
10:58
Well I wouldn't give the current BOD another £ no matter what scenario they painted because 1) I don't believe they could / have / can articulate a simple business case (such as the one above) even if they were motivated to do so. 2) No-one would believe them if they did There is no confidence anymore in CGNR / KDR
sirianbotham
11/9/2019
10:57
Go on then, guys. What - in practice - can the 'requisitioners' actually DO? I should be so grateful, (poor ignorant as I am in these matters?), for a straight answer. Many thanks.
ladybird1
11/9/2019
10:54
copy from lse At the risk of p!$$!ng Maureen off with negative blogging, aka expressing a valid opinion, let us assume that with new management, with the present ~40M shares out at ~3p, they raise £1M at 4p (25M shares) and a further £1M at 6p (15M shares) and take the project through to feasibility, and that takes the company to a valuation of £4.5M (the present market cap plus the money raised plus a 50% premium for positive results) on 80M shares. Anyone in at 3p right now sees dilution of 50% but a doubling in share price so is no worse off. Let's then assume they go ahead with the project, raising 50% on debt and £10M as equity, at say 8p a share, for another 120M shares or 200M then out. Based on 0.7Mt a year at £30/t value and £15/t costs that is £10M a year earnings, at say 10:1P/E that would give a valuation of 60p. The current 3p shareholders now have 500% dilution with 40M going to 200M shares, but 20x share price appreciation from 3p to 60p. That is still a 4x appreciation, or 12p in today's money. Plus if new management can do this project, presumably they can achieve other results in Finland, and even elsewhere? The present lot certainly don't seem to be able to, or if they are, to have the years left to actually do it. Assuming another 6 months fighting with his shareholders, 2 years for feasibility, 18 months to build the mine and 8 years of mining, Conroy will be getting his telegram from King William before then.
hooops
11/9/2019
10:46
Absolute codswallop
sirianbotham
11/9/2019
09:31
k ladybird your so money supermarket and thanks for clarifying your links to the existing board.
hooops
11/9/2019
08:45
Well, Cats. I should be very interested to know what they can actually DO, apart from mucking around rather ineptly. As I have it, the Board can simply ignore them.
ladybird1
11/9/2019
07:44
Difficult to see what the dissidents hope to achieve now. They lost at the EGM. It may be that an agent failed to block a crucial block of shares. That is not the Company's responsibility. They have carried out their legal duty. As they note in their response to the EGM request, further pursuit of a further EGM on the same motion is - however unfortunately - just 'vexatious'. The Board have also made their position totally watertight by conversion of the loan to their maximum possible shareholding. The failure to date the latest requisition to the Board perhaps rather neatly sums up the competence of the dissidents. Time to move on.
ladybird1
10/9/2019
14:23
Something is wrecking the width of the text on this BB and I suspect it is the long links in the header. Try using tinyurl.com - please
willoicc
10/9/2019
14:18
From the web - definition   Net Present Value (NPV) is the value of all future cash flows (positive and negative) over the entire life of an investment discounted to the present. NPV analysis is a form of intrinsic valuation and is used extensively across finance and accounting for determining the value of a business, investment security, capital project, new venture, cost reduction program, and anything that involves cash flow. From the report  Mid case NPV from the smaller site tonnage figures £39.8m  Current Co valuation circa £1m , looks like a great value creator !!
hooops
10/9/2019
13:18
Something to read and comment upon makers a welcome change from months of speculation based on no information
sirianbotham
10/9/2019
13:17
very comprehensive and interesting
sirianbotham
10/9/2019
11:44
hxxps://www.karelianshareholders.com updated
hooops
10/9/2019
11:28
HTTPS://www.karelianshareholders.com/blog/lahtojoki-report
witchywoo
10/9/2019
09:42
Buys coming thru now... L.
lazygun
09/9/2019
21:57
Yes hopefully we will see an update soon on the shareholders website not updated since 26th July .
rbonnier
09/9/2019
19:25
Looking again at the 12 month share price performance, if the prof and directors are deemed to be a concert party, and the requisitioners push that, then I believe the prof and co would then be forced to make an offer for the company, which would then put a floor under the company of 4.25p which is the highest price it traded at during the last 12 months (not including the intraday high recently which I think went to around 4.4/4.5p). (Having said that, I don’t think the prof and the directors would have the collective funds to be able to afford to make a bid, so in such a circumstance, would they then have to sell done some of their holdings?). Interesting times. assuming the latest egm request is treated as valid, that would suggest an RNS around the 23rd September declaring an egm date somewhere around the end October..... So not long... Hopefully we’ll see more updates from the shareholders website... L.
lazygun
Chat Pages: Latest  556  555  554  553  552  551  550  549  548  547  546  545  Older
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
LSE
KDR
Karelian D..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20200607 07:25:40