Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
K3 Business Technology Group Plc LSE:KBT London Ordinary Share GB00B00P6061 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +1.00p +0.48% 211.00p 208.00p 214.00p 211.00p 210.00p 210.00p 6,825 09:38:49
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Software & Computer Services 83.3 0.0 -1.1 - 67

K3 Business Technology Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1026 to 1048 of 1275 messages
Chat Pages: 51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
31/8/2012
08:29
the "independent" - non execs in theory. I would rather sell out to Sage as then Board will go for top price knwoing their positions are gone. With MBO they have an incentive to get it "cheap" . All depends if they are the only game in town. If we have two bidding we should get a decent price.
felix99
31/8/2012
08:16
So this a MBO with private equity finance is it? How will shareholders know if the takeout price is fair?
philo124
31/8/2012
08:12
Finally looks as if we might be on our way with a bid...LDC, Lloyds investment vehicle is apparently in pole position. http://www.altassets.net/private-equity-news/by-news-type/deal-news/ldc-in-pole-position-to-buy-k3-business-technology.html LDC in pole position to buy Manchester's K3 Business Technology 30 Aug 2012 LDC, the private equity arm of state-backed lender Lloyds, is understood to be in pole position to clinch the hotly anticipated buyout of Manchester-based enterprise software group K3, two people familiar with the matter told AltAssets. ---- I've also been in contact with the CEO who concedes that it is "Frustrating" that KBT are PRECLUDED from updating the market on trading, indicating that if things weren't as previously forecast they would have been REQUIRED to issue a profit warning. So, with 28p EPS forecast I still maintain any takeout should be in the region of 220p-240p following my previous calcs that I posted to this thread. Regards, GHF
glasshalfull
28/8/2012
14:12
If an offer was being considered by a trade buyer who understood the business and wanted a straightforward deal, then surely there would have been a deal by now at a decent price. In Private Equity deals where they want to retain directors/management, then the negotiations can be a lot longer and the directors do not have the same incentive to do the best deal possible for outside shareholders. I have been following KBT for many years but have never felt confident enough to invest. The same applies now.
123prezzie
16/8/2012
09:40
Why on earth was David Bolton, who is the full time Fd here, allowed to be chairman at such a demanding and time consuming company as Dawson? They are now in administration so he may have time to help get the UK s longest running bid situation to a finale!!
davidosh
16/8/2012
09:20
Is David Newlands ex GEC?
philo124
01/8/2012
08:14
Felix, you are correct,I have had an e-mail from the Co.stating that they are unable to make a statement during a Sales Process.We can take comfort from the fact that if the numbers had not been o.k. they would have had to make a statement.They said it was "extremely frustrating" not being able to update the market
rogash
01/8/2012
00:31
Dropped again. The chart support at around 120p
snatander
31/7/2012
18:29
have i missed profit warning?
snatander
31/7/2012
17:47
well presumably trading is in line - it must be implied as otherwise they would have to warn or say ahead. So EPS of 28p is average market forecast so they must be +/- 10% of that as rule fo thumb for issuing a warning or ahead statement. Why they cant just spell it out I am not sure - certainly would have been better PR wise I feel.
felix99
31/7/2012
16:28
As we are now past the year end would they not have to update the market if they were not going to meet and equally if going to beat forecasts?
davidosh
31/7/2012
12:48
or perhaps like me you have faith but have sold a few - just cos without any trading update I know over next month or two it will just drift further on no news - and most likely the bid price will have moved down allowing me to buy back cheaper. I should have sold more at £2 in hindsight but at the time I thought £2.30 plus looked fairly certain. Now I think any bid will be at around £2 at best unfortunately. Still I am largely cash so got no other use for the cash tied up here currently
felix99
31/7/2012
12:46
from a modest pe of 7/8,£2.20 would be a minimum price.
rogash
31/7/2012
12:23
Pe is under 6 and presumably results in line, as no indication to the contrary. Perhaps a few had taken out t10 or t20s with a view to a firm announcement in July.
stegrego
31/7/2012
12:06
where did you take the £2.20 from?
nicedude1976
31/7/2012
11:33
It wouldn't surprise me if the price had already been agreed and the buyers are waiting to see if trade falls off in any way in this environment. KBT work with the retail sector and I suspect a number of retailers aren't looking to invest in KBT services if they don't have to right now. Just guessing. Would have been nice to have had a trading update. Any thoughts on why we didn't get one?
simon42
31/7/2012
09:04
This is very frustrating news but perhaps could be viewed as positive as im sure the talks would have been terminated by now if the offers werent acceptable. I am tempted to up my holding here.
cfro
31/7/2012
08:36
They won't be negotiating for less than £2.20,ongoing is promising.
rogash
31/7/2012
08:12
Having had experience of lots of takeover situations over the years, it is quite typical for the process to take about six months.
cb7
31/7/2012
07:08
Oh come on, how long do you need to 'discuss' a sale. You are either buying it or not.
stegrego
25/7/2012
18:32
Well, another 8.3 announcement coming out after the bell today with Hazell Carr buying again which is encouraging. I also noticed Guy Thomas was named in the RNS. Didn't he write Free Capital which interviewed a number of ADVFN traders? I think he used ADVFN himself. For me this is a positive. It would be nice to wake up to a takeover one morning. Here's hoping.
simon42
25/7/2012
16:03
Yep, don't take too much consideration of the trade data. For instance I noticed 50k or 60k shares go through at 165p last week and noticed that it was actually a purchase...with this particular purchaser triggering a Form 8.3 disclosure (check announcement for Hazell Carr Edwards. There have also been a number of cross trades. I'm quite certain that we'll get an update in the next day or so which will clarify. Given that we are now 3/4 weeks since completion of finacial year, I presume in absence of a trading update that KBT has traded in line & therefore again would assume theyll deliver earnings c.28p If so & in absence of any material change to trading then I'd suggest these are good value irrespective of whether a bid comes off. I'm not naive to suggest failure of bid talks would not hit the shares in thevshort term despite the lack of any premium to the shareprice, but if they start to demonstrate value and growth in managed services then I think any short term weakness wold be short lived. All hypothetical...we'll know more in a few days. Regards, GHF
glasshalfull
25/7/2012
12:58
More selling going on here today. Bigger than usual. Company hoped to update the market in July on the sale of the business. Clock is ticking and I believe we are overdue an update on general trade anyway. If the sale wasn't going ahead you'd think they wouldn't bother to leave the market hanging but the recent share sales make me nervous. Good company either way. Any views?
simon42
Chat Pages: 51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
KBT
K3 Busines..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20191018 00:36:48