||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
JRP Group Share Discussion Threads
Showing 101 to 125 of 125 messages
|Final Div 2.4p, ex div on 4 May, that could push share price back over the 1.30 mark. However, still a long way to go to regain former glory - and also to reach brokers forecasts which range from 1.60 to 2.20. Latest is 2.20 from Numis. Bring it on!|
|have we finally seen the back of any selling? a move above £1.30 again would be nice to see!|
|I guess the uncertainty and weak share price at present is a result of market nervousness about what the big pe holders with 39% of the company intend to do. They cannot do anything for 90 days so I guess it is wait and see until then.|
|Ex div on 4 May - at least that's something to look forward to.|
|yup, patience required....|
|JLP don't normally give trading updates at the AGM ... so not expecting anything on 18th May this year.
However, they do issue Q1 & Q3 trading statements. The 1st quarter ended on 31st March so possibly a TS next month ? That being said there isn't anything scheduled for release looking at their financial calendar.
|well making some headway today, making up most of yesterday's losses. needs to break £1.30 IMO to start re-tracing convincingly....yield helps in meantime, but next RNS will set tone of direction for share price IMO....
|Sorry, no views or explanation. Just hanging on and gritting teeth!|
|because of pe OVERHANG? Numbers, profit and yield all heading in right direction so presume it is just the potential overhang? Any other thoughts?|
|Seems like the shorts are in play on this one.|
|and looking like a dead duck today! Blimey someone wants out it would appear, not massive volumes, but a big old move today. Any views / news on anything that has changed?|
|Great day! Looking much better now.|
|has the worm turned finally?|
|Salpara, re potential acquirors - there's conventional life assurers who want the mortality data on impaired lives, there's potentially foreign life companies and there are closed funds, who would be attracted by the discount to EV which is currently around 42%. On the foreign companies, PA had developed a JV in the US for care insurance and JR has a nascent South African business - neither of which are in the price in my view.|
|With pe boys owning 39% of the business I struggle to see how they exit without negotiating a complete sale of the business. They cannot sell the 39% stake to a single investor as that would trigger a mandatory takeover offer.
Placing 9% has driven the share price down dramatically so there is simply no possibility that they will be able to exit by selling down their stake into the market which leaves the possibility of a sale of the business.
I don't know enough about them to really understand who might want them and more importantly what sort of price they might be willing to pay for them.|
|PE boys actions dictated by the life of their funds and their acquisition prices. They can't push for a sale under their agreements with the Co, but I'd expect JRP to be taken over in due course.|
|This is getting a hiding! This drop surely can't be justified!|
|but with most recent broker TP at £2.20, surely nearing a £1 discount looks overdone? and I would agree why would p/e boys take a near 50% discount to what brokers are calling intrinsic value? All looks a little overdone IMO, but then I am holding from an average of about 10% higher than this...GLA|
|Last Thursday the latest version of the Continuous Mortality Investigation was launched. Broadly life expectancies produced by CMI 2016 are lower than those produced by previous versions of the model, with the reductions being
particularly significant in relative terms at ages 85 onwards. If the projections are correct, this would result in significant reserve releases for most annuity writers. This would be less for those who like JRP reinsure a part of the book (c39% of reserves).|
|the business is pretty sound but institutional investors will be focused on the huge overhang created by the two private equity owners.
If it gets back to the 120 level I will take a stake as I don't think that they would be willing to sell at a discount to that price.|
|Yes I've been buying too - right down to 1.33. Didn't think it would drop below that. Looking for some upside now.|
|that was the book building and placing this week, this is just the notification catching up IMO....90 day lock up now....let's hope JRP continue to deliver so in the worst case Permira / Cinven want to off load more, that there is sufficient city demand.....looks GV IMO and DYOR at these levels and have tucked more away in to my ISA|
|Permira weighing this down, selling down to 23% now.|