Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
John Menzies LSE:MNZS London Ordinary Share GB0005790059 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -10.00p -1.56% 633.00p 632.00p 633.00p 642.00p 632.00p 642.00p 22,730 16:29:55
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Support Services 2,460.5 26.7 15.1 41.9 530.81

John Menzies Share Discussion Threads

Showing 826 to 848 of 850 messages
Chat Pages: 34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
17/5/2018
16:31
I've sold some there at 668p ahead of the AGM, taking some profit in case of any bad news. I was surprised that the shareprice didn't make further progress during the buyback.
1gw
22/3/2018
14:21
I absolutely agree. I think the problem is buyers are waiting for the disposal and sellers can’t wait. Director buying yesterday gives added comfort.
buffettjnr
22/3/2018
13:17
I've just bought another chunk at 630p. I am surprised by the weakness given the ongoing share buyback, not to mention a good director buy announced today. I think the distribution business has a good chance of getting an exciting bid if marketed well given its position in the UK market and some of the recent initiatives to provide routes for growth to offset decline in the core. And the aviation business looks really well set. So what am I missing? Is it concerns over trade wars and the impact of brexit on airlines?
1gw
13/3/2018
08:33
I’m getting back in.
buffettjnr
13/3/2018
07:56
Do you not still own it? Looks to me like a top line and bottom line beat against the digital look (underlying) numbers, albeit difficult to know how big an exceptionals line the analysts were expecting. The other thing that jumps out is the change in scale of the aviation business post-ASIG, now over 50% of the revenues and a big majority of the underlying earnings. So in that context, a sale rather than float of distribution perhaps does make sense. I presume the analysts will push them for more details on timing and current status of the disposal process on the call - and we'll have to wait for details of the answers to come out in the press.
1gw
13/3/2018
07:51
Do wish I owned it
buffettjnr
13/3/2018
07:42
Outstanding results...well done 1gw
buffettjnr
12/3/2018
21:32
I wonder if the distribution business will be disclosed as a discontinued operation...or a business held for sale..either way...will it be deconsolidated...
buffettjnr
12/3/2018
21:11
So far, so good! Just need some follow through with the results and news tomorrow.
1gw
02/3/2018
15:30
And bought some more today, so hoping for a run up in anticipation of the results/demerger news.
1gw
01/3/2018
11:16
And that's me buying back in again, now that gravity looks at last to have had some impact following the collapse of the DX deal. Rather fearful of another year of big exceptionals in the results, but hopeful of hearing good news on the demerger from the Rothschild strategic review.
1gw
15/9/2017
08:29
Having bounced a lot on the first day, DX trending down steadily since then, not helped by this morning's profit warning over something the auditors found by the look of it. Meanwhile I am surprised to see Menzies' continued strength despite the DX deal falling through. Still on the sidelines for now.
1gw
21/8/2017
08:54
£16m market cap. DX and it's largest shareholder may regret not accepting the John Menzies offer. To me, it is inconceivable to believe DX continues without a significant capital raise. Will DX shareholders support this? I doubt it. Connect or John Menzies should perhaps attempt round 2 of acquisition talks...
buffettjnr
21/8/2017
08:26
Looks like they managed to re-open DX. at 6p, although it has bounced a bit since.
1gw
16/8/2017
08:57
So Numis resumed their coverage yesterday with a BUY and a target price of 860p, having previously been reported as having a 650p target price back in March. I guess for now at least the impressive (adjusted) earnings trump the apparent loss of the DX. deal and the likely delay in achieving the split. Can't quite bring myself to buy back in just yet though. It looks like it is going to be another year with a big gap between statutory and adjusted earnings and there remains some execution risk around the integration I would have thought. Perhaps wait to see what happens when trading volume picks up (presumably) after the holiday season. hTtps://www.nandp.co.uk/sharedealing/company/?companyCode=MNZS
1gw
14/8/2017
11:50
Or it could just be that Mnzs are following a strategy similar to the one you suggested in post 287 - and that there is sufficient buying interest to support the price from shareholders believing that they will end up picking up DX assets cheaper than originally expected?
1gw
14/8/2017
08:05
And that's me out completely again on that news.
1gw
07/8/2017
13:07
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure... Don't like the continued radio silence on the DX deal so have sold some ahead of next week's results when presumably we will get some sort of update on why it's taking so long.
1gw
24/7/2017
10:23
CNCT should be buying stock back. It's very clear to me. Not that clear to the company.
buffettjnr
24/7/2017
10:07
A 1-year or year-to-date chart of Mnzs vs Cnct makes for interesting reading. I can imagine the Connect board thinking "something must be done".
1gw
20/7/2017
18:23
"The boards of DX and John Menzies continue to anticipate the Transaction will be completed during the summer of 2017." (5th June announcement) Better get a move on and get those shareholder general meetings fixed then. Feels like the timetable is slipping. You think DX are trying to get a counter-bid from Connect?
1gw
16/7/2017
14:10
Also...don't discount Connect being in the mix...
buffettjnr
16/7/2017
14:00
I imagine when the deal was conceived it appeared perfect to Menzies - if not too good to be true! Menzies were looking at options to split the aviation business from the distribution business and I think the idea of reversing the distribution business into DX would have appeared to give them the opportunity to avoid the costs of a float as well as providing increased scale, considerable synergies and the chance of realising further upside by turning round the operational performance of the DX business. Fast forward through public objections from an activist and non-supportive DX shareholder, renegotiation of the deal, police investigation and (perhaps) ongoing doubt in some DX shareholders' and management's minds about whether it is really the right thing for DX (or indeed who is actually buying who!) and some of the shine has perhaps worn off. I think they need to put this to bed as quickly as possible now and get the shareholder meetings and votes organised. If they can't get sufficient DX shareholder support then walk away and pursue a "simple" float deal for one of the Menzies businesses. If the DX business can't be turned round by DX then there will presumably be an opportunity to make an offer for it in due course.
1gw
Chat Pages: 34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:43 V: D:20180525 01:37:43