Hurricane Energy Takeover Rumours (HUR)

Hurricane Energy Chart

Hurricane Energy Takeover Price

Hurricane Energy Takeover Forum Posts

10-11-2018
I partly agree with what you say but I've never heard of a multi-national paying many multiples of the current share price for a takeover. Share price £1 Takeout price £2-3 Feasible Share price 50p Take out price £2-3 Unlikely We do have some hefty unproven reserves but I still think the above will apply. Does anyone have an example of where a company has multi-bagged after takeover? The most recent company I had shares in that was taken over was Ithaca and we barely received anything over and above the share price at the time.
21-10-2018
Not sure conventional P/E analysis is appropriate for HUR. When a business has settled into steady state, year on year operations maybe, but not when the company is poised, in Lancaster, to breakthrough into an EPS that could herald a fundamental re-appraisal of its prospects; to say nothing of the probability of takeover.
13-10-2018
Yes I am in the same position, have allowed for a very large margin down to 35p.Would be extremely surprised if that happened. As of main market listing I hope they will pick up the pace and do it sooner rather than later. It would strongly support the share price and support a high takeover offer as a range of institutions would want an exception return on a prized and safe region asset. Korvet.
04-10-2018
GaryI don't understand your obsession about, trader RB of CA. You are here till takeover or have to sell because your swing pool has sprung a leak. You can it doesn't matter where the shareprice is you won't sell, but so why are so bothered about a fund taking profits on their holding?I should imagine if RB wasn't selling and the shares were higher, others would sell thereby putting pressure on the shares.That's what happens in the Stock market. People buy and sell. Only you buy and never sell.
13-09-2018
Just wondering what everyone’s thinking around the takeover price.I’m going for 200p to 500p in the next 2 years.What’s your thoughts?
hiddendepths 13 Sep '18 - 09:35 - 32430 of 32449 The sooner HUR gets a main market listing the better. It's not entirely clear to me that they fully meet the criteria yet though. Maybe they could make a reverse takeover of a fully listed shell? Didn't the good Dr Trice say that they are hoping to switch to maim market after 6 months of pumping oil from Lancaster?
The sooner HUR gets a main market listing the better. It's not entirely clear to me that they fully meet the criteria yet though. Maybe they could make a reverse takeover of a fully listed shell?
13-07-2018
HD , so how if at all could HUR alleviate this , yes Kerogen , Trice , CA have i beleive 40 % if memory serves me and I’m sure many here if it helps wouldn’t be swayed by any other than final takeover , meaning not getting my shares unless a complete offer it t/o is mooted
05-07-2018
HTTP://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5918723/MARKET-REPORT-Hurricane-Energy-thrust-limelight-BP-takeover-target.html
Amazing what a bit of media can do. We all knew that takeover was on the cards (next year), now it is hyped without the timescale so the crowds will pile in. If they care to hold for 11 months they will be well rewarded, IMHO.
Telbap - I think the fact that we've had takeover talks with Statoil is as good/better than a RNS on rig movement for example. bh
I see RB from CA has tweeted the Daily Mail takeover story. Interesting that Statoil have been in talks with us..... BH
Takeover talk and being thrust into the limelight is liable to see us fly through 50p today, It will be interesting to see if it can hold any speculative gains. Fingers - thanks! Really useful as ever.
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5918723/MARKET-REPORT-Hurricane-Energy-thrust-limelight-BP-takeover-target.html
06-06-2018
Just thumbed through the AGM presentation. I saw parts of it when we were drilling but just paging through the slides makes you realise what a gigantic task is being undertaken and how much production will bolster the UK. (That's right Sturgeon, I said the UK.) The expertise brought to the venture is immense. We may not be listed in the FTSE 250 yet but we are nothing like a typical AIM company. There is still a lot that can go wrong but so much to look forward to over the rest of this year and ramping production and possibly takeover in 2019. Very exciting is an understatement. Thank you Dr Trice and the board for a very detailed and comprehensive presentation.
Hi HA, Glad you got to the AGM. Sorry to have missed it.Regarding your thoughts on the full listing I can think of a few reasons for planning for it regardless of timing, there may be others.1. Ensuring their governance etc is set up for a full listing may be relevant to maximising interest, and potential price, in case of a takeover.2. A farm out, retaining a minority interest, may well be a possible outcome, in which case a full listing remains relevant.3. HUR have until now always planned to be able to go it alone in the absence of suitable offers. And it’s proved a very good strategy. I see no reason why they would move away from that.Peter
01-06-2018
Rayrac - you might think that about the best 2C/2P estimate. In my experience there's something like an 80% chance the volumes will be higher: in maybe 20% of those cases they are a multiple of the estimates at this stage. Hurricane and Trice have a track record of being cautious and safe in their figures. I think that we're getting overly pessimistic figures. I have a good deal of confidence that we're in the multiple camp. But I doubt that the probable massive reserves are relevant to holders here. The company will be long gone when the size of them becomes generally known. It's a shame but that's how it goes! If I'm right, it more or less guarantees an early takeover, which is, I suppose, some small consolation.
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:33 V: D:20181117 17:13:26