||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
H.C Slingsby Share Discussion Threads
Showing 26 to 46 of 50 messages
|Just watch them all trying to scrabble out by the end of the day with only two market makers and when the market size is 500 shares! Winterfloods were only offering 1p to sell a couple days ago!|
|Where's falia Has he not bought yet.He may arrive tomorrow to pump|
|Needs to be a stewards here.......|
|Obvious case of insider-dealing here ?
The odd-shaped sellers should be easy to identify from the Companies House register.
But given Cobham's announcement today, I guess this one is scheduled for FCA investigation in 2019 ?|
|de-listing seems inevitable|
|Sanlam client says it all really|
|and the price continues to fall|
|Love Winterfloods spread - bid 1p, offer 35p!|
|Interesting share stake disclosed in this one.|
|Reading between the lines of today's rns things sound VERY bad. The fact that they have to state still cash positive imolies to me that they have burnt though a lot of the £2.4 million advised by Refs as being on the 07 balance sheet.
e&oe. DYOR etc. any other views or comments.|
|Market cap very close to pension deficit - Yet another company working for the benefit of the pensioneers.
At 31 December 2008, the net deficit on the defined benefit pension scheme had increased by £2.819m to £5.687m (2007: £2.868m), due mainly to the combined effect of a reduction in the value of the scheme's assets and an increase in the assumption relating to average life expectancy which increased the liabilities
Also very interesting that 6.495% of the shares have been traded today at 685p. Someone deciding out bail out ? Awaiting a RNS.
0 A9001QKELR 685.0 66495 O 650.0 720.0 10:36:50 66,495|
|Another DB pension scheme closed...|
|Move to AIM announced today along with the final results.
The company seems to be making progress but warns there might be additional costs due to relocation and introduction of a new business system.
Might try and pick a few up if the AIM listing throws out a few sales.
|I had thought that it was probably too big a position to sell easily Valhamos but what I've sold so far has been lapped up. I'm half-way through selling.|
|Out of these now. Forthcoming results are going to have to be pretty amazing to justify current price. They may well be, but I prefer to deal with historic "value" numbers rather hopeful guesswork with these sort of companies where there isn't a lot of newsflow.
JakNife, from your comment in August presumably you're out completely as well?|
Price has increased by £3 (approx 50%) since results. I never did get chance to buy anymore (I was expecting a pull back after the initial excitement but it just kept on going up). I agree it's looking a bit pricey at the moment; a lot of expected growth this year is in the price, but the question is how much? Based on 48p for H2 2003, they should do 100p eps for 2004, but I can't make a case for anymore than that at the moment. Its initial attraction was as a value stock; as more of a 'growth' stock I'd want more information to go on than you ususlly get with this sort of company.
Having said all that I'm still holding for the moment. Generally I am keenly looking forward to how the market reacts to the approaching reporting season. If it starts off badly I may rethink; Slingsby report the end of September|
Slingsby's beginning to start to look expensive of late, the PT/BV has dropped, and the yield is looking tight as well. I've sold some of late but am thinking about selling the rest. How do you feel about them?
|The 'major shareholdings' are mainly the family plus there's a couple of value investors in there as well.|
|What are the 'major shareholdings' in this one?|
joey de noze
|Agincourt - You're as loquacious as Freddy in post2 ! :)
JakNife - I know what you mean and it is also unusual in a family run business but there seems to be some reality behind it. For instance their web site is well designed and hasn't cost the earth to implement.|