Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Devro Plc LSE:DVO London Ordinary Share GB0002670437 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +2.40p +1.42% 171.40p 171.00p 173.60p 175.80p 167.80p 175.80p 119,867 16:35:16
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Food Producers 253.4 17.5 7.5 22.9 286

Devro Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2576 to 2600 of 2875 messages
Chat Pages: 115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  105  104  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/11/2013
19:35
Double bottom - are we about to break north
davr0s
08/11/2013
08:40
I think we look well poised to move higher here - strong update next Thursday should see us testing highs.
ivancampo
29/10/2013
17:29
I make my own decisions but I am always interested in what others have to say. I review my shares daily but try not to churn. After downloading end of day figs I run Metastock and pick out anything that looks promising. At present I am fully invested and couldn't buy anything without selling an existing share anyway. I did ok with BP. today and have to see if SL. will hit another jackpot for me tomorrow! Once again DVO has good volumes and a nice chart profile.
bestprice
29/10/2013
09:19
Please don't make any investment decision on my advice! I am merely expressing my own thoughts out loud. I have a rule that says that every 4 months I critically review each of my holdings and ask myself just one question.....If I did not already own this stock, would I take a stake now? I appreciate that it is hard to be completely impartial but it really does help focus the mind in terms of whether I should hold onto something or let it go. I am not quite at my 4 month hold here so I will let it run through the next update and then make a decision as to whether I hold on or cut and run. As always DYOR!
salpara111
28/10/2013
17:06
Well something is up because once again the volume is higher than normal. Will await the update like you suggest. Sometimes you can't win, sell and it gallops way up without you, buy and there is an immediate drop!
bestprice
28/10/2013
16:56
If you have held this long you may as well wait for the update as it is only a few weeks away. They have spent a fair bit on capex over the last few years and now really is the time that we should see that starting to drop through to the bottom line. I have not held for that long and am currently just above b/e so I am willing to be a bit more forgiving, having said that I am aware that you should not fall in love with any stock, I did that and ended up with 30% of my portfolio tied up for a year waiting for what I felt was a fair value share price to show itself and in the end I exited for a tiny profit rather than the 20-30% I had been holding for. Either the trading update will provide a catalyst to get the share price moving again or it wont.
salpara111
28/10/2013
09:31
After we posted Salpara the volumes picked up for that day and rest of week. I think there is an element of game play here. I am holding for present. Although if I find a share with better possibilities I will take my loss and sell.
bestprice
23/10/2013
14:06
Well, there is no "new news" and trade volumes are pretty low so I am holding for the moment. I do set stop loss limits but in certain situations I am happy to hold a stock if I feel that there is no real underlying reason for a share price drop. Clearly there is a lot hanging on the next update....a poor one and it is back to 250, a good one and it is heading back towards 400 again. Clearly I am taking the view that the update will be positive! I got in at 303 and set a 10% downside limit so am comfortable to hold through any short term price manipulation.
salpara111
23/10/2013
13:53
Big volume spike on the 15th which might have been sells as Downsize pointed out, however someone took the other side and bought! since then volume has been quite low. My ignorant opinion, its a fake out. My stop was 310 so I am not trading smartly at all. I will bite the bullet and sell at 290. One day I will be removed to the rest home gibbering first loss is best loss
bestprice
23/10/2013
13:42
Looks like I was wrong (again) about it reaching £3, not stopped me adding again though. I still maintain a new high will be achieved in coming few months.
ivancampo
22/10/2013
19:19
Yes bit of a waste of time this share - hasn't noticed the ongoing bull market this year
davr0s
22/10/2013
16:57
Exactly same for me Sal b/e!
stevieweebie2
22/10/2013
16:55
Back to b/e for me again! With the exception of a couple of spikes the share price has gone nowhere for 18 months now. Clearly needs some good news to get moving again.
salpara111
21/10/2013
17:31
..and don't forget the new Czech factory which was planned to be on stream in August just gone, so will no doubt get mention in next update.
dr_smith
21/10/2013
16:39
Rather boring holding this! going nowhere but hopefully the next update will spur it into action.
salpara111
15/10/2013
12:00
This volume is good news - big seller found buyer at 309 . Watch this move higher now.
ivancampo
15/10/2013
09:32
£3000 or negotiated order, Halifax you're 'avin a laugh!
downsize
15/10/2013
09:17
Can't make my mind up but those big sells don't bode well though, is someone in the know? New production lines should be good for output volumes and cost reduction...........
downsize
14/10/2013
13:51
Beginning to look like a turning point, I did not bail so hoping for a positive announcement and a return to recent highs.
salpara111
14/10/2013
12:49
Those awaiting £3.00 entry will be disappointed IMO, this has now turned.
ivancampo
09/10/2013
15:10
Dividend reinvestment trades today, well mine went through anyway, will bounce pretty soon.
ivancampo
09/10/2013
10:51
I'm looking to pick some up soon for having had Devro on my watchlist for sometime now. Looks like a great buy and hold to me. Not sure if I'm being greedy looking for the £3 entry point though. Time will tell. GLA
jimmy mcnulty
09/10/2013
10:47
Bought more this morning, no reason to think that this months update won't be positive, if so, looking for 350 short term.
ivancampo
09/10/2013
09:50
It depends on the price action, if it is getting marked down consistently day after day then it is probably better to take money off the table and look for a lower re-entry point. The next update cannot come soon enough and it better be positive or it will run back to the 250 line. I guess the less that positive update from Cranswick the other day has spooked this one as well. I would rather take a small loss than get stuck holding a stock well under water but psychologically unable to sell "until I get my money back"
salpara111
08/10/2013
20:43
And yet anything around the three quid mark would be a great entry point, rather than the time to cash in your (sausage and) chips. Good luck whatever you decide.
greatwhitefunkmaster
Chat Pages: 115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  105  104  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
DVO
Devro
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20191014 16:29:43