Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Ceps Plc LSE:CEPS London Ordinary Share GB00B86TNX04 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.0% 31.50 28.00 35.00 31.50 31.50 31.50 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Support Services 21.6 -0.3 -9.1 - 5

CEPS PLC CEM Group Update

04/12/2019 9:21am

UK Regulatory (RNS & others)


Ceps (LSE:CEPS)
Historical Stock Chart

2 Months : From Nov 2019 to Jan 2020

Click Here for more Ceps Charts.

TIDMCEPS

RNS Number : 6380V

CEPS PLC

04 December 2019

4 December 2019

CEPS PLC

("CEPS" or the "Company")

Update on CEPS' investment in the CEM group of companies

The Board of CEPS announces that, for the reasons explained below, it expects to exit its investment in the CEM group of companies ("the CEM Group") which comprises two operating subsidiaries, CEM Press Limited ("CEM") and Travelfast Limited (trading as Sampling International) ("Sampling"). CEM is 97.86% owned by CemTeal with the remaining 2.14% being owned by a private shareholder and Sampling is 100% owned by CemTeal.

CEPS owns 80% of CemTeal, the remaining 20% being owned by management and external shareholders.

Sampling was acquired on 27 March 2019 for an aggregate consideration of GBP1,200,009 payable in cash over three years based on performance. However, due to the deferred and performance related nature of the consideration, only GBP9 has been paid to date. As explained in the announcement of its acquisition, the decision to acquire Sampling was to introduce a complementary business within the CEM Group with a view to creating one of the largest individual pattern book and shade card makers in the UK with two production facilities. Under a new management structure, it was hoped that the CEM Group would continue to expand and grow offering a breadth of services to customers.

Despite management's efforts and cash injections from CEPS since March 2019 as stated below, it has not been possible to achieve the envisaged savings and efficiencies from consolidating CEM's and Sampling's operations and streamlining processes.

As at 31 December 2018, prior to the acquisition of Sampling, the consolidated net liabilities of CemTeal were GBP2,960,000. CemTeal's turnover in the year was GBP2,824,000 and the consolidated operating loss was GBP495,000. Hence, if CemTeal had been excluded from the 2018 results, CEPS consolidated revenue from continuing operations would have reduced from GBP18,474,000 to GBP15,606,000, but operating profit from continuing operations would have increased from GBP391,000 to GBP886,000. In addition, in the year ended 31 December 2018, the CEPS Board decided to write-off completely the value of the intangibles in CemTeal. Consequently, there was a customer list impairment exceptional item of GBP588,000 which also impacted negatively on CEPS' overall profitability. In the year to date, the loss before tax of CemTeal and its subsidiaries, excluding Sampling, was GBP954,000 based on management accounts to 31 October 2019.

From the date of acquisition to 31 October 2019, unaudited management accounts show that Sampling made a loss before tax of GBP236,000 and net liabilities were GBP636,000 as at this date.

The Company was owed, after impairment, GBP2,100,000 at 31 October 2019 by the CEM Group. This largely comprises the cash injected into the CEM Group since the acquisition of Sampling of GBP1,805,000.

Moorfields Advisory Limited ("Moorfields") has been engaged by the CEM Group to provide advice and outline the options available given its current financial position. Moorfields has recommended an accelerated marketing process for the businesses with a view to effecting their sale as going concerns if possible and has been engaged to oversee this process.

Interested parties requiring further information on the sale process itself should contact Moorfields as follows:

Moorfields Advisory Limited

88 Wood Street

London

EC2V 7QF

Principal Contact: Tom Straw

   Direct Dial:              +44 (0)207 186 1148 
   Switchboard:           +44 (0)207 186 1144 
   Fax:                         +44 (0)207 186 1177 
   Email:                      tstraw@moorfieldscr.com 

Since the sale process will necessarily be conducted over an accelerated timescale, interested parties are encouraged to pursue this opportunity as a matter of urgency.

Once the outcome of the sale process for the CEM Group is clear a further announcement will be made.

CEPS' trading to date in 2019, excluding the CEM Group, is ahead of the Board's expectations in all but one subsidiary.

The announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014.

Enquiries

 
 CEPS PLC 
  David Horner, Chairman                       +44 1225 483030 
 Cairn Financial Advisers LLP 
  Tony Rawlinson / James Caithie/Ludovico 
  Lazzaretti                                   +44 20 7213 0880 
 

This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact rns@lseg.com or visit www.rns.com.

END

UPDKZLBBKLFFFBV

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

December 04, 2019 04:21 ET (09:21 GMT)

1 Year Ceps Chart

1 Year Ceps Chart

1 Month Ceps Chart

1 Month Ceps Chart
Your Recent History
LSE
CEPS
Ceps
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V:gb D:20200118 14:36:43