Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Cairn Energy LSE:CNE London Ordinary Share GB00B74CDH82 ORD 231/169P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -2.50p -1.49% 165.70p 166.30p 166.60p 168.00p 164.70p 167.90p 746,966 16:35:23
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Oil & Gas Producers 321.7 -992.7 -153.4 - 976.83

Cairn Energy Share Discussion Threads

Showing 14976 to 14999 of 15075 messages
Chat Pages: 603  602  601  600  599  598  597  596  595  594  593  592  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
03/3/2019
20:52
Great, hsfinch, but we don't want people scared off buying, whoever they may be !
dogwalker
03/3/2019
18:07
Friday's move was very interesting. I heard some time ago that arbitration result will be announced at the end of this month. I'd expect strong speculative buying ahead of that. I'd expect insider trading to be part of that buying. But it can't be too obvious can it? I'll be looking at volumes and trading patterns very closely this week.
hsfinch
01/3/2019
16:29
TO SPITSBERGEN current position is 61.8035 N / 4.11217 E on Mar 1, 2019 16:25 UTC. Vessel TO SPITSBERGEN (IMO: 8768517, MMSI: 538004905) is a Drilling Ship built in 2009 and currently sailing under the flag of Marshall Islands. Current destination of TO SPITSBERGEN is PRESTO and the estimated time of arrival (ETA) is Feb 28, 19:00 Looks like it's at Presto now.
rogerlin
01/3/2019
11:34
Ah thanks very much for clarification value!
dunderheed
01/3/2019
10:41
Yup, I think it was one of the valued posters on here who stated by end of March (Finch I think) but not sure how they got to that conclusion...the articles I've read on the net were suggesting decision in Dec/Jan but no new articles around this since. Company said news due in the 'near term' in their last update so for sure this is gonna happen soon. I like this board - good posters and nice and quite and seems like the masses haven't clocked onto the potential oppo here.
valuehunter1
01/3/2019
09:59
Agree value absolutely. I think we could hear any day now but was under the impression from somewhere (maybe even on here?) that they had until the end of March for this decision now? All imho and excuse an old man's memory!!
dunderheed
01/3/2019
09:53
So 1st March and still no news on the tax case...that's a full 6 months in. Surely news due soon now? Been waiting here since early Dec and expecting March to be a transformational month for one of the most solid mid tier British oil company.
valuehunter1
26/2/2019
13:01
Can't argue with that.
hoper2
26/2/2019
11:25
The main difference between CNE, ENQ and PMO are that in low oil prices the latter two are totally f'ed!! In higher prices IF they get the debt down they are good 'bets'. You takes your bets ladies and gentlemen! All imho and dyor.
dunderheed
25/2/2019
10:28
The main difference between CNE, PMO or ENQ is debt level. If the POO drops to around $50 or less PMO and ENQ - with their billions of debt and banking convenants - are struggling badly. CNE have little or no debt and a steady income from Catcher and Kracken for a fair few years - increasing when Nova comes on line. SNE will be costly to get up and running, but if CNE sell half their stake - as seems likely - that and free cashflow will go a long way to covering those costs. First oil is forecast for 2022 so I don't see any "hole" to be filled. Despite having less production than the other two CNE are in a far stronger position and that's without any hoped for bonus from the Indian lawsuit.
hoper2
25/2/2019
09:23
Here's a thought on CNE, why they're different from PMO and ENQ and what it might mean. CNE is producing 25mbpd. But that's gonna fall over the next 2 or 3 years and that's a not what markets want to see. Nova will help. SNE is 4 years away. So there's a hole to be filled. And that means acquisition. How to fund it? Not India coz that's just too risky and likely to be earmarked for a special divi. My bet is a combination of borrowing supported by cash flow from the acquisition and proceeds from an SNE farm down or sale. What's really really important is the quality of any deal they do. My slight concern is that a cautious company like CNE might do an ok deal but not a stellar one. And it won't move the needle much. And it's tricky...they need to have something in reserve to fund appraisal after exploration success in U.K. and or Mexico. If they get it wrong it will mean a rights issue. In fact they might need a rights issue to fund a deal. PMO is different...they seem to be constantly on the look out for deals. Some are good. And some not. ENQ pulled off a good deal with Magnus but it didn't move the needle much. CNE is more experienced in exploration deals. Not sure their production deals are quite so good. Different skill set? Something to think about? Or a load of tosh? Appreciate thoughts.
hsfinch
25/2/2019
08:18
https://far.live.irmau.com/irm/PDF/2423_0/SNEDevelopmentawardscontractofFPSOforSNEField
rogerlin
21/2/2019
13:23
Price is consolidating v nicely around the 206-209 level, hopefully getting ready for the next leg up when the news finally comes. I really hope there are no leaks ahead of the announcement and will be interesting how they manage to prevent this.
valuehunter1
21/2/2019
09:27
We've been waiting years for this. What's another couple of months?
dunderheed
21/2/2019
09:14
Full year results are due 12th March according the the Financial Calendar on Cairn's website. I'd hoped we'd have a decision by the end of 2018. The delay is frustrating, particularly because there's nothing we can do about it, but we should at least get an update with the results.
alan@bj
21/2/2019
08:56
In the meantime oil price holding quite well - which is very positive for Cairn I think?
dunderheed
21/2/2019
08:55
I 'thought' someone had posted on here by the end of March 2019? I'm thinking it could come anytime - including at least a couple of weeks after that deadline - all things being 'equal'!! When are they due to formally report because we will get an update on this potentially material transaction then? All imho and dyor of course.
dunderheed
21/2/2019
08:40
I don't think any particular date is being determined. The arbitration panel said they would give a decision as a matter of urgency and the way it's looking that means anytime before 2025.
alan@bj
21/2/2019
08:09
Anyone know the latest date that the arbitration result will be announced? Is it the end of March?
danj1975
20/2/2019
18:15
Yup and I'm waiting patiently to collect and bank a solid profit. Good luck to all.
valuehunter1
18/2/2019
08:15
Well 6706/6-2 S was drilled by the Transocean Spitsbergen drilling facility, which will now drill wildcat well 36/1-3 in production licence 885 in the northern part of the North Sea, where Equinor is the operator. PL885 is Presto (Stjerneskudd) CNE 30%.
rogerlin
15/2/2019
17:45
Profit taking. But that arbitration result is coming soon and could take cne to 300p.
hsfinch
14/2/2019
11:06
Share price reaction today a bit disappointing? Perhaps a bit of short term consolidation in place?
dunderheed
14/2/2019
09:39
Yes apologies thank roger - much appreciated!
dunderheed
Chat Pages: 603  602  601  600  599  598  597  596  595  594  593  592  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
CNE
Cairn Ener..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20190419 08:25:23