Find Your Broker
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
British Petroleum LSE:BP. London Ordinary Share GB0007980591 $0.25
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.70p +0.14% 509.20p 509.10p 509.20p 511.20p 504.20p 510.00p 9,082,044 12:04:35
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Oil & Gas Producers 181,084.0 5,315.9 12.7 38.7 101,626.14

Eni Agrees to Share Exploration, Production Rights for Oman Field

14/01/2019 9:22am

Dow Jones News


BP (LSE:BP.)
Historical Stock Chart

1 Month : From Dec 2018 to Jan 2019

Click Here for more BP Charts.
   By Cristina Roca 
 

ENI SpA (ENI.MI) said Monday that it has agreed to share exploration and production rights for a field in Oman with Oman Oil Company Exploration and Production (OOCEP) and the government of Oman.

The Italian energy company said that under the agreement, it will be the operator of the block with a 90% participating interest, while OOCEP, which is owned by the Omani state, holds the remaining 10%.

The agreement concerns Block 47, which covers an area of about 8,524 square kilometers and is located onshore in the A'Dakhiliyah Governorate, Eni said.

Exploration is expected to start this year.

Eni said it has also signed a head of agreement with BP PLC (BP.LN) and Oman's ministry of oil and gas. The agreement sets up the principles to acquire exploration and production rights to block 77 in onshore Oman, whereby Eni and BP would each hold 50%, with Eni acting as operator during the exploration phase, Eni said.

Eni expects the agreement for the block 77 to follow shortly, it said in a press release.

 

Write to Cristina Roca at cristina.roca@dowjones.com; @_cristinaroca

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 14, 2019 04:07 ET (09:07 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2019 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

1 Year BP Chart

1 Year BP Chart

1 Month BP Chart

1 Month BP Chart
Your Recent History
LSE
BP.
BP
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V:gb D:20190124 12:19:36