||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Bbi Holdings Share Discussion Threads
Showing 151 to 173 of 175 messages
|The announcement of the Scheme being completed went out on RNS Reach rather than standard RNS, so it hasn't been picked up by ADVFN, and it doesn't show on a standard EPIC search on investegate. Here it is:
|There is a natural arbitrage between the acquirer's stock price and the share offer price - the see through price by accepting the share offer is about 220p. So fancy dan hedge fund managers can buy BBI and short IMI and automatically lock in a gain.|
|there must be other interested parties..??|
|Can any one explain what is going on with this share, if the cash offer price is 185, why on earth has the share jumped to over 210? is there something i am not aware of, how will this affect the proposed takeover?
does anybody on here, understand the trading that went on today ..?
i'm obviously not understanding something!.....mm|
|very low... all the institutions are dumping smaller companies so they will sell their stock.. deal will almost certainly go through..
|Best get your W8-BEN forms ready if you want the share deal
IMA have a market cap of $3bn so I suggest BBI won't rate as much within that the Directors won't be ther for long. It made a loss of $50m on revenues of $150m in Q2 so I guess it needs an acquisition strategy to prop its share pirce up, and it has one. THe offer comes when the shares are up three times from two years ago, so be carefu IMHO. IMA is flying but on jam tomorrow.|
|I have attended a couple of presentations given by the directors, the last one being in may this year. Judging by their comments then, I am extremely surprised that they would now sell at anything below £3. The first explanation, that BBI isn't doing well and is selling from weakness, doesn't seem likely. Another explanation could be that the directors see even more promise in holding IMI shares. We shall have to wait for the documentation.|
|in any event... this will no doubt go through so I sold yesterday at 188p...
live to fight another day... I wonder who got the stock sold yesterday...
|It is not much of a premium but it is on a high rating and i think any slippage would have resulted in a share price significantly below 160p and that slippage could be inflicted by IMI|
|alftupper.. ur the stock was about 160p before the 185p cash offer... it really isn't much of a premium for a growth company... especially as the stock has been above 180p before...
I bet that in under a year the stock wouldu have gone above the 185p cash offer based on fundamental performance... the trouble here is that management have a conflict of interest and so have accepted the offer..
|The comment about selling cheap is only justified if you do not factor in the downside risk of the company rejecting the acquirer's advances - factor that and I suspect you may have a different perspective|
|Acquiring company worth abou $3.4bn so I very much doubt this won't go ahead.... if the stock price of Inverness goes up then presumably so will BBI as it becomes preferable to hold on to their stock.... also if they are allowed makes sense for Inverness to buy in the market at any price below 195pence as that is lower than they are paying for BBI in their stock... I don't know if they are permitted by takeover rules though..... and does depend on Inverness' stock not falling much... the below link allows one to check their stock:
12.8million shares traded so far today is about 30% of the company..... of course we should divide by two if the sellers equate to the buyers which would mean that today 15% of the company has changed hands... I'm guessing this is the bidder increasing their stake... or could be arbs taking a position but I think this is unlikley in a small stock.... question is how existing shareholders feel... I think this is a low ball offer but that doesn't mean that in these markets it won't go through without any increase in price..
|One thing I would say is that appears the acquirer is very serious about getting the company as the cash or stock offer means shareholders in BBI have lots of choice and so will be happy either way....
I just think they really aren't paying much of a premium considering this company had a stock price of 180p not so long ago..
|not much of a preimium to the current stock price really.... bit disappointing as the stock woudl probably be exceedign the bid price and running away from it in about a year.... wonder how BBI's shareholders feel about it... trouble is the guy's bidding have such a big stake I doubt anyone else will come in..
|Well done here - nearly bought in a wee while ago. Regretting that I didn't obviously but the offer was unforeseen. Again well done. :O)|
|Views as to wheter to take cash or shares?
I know nothing of Inverness Medical Innovations.|
|I think they've sold it cheap|
|Nice bit of background on the directors and a review of prospects in the Sunday Telegraph today....
|what were the other ones listed in shares mag???? Slap|
|This company is one of 6 featured in Shares Mag this week.
under the heading 'Cheap and cheerful AM buys'.
The theme of the 6 is, Low PEG and growing fast.
The idea is, make up a folio of 6-10 of these shares buy them all and come back in 12 months. Well I made that bit up , but it does make sence.
See if these stocks are affected by general markets weakness ist. so far this share only August did so, not this last week or two.|
|appears to be little interest in this stock....
reasonably highly rated but has produced the goods so far...
Thanks for your trouble.
What a really excellent piece of work. All holders/prospective holders shd read it|