Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Baron Oil Plc LSE:BOIL London Ordinary Share GB00B01QGH57 ORD 0.025P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.0025 4.17% 0.0625 0.06 0.065 0.0625 0.0575 0.0625 528,083,837 12:05:13
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Oil & Gas Producers 0.0 -1.7 -0.1 - 7

Baron Oil PLC Extension Request for the Chuditch PSC Approved

26/02/2021 12:00pm

UK Regulatory (RNS & others)

Baron Oil (LSE:BOIL)
Historical Stock Chart

From Feb 2021 to Apr 2021

Click Here for more Baron Oil Charts.


RNS Number : 5279Q

Baron Oil PLC

26 February 2021


26 February 2021

Baron Oil Plc

("Baron" or the "Company")

Extension Request for the Chuditch PSC Approved

Baron Oil Plc (AIM:BOIL), the AIM-quoted oil and gas exploration company, is delighted to announce that SundaGas Banda Unipessoal Lda. ("SundaGas"), in which Baron is an indirect 33.33% shareholder and which operates the TL-SO-19-16 PSC (the "Chuditch PSC") in Timor-Leste, has been granted a 12-month extension to Contract Year 1 of the Chuditch PSC. Accordingly, the new expiry date of Year 1 of the 3 year initial licence phase ("Initial Period") is now 8 November 2021.

This extension to the PSC timeline comes alongside significant progress being made towards resolving issues around data access which is expected to allow SundaGas to be able to complete the commitment work programme in a timely manner.

Andy Yeo, Chief Executive of Baron Oil, Commented:

"We are delighted that SundaGas has been able to get the Chuditch project back on track, with Baron's support and in collaboration with ANPM. We look forward to updating shareholders as we move forward with this exciting and material investment."

For further information, please contact:

Baron Oil Plc                                             +44 (0) 20 7117 2849 
Andy Yeo, Chief Executive 
Allenby Capital Limited                                   +44 (0) 20 3328 5656 
Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker 
Alex Brearley, Nick Harriss, Nick Athanas (Corporate 
 Kelly Gardiner (Sales and Corporate Broking) 
Turner Pope Investments (TPI) Limited                       +44 (0) 20 3657 0050 
Joint Broker 
Andy Thacker, Zoe Alexander 

About the Chuditch PSC

Baron has a 33.33% interest in the shares of SundaGas (Timor-Leste Sahul) Pte. Ltd. ("SundaGas TLS"), the parent company of the Timor-Leste subsidiary holding the Chuditch PSC interest, with the remaining 66.67% being held by a subsidiary of SundaGas Pte. Ltd., a private E&P company based in Singapore. The sole asset of SundaGas TLS is its 100% shareholding in SundaGas Banda Unipessoal Lda., which in turn operates and holds a 75% interest in the Chuditch PSC, with the remaining 25% carried interest being held by a subsidiary of the Timor-Leste state oil company (Timor Gap, E.P.). Baron therefore has an indirect 25% interest in the Chuditch PSC.

The work programme for the current Initial Period of the PSC includes an obligation to reprocess 800 sq. kilometres of 3D and 2,000 kilometres of 2D seismic data in the first two-year period. Thereafter, subject to satisfactory results from the 3D seismic reprocessing, the subsequent commitment is for a well to be drilled in the third and final year of the Initial Period of the Chuditch PSC.

This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact or visit

RNS may use your IP address to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions, to analyse how you engage with the information contained in this communication, and to share such analysis on an anonymised basis with others as part of our commercial services. For further information about how RNS and the London Stock Exchange use the personal data you provide us, please see our Privacy Policy.



(END) Dow Jones Newswires

February 26, 2021 07:00 ET (12:00 GMT)

1 Year Baron Oil Chart

1 Year Baron Oil Chart

1 Month Baron Oil Chart

1 Month Baron Oil Chart
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
Baron Oil
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V:gb D:20210421 11:52:16