Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Assetco Plc LSE:ASTO London Ordinary Share GB00B42VYZ16 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.0% 345.00 320.00 370.00 0.00 0.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Support Services 22.9 1.4 11.6 29.7 4

Assetco Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2101 to 2122 of 2300 messages
Chat Pages: 92  91  90  89  88  87  86  85  84  83  82  81  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
09/9/2011
22:26
Hmmm Looks like the same old story here. People were warned about this months ago, but chose to shout down naysayers. Now look, they are all seething, yet only have themselves to blame. Loads of great solid companies out there, so why bet on lost causes?
stegrego
09/9/2011
16:56
I told you and told you and told you EXACTLY what was going to happen and all you could do was deride me and ignore my cold hard truths. You are an idiot. It is as plain and simple as that. I warned and warned you but you thought you knew better. Next time when you find yourself in a hole like this........STOP DIGGING!! Listen when someone tells you what you dont want to hear and look into it instead of burying your head in the sand. Rampers like treacle thrive on idiots ,dont let it happen again. Dont remain an idiot learn to ignore people who promise you quick easy riches cause there is NO SUCH THING. Ask yourself WHY does the market value this co at X when everyone else is saying it should be Y And remember if it looks to good to be true etc etc
rorrys
09/9/2011
16:21
EC- Thanks and you're probably right that it's not going to matter. Have a nice weekend! (edit: all of you (and I mean all) have a nice weekend!)
greedfear
09/9/2011
16:17
"YES SKINT CAVEMEN".....
grannyboy
09/9/2011
16:15
Yes, I learn from my mistakes and try to make the best out of the current situation. There's nothing to learn from the 'told-you-so' people and people that see no other options than the obvious. If we would all accept what is there would never be any progress and we would all be walking around like cavemen.
greedfear
09/9/2011
16:14
I would vote an impotent 'no' rather than an irrelevant 'yes'. At the end of the day, unfortunately, it's not going to matter.
effortless cool
09/9/2011
16:09
EC- yes, that bribe pot is the tricky part. Obviously you don't hold shares, but do you have any idea what you would vote if? I'll appreciate you vision on this. Cheers!
greedfear
09/9/2011
16:05
160 mill of the 250 mill shares in circulation are held by the instis backing this deal.
rorrys
09/9/2011
16:03
greedfear you are totaly delusional, except you've made a monumental mistake and hopefully learn from it??.. And well done RorryS for trying to warn investors!!!!..
grannyboy
09/9/2011
16:03
It's probably going to be a very interesting meeting. I think we're talking special resolutions here. Then a 75% majority is needed. Mr. Shannon is holding almost 27 million shares. I can imagine him voting 'no'. They're going to have to need 81 million yes-voters then while they currently have 57.4 million in favour. They're going to need some more. (If I vote no [I probably will] they can add a couple of million needed yes-voters to it). In other words: down, but not out (yet). lol
greedfear
09/9/2011
16:02
RorryS, Given the crass error you made earlier (post 2084), you're hardly in a position to call anyone stupid (except yourself, of course).
effortless cool
09/9/2011
16:01
There's a little bribe pot to make sure it gets voted through. 25 per cent. of the Placing Shares will be offered to a limited number of other institutional shareholders on the same terms. To the extent that they are not taken up, the Investors have undertaken to subscribe for these Placing Shares. Existing Shareholders excluding the Investors, will hold 17.6 per cent. of the New Ordinary Shares following the Placing should they take up 25 per cent. of Placing Shares.
effortless cool
09/9/2011
15:58
Be under no illusions ther are NO alternatives. It is accept this or nothing,nada, zilch, get it ?
rorrys
09/9/2011
15:55
The relevant part of the statement that you should be taking note of. "SELL IT ON LESS FAVOURABLE TERMS " How stupid are you ? I mean really ? you have gone way beyond my previous estimation. First , your vote is worthless and will mean absolutely NOTHING!!!!!! along with all the other PI,s votes. OVER!!!!! 160 mill of the 250 mill shares in circulation are held by the instis backing this deal. Secondly , how many times do you have to be told , its history repeating itself again and again with you innit!!! IF!!!!! any company is interested in a takeover it will be at a much "WORSE" price than the current one being offered. THE COMPANY JUST TOLD YOU THAT TODAY !!! THEY SCREAMED IT AT YOU IN FACT. Jeeeeeeeeeeeese
rorrys
09/9/2011
15:48
I'm not clutching at straws I'm considering the alternatives. I'm going to have to as I want to vote and want to make the right decision. If the resolutions are passed I'll have an immediate loss of 90%. If the resolutions are not passed: 1. Chance of losing the other 10% as well (but have the satisfaction that the investors group [who obviously had no consideration with the current shareholders] did not get what they want, are probably f.. too); 2. Chance of getting a better deal from the investors group as they probably don't want to lose it all as well; 3. Chance of a white knight (take over bid) giving me a better deal then the current one [and like I said before maybe that buyer is allready there and keeping a very low profile].
greedfear
09/9/2011
15:31
The relevant part of the statement that you should be taking note of. "SELL IT ON LESS FAVOURABLE TERMS "
rorrys
09/9/2011
15:29
Oh for christs sake try and learn to read it will benefit you in the future. The only possible benefit it could have for you is by going into admin and giving you a tax loss you can set of against gains in other stocks.
rorrys
09/9/2011
15:22
The part I'm having troubles with is that if the resolutions are passed current shareholders will end up having 1-2% of the company. Maybe I'm better off if the company goes into administration/liquidation whatever, current shareholders being entitled to 100% of what's left. Maybe a white knight shows up if the company "collapses". I do not rule out the possiblity that there allready is a buyer for the company. Keeping a very low profile, waiting for the creditors agreement to happen. Maybe it's allready agreed upon between the buyer and the investors group.
greedfear
09/9/2011
15:18
greedfear, im afraid Rorrys is correct, if the resolutions do not pass shareholders will come out even worse off.
bobbydakid
09/9/2011
15:10
Which part of this are you having problems with ? IF THE RESOLUTIONS ARE NOT PASSED OR IF THE SCHEME OF ARRANGEMENT DOES NOT RECEIVE THE APPROVAL OF THE SCHEME CREDITORS AND THE COURT THEN THE COMPANY MAY BE WOUND UP SAVE IN THE EVENT OF AN OFFER BEING RECEIVED. CERTAIN PARTS OF THE GROUP WILL BE UNLIKELY TO BE IN A POSITION TO MEET THEIR LIABILITIES AS THEY FALL DUE, FORCING THE DIRECTORS TO EITHER PLACE ASSETCO PLC INTO ADMINISTRATION, SELL IT ON LESS FAVOURABLE TERMS OR RESULT IN THE COMPANY BEING WOUND UP BY THE COURT. IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES, IT IS NOT EXPECTED THAT THE SHAREHOLDERS WOULD RECEIVE MORE THAN NOMINAL VALUE FOR THEIR CURRENT SHAREHOLDING.
rorrys
09/9/2011
15:06
spiker- Can't rule anything out, but taken into account the way the BOD and the Investors Group f... us I think any takeover will take place after the share reorganization. No good to us as we're entitled to 1,5% (taking the warrants into account) of what will be offered. I'm thinking: better try to vote no and see what happens. Have to think about the options here.
greedfear
09/9/2011
15:05
If this gets implemented then I'll just wait for around £10 on the share price to get my money back.
treacle32
Chat Pages: 92  91  90  89  88  87  86  85  84  83  82  81  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
ASTO
Assetco
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20191122 07:14:55