ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

VDS Vividas

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Vividas LSE:VDS London Ordinary Share GB00B04NK713 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 3.25 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Vividas Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1126 to 1147 of 1150 messages
Chat Pages: 46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  37  36  35  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/1/2009
11:15
just looked at these. What a sad end to a company that had potential. I guess it was all ramp and spin and hope. Revenue never happened and so it was over.
powwow
20/11/2008
18:22
Delta girl

that doesnt explain or exonerate the mazing raping of this share price

chairman2
19/11/2008
17:49
Sorry to see this happen to any company and its shareholders but VDS was doomed from the start - conceived in Australia and listed in the UK by their former chairman who has a track record of taking companies public too early in stock markets in which they have little, if any operations. The MO is then to exit the company and leave the management team pedaling to meet the public investors expectations - TPS is a similar example where the company started in England and was listed in Canada first, then dual listed on the LSE before coming to AIM.

The other problem they faced is that the bigger players didn't take too long to deliver equivalent or better features and their window of opportunity closed pretty quickly. They really didn't have much of a unique offering and this one should never have been IPO'd in my humble opinion, but it wasn't the first and won't be the last to fall into this category. Would have fared better back in the late 90's but not today. The economic downturn has little impact on companies where they have a me too solution and meagre revenues.

deltagirl
16/11/2008
23:48
I've just come across the VDS news. I was rather surprised perhaps because my vague prediction of a long time ago has turned out to have been accurate. FBT isn't really in the streaming market but Stephen may wish to take a look at the technology. You could leave a note on the FBT board. However, FBT doesn't have much money.

The BBC iPlayer can provide very good quality and YouTube has improved significantly recently by apparently hosting the videos in the UK. FBT's streaming quality is now very poor in comparison. Somewhat strangely, the FBT videos started playing after I had downloaded OpenOffice which seems to include a Java component.

Amazing spins

Great legs

littleredrooster
16/11/2008
16:59
Maybe Stephen could integrate the VDS technology into his codec?
the analyst
16/11/2008
16:20
Not been holding since last year, nmf777. Shame to see their demise, though, as they had some great technology.

Thought they had a real future back in late 2006, when they started winning what looked to be big contracts and were increasing revenues quickly. But with no significant contract wins leading to product launch since that period, I guess the writing has been on the cards for a while. I wonder where the technology will end up? I'm sure it still has a use.

Deansaunders, if you read my post you will see that the AGM I was referring to was the Bright Things plc AGM, not VDS.

the analyst
16/11/2008
08:29
clearly I am. I'll get me coat
nmf777
15/11/2008
11:12
Am I the only idiot left holding these?!
nmf777
27/10/2008
12:28
nice find, a bit like the old dot com days again with talk of possible announcements and 5-10-fold increases in share price within a week of good news being announced!

My favorite thing about FBT is Stephen Streater, great interview to watch

Talking of ex Eidos directors, dotcoms etc, I've been investing in Bright Things (BGT). Social media and all that type of thing.

Went to the BGT AGM last week and it's the first one I've been to for a long time where everyone appeared to be genuinely relaxed, happy and optimistic about things. The had some of the techies there at the AGM, which was good to see - they are obviously all really enjoying working on their new venture.

Nice to have at least one speculative 'fun' share in the portfolio...

the analyst
27/10/2008
10:46
Yes, it's very exciting. The competition ended in a few weeks. So what was Stephen trying to say? Put it together with what I brought to your attention elsewhere. Also "In pure tech FORscene, an online editing system, will be massive. They're edging closer to Final Cut Pro territory, and doing some big deals that will propel them over the coming year or two" and "The new servers have the capacity to support editing of the output of up to 100 24/7 TV stations".
littleredrooster
16/10/2008
22:45
what a sad sad story
chairman2
17/9/2008
10:19
powwow - we tried a similar service about eight years ago, but were quite a few years too early. People who were used to free TV and free internet didn't want to pay to watch much poorer pictures on the internet.

The quality issue was mostly solved when broadband arrived, but the cost of serving means you need premium video (for advertisers) or a related premium service (we provide web-based editing) to pay for everything.

We are finding that internet costs are continually falling. Internet video and internet advertising revenues are continuing to grow very rapidly.

It'll be interesting to see where this all ends up. Vividas probably have one of the best streaming solutions in terms of quality. I suspect there will be some element of luck involved, and a few big deals make all the difference to the bottom line.

sbs
09/9/2008
14:38
How did you lot miss this
madjock2
09/9/2008
14:26
yes it is a shame,, I thought these were going places.. what actually happened here for the falls.. lack of funding?
powwow
09/9/2008
14:22
Still following them, but have never held.
sbs
09/9/2008
13:48
nope, sold out last year - lack of deals.

Shame really, because the technology was first class...

the analyst
09/9/2008
13:45
yep I hold them
mores the pity
more as an 'orrible warning to myself.

chairman2
09/9/2008
13:13
anyone in these any longer?
powwow
29/7/2008
12:40
and get us some Aussie investors too??
chairman2
29/7/2008
07:46
good, positive update this morning. will probably go unnoticed in this market but good nevertheless
nmf777
30/6/2008
20:09
Good to see someone picking up 8% of the company down here. Brockwell have approx £500m under management according to ES.
monty panesar
22/5/2008
23:03
Monty

how come even you failed to comment on the ICC trial?

with a name like that

chairman2
Chat Pages: 46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  37  36  35  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock