ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

OXN Oxonica

0.00 (0.00%)
23 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Oxonica LSE:OXN London Ordinary Share GB00B0D09P49 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 3.125 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Oxonica Share Discussion Threads

Showing 351 to 372 of 375 messages
Chat Pages: 15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
07/1/2010
20:41
From their last news

"..As set out in the circular to shareholders, following the delisting from AIM, the Board appliedfor the Company's shares to be traded on Sharemark. Sharemark issued a conditional approval for the shares to be traded on Sharemark subject to certain additional information being provided. While the Board expects to be able to satisfactorily address the requirements of Sharemark in due course, it is considered unlikely that trading will be able to re-commence until the current business restructuring is completed. Our intention is to complete this process
in Q1 2010..."

cootuk
07/1/2010
17:26
is this bust.. havei lost my money or can i trade them elsewhere
latifs100
17/7/2009
10:50
I wonder whether this bounce is to encourage smaller holders to sell out before delisting?
cootuk
17/7/2009
05:48
See article in last week's Mail on Sunday which is of some interest
timbo003
10/7/2009
11:27
cootuk,

Thanks for the reply.
Presumably royalty payments to Neuftec will continue from here?

coincall
09/7/2009
18:10
Neuftec had the original patent for the fuel saver, but I believe Oxonica modified the material to be, in their opinion, outside of the patent. That's what the law suit is about.
Happens all the time in industry that companies look for a similar product that doesn't infringe current patents - or deliberately look for holes in patents to produce something similar.
There was concern that these modifications to the original may have been behind some of the poor trials they had?

cootuk
09/7/2009
17:28
Who actually owns the patent to Envirox?
coincall
19/6/2009
03:18
Looks like OXN will delist from AIM.

I can see the company being split into completely separate businesses so one can't bankrupt the others - let the envirox go its own way with Stagecoach at minimum cost, sell the suncream business on as it's fairly generic, and keep the security division to grow as a new separate entity.

cootuk
20/6/2008
23:14
Thanks should go to the posters on iii for that.
I've followed OXN but never saw a real time to invest.

Martin John Hagen is an ex-director and high up in the FSA, so OXN have friends in high places.

Shareholder Percentage of issued shares capital
R Farleigh 20.20%
Foresight VCT plc 11.82%
Income & Growth VCT plc 10.64%
BASF Venture Capital 8.96%
Alavita, Inc 6.50%
Stagecoach Bus Holdings Limited 3.11%

Looks like any action would really be more about publicity and a desire for the FSA to be seen to do their job than actually really achieving a change in the Board.

cootuk
20/6/2008
22:42
Good spot. As you say - interesting.... well worth a read.
damanko
20/6/2008
21:24
interesting
cootuk
19/6/2008
10:37
Nice to hear another voice Damanko. :-)

Agree with you re too many false dawns but I am waiting to see how they intend to unlock the 'substantial value' in the diagnostics business. They could also announce more deals for Envirox in the meantime but the former option interests me more right now.

Market cap is very low at present, and nearly half of that is in cash according to today's announcement, so I'd still stay this is quite a low risk bet, even at these levels.

Edit: Was pleasing to see this news also from the AGM announcement:

Oxonica Energy: Following the successful outcome of the follow-on trial with Stagecoach announced in February 2008, the Company has seen a significant increase in interest in Envirox* and now has a stronger pipeline of potential
customers than at any time in its history. The continued rise in oil prices and enhanced environmental pressures are making Envirox* an increasingly attractive product for all types of significant diesel fuel users. In comparison with H1 2007 and excluding the one-off sales to Petrol Ofisi, sales of Oxonica Energy's fuel
combustion catalyst, Envirox* are 49% higher than the corresponding period in 2007. In addition to growing sales in the UK and Germany, the
Company has now made initial sales into Russia for applications in the mining sector.

mr hat
19/6/2008
10:14
Mr H, trouble is too many false dawns, not a lot of people have any long term faith in Oxonica. After the placing, a lot of positive press in the financial press, IC etc - saying OXN was the only "pure play nanotechnology" listed in London. Then came the Turkish non delight, & a fairly dramatic derating. And here we are now. Trading at about 12% of where it was a couple of years ago.

My interest in OXN is through Foresight VCT, which holds 7,734,360 shares, or about 12.5% of the company. Agree with your earlier comment about the price of fuel, shows that (Stagecoach apart) - there doesn't seem to be a great deal of confidence in the commercial benefits of OXN's fuel additive.

We'll see if the comments about stuff in the pipeline translates into revenue.

damanko
19/6/2008
09:46
Well, some nice news this morning, confirming that things are better than the market was thinking recently.

Happy to hold. Just wish I'd bought more during the recent dip than I did too.

Shame I seem to be talking to myself on this board though!

Edit: 4th highest riser on the leaderboard at present, and still no one is taking note!

mr hat
17/6/2008
16:14
A little snippet from the last results is keeping me in anyway...still worth a punt at these levels me thinks.

'However, the nanomaterials group said it is seeing increasing levels of
customer interest in its 'Envirox' emission reduction product and added that it
is working with its advisers to unlock the 'substantial value' in its
diagnostics business.

"The board is optimistic as to the group's progress in 2008," chairman R
Farleigh said.'

mr hat
17/6/2008
16:12
Up around 15% as I write.

Not a bad little rebound that, and nice to see after such a prolonged fall.

Surely interest must be increasing in Envirox as the price of diesel keeps on climbing....?

mr hat
16/6/2008
08:18
"The proceedings seek an injunction against Oxonica as well as damages in
relation to product already sold and delivery up or destruction of all articles
that would infringe Neuftec's European patent."

I guess with this currently going through the Courts, then no purchase manager would enter into a new contract until they are assured of a continuing supply...easier just to buy the 'original' Neuftec product.

Plus the Court costs will soon mount up for a Company that doesn't appear to have much financial leeway.

cootuk
11/6/2008
16:25
Aren't OXN in the High Court today?
cootuk
11/6/2008
10:56
Was thinking exactly the same.
mr hat
11/6/2008
08:36
Strangely quiet.
Given the price of diesel one would have thought people would be knocking OXNs door down for Envirox....

cootuk
15/5/2008
00:01
Oxonica described as f'ing disaster by a founder, in off-cuff (over-heard) conversation today.
No idea if it means from now on or until now.

No message.

(make that yesterday)

officerdigby
14/5/2008
18:32
must be joking at this slow crawl down one wonders when the administrators are coming in. very little cash left and those VCT who put in must be hurting. Only a positive announcement from the chairman can save it. Unless and here is a thought they want to take it back private and so letting the price collapse
angry manc
Chat Pages: 15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock