ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

BTR Blue Star Mob

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Blue Star Mob LSE:BTR London Ordinary Share GB00B06HJN03 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.55 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Blue Star Mobile Share Discussion Threads

Showing 601 to 620 of 625 messages
Chat Pages: 25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/4/2013
07:57
Thats the price it is,charts on advfn for btr are not up todate.
godin
23/4/2013
07:42
Why is ADVFN quoting this as at 0.41 ?
roks
19/4/2012
18:22
Another nice rise today. Glencore takeover rumours.

Blackthorn Resources Ltd, Copper Assays High-Grade in Drill Hole S36-038 at Mumbwa Project
16 Apr,2012 10:22 AM

Blackthorn Resources Limited (ASX:BTR) ("the Company" or "Blackthorn Resources") is pleased to provide copper assay results from drill hole S36-038. Drill hole S36-038 is a redrill of S36-033, which was abandoned incomplete at a depth of 463.20m due to drilling rods becoming stuck in the hole. Drill hole S36-038 is located approximately 5m from the S36-033 collar and was drilled vertically to an end of hole depth of 653.55 meters.

Drill hole S36-38 was drilled vertically, targeting the known higher-grade core of the Kitumba mineral resource area, with the primary purpose of completing the abandoned drill hole S36-033 and additionally to validate the high-grade intersections in that drill hole as reported by the Company on 23 February 2012.

deadly
16/3/2012
07:59
Looking very good for the future!
jimgym
16/3/2012
03:58
Looks like BTR on the way up again!!
cezary
12/3/2012
09:03
Found my share statement, TDW wants £150 to re-register + no online trade possible.

Does anyone one know any cheaper options?

roks
01/3/2012
10:15
Jimgym - Thanks for your suggestion. Barclays have also suggested they would take them in, but the process is costly to transfer and takes "6-8 wks" before account and dealing fees. My original plan was to leave them until reserves proved (or otherwise) and production underway...

Hot Copper is a very good link too, so TVM

And positive news releases keep dripping in....

thais
01/3/2012
09:07
Cezary

ASX:BTR will give us the graph. (not LSE:BTR)

garrymorrow
29/2/2012
08:29
Nelson108. I agree with your comments and am wondering if folks recon Glencore will want more from BTR than just the existing offtake agreement. I recommend anyone who wants to find out more to access the "Hot Copper" forum in Australia. Well worth a read.
jimgym
29/2/2012
07:21
This is a huge run. Sure, there were some nice numbers in the drilling report, but nice enough to fuel a run like this? And massive volumes. Is there more to this than meets the eye? Anyone seen anything on other BBs or elsewhere to shed light on other factors that might be driving this rally now?
nelson108
28/2/2012
21:48
thais I hold these with Hargreaves Lansdown. A friend traded some yesterday after placing a sell order on Friday through H-L to an Aussi broker. I know the charges are going to be at least 110 Aussi Dollars plus H-L charges to trade. Sounds a lot but she made over 900% profit! I am hanging on to mine until later in the year when after the Glencore mine takeoff comes into play. Hope this helps.
jimgym
28/2/2012
18:12
My shares are sitting with the registrar they were transferred to when the stock was delisted from London (and I'm UK resident). Anyone have any tips on how I can trade these from UK, or do I need an Aussie broker (and is that worthwhile for a single holding). Views very welcome. How are you guys managing this?
thais
23/2/2012
17:10
That's three of us cheering things on then!

Dumped it is right - I'm also here from AIMR days and pretty much wrote them off with all the dilution & shannagins. It's only that invite to the AGM each Dec/Jan reminds me - just hope yesterdays news and the flows expected over the next three months put this old donkey back into the mix

thais
23/2/2012
16:06
roks - Blow those cobwebs off when you find them. Get them ready for the gilt edge frames!
jimgym
23/2/2012
15:33
Nearly forgot about these, digging for the certificates, not sure where I dumpped it.
roks
23/2/2012
15:23
You are not alone. Yes the news was excellent! Holding some of these in an ISA from the AIMR days. Hopefully more good news to follow throughout the year.
jimgym
23/2/2012
10:53
Anyone here? I can't be the only person holding these surely. We had some good news yesterday...
thais
10/2/2012
02:29
First up to your Mumbwa copper gold project in Zambia and the results that have really excited the market. What have you found?

Well for some time now we've been exploring on the Mumbwa copper exploration project in Zambia. This project was formerly a joint venture with BHP Billiton Limited (ASX:BHP), but BHP Billiton exited in August last year and we've been the 100 per cent owner of the project since that time. Now there's already a JORC compliant inferred resource at Mumbwa of 87 million tonnes, at just under one per cent copper. And the drilling that we've been doing in recent times has focussed on improving that resource, including some infill drilling and we've achieved some spectacular results. The best hole to date was 230 metres at an average of 4.5 per cent copper and that's truly outstanding.

Well these are very impressive results. One analyst here in Sydney recently did a comparison and found that there are only five or six projects anywhere in the world, since the year 2000, that have reported results of this grade over such a wide intercept.

Well as I mentioned, we already have a JORC compliant inferred resource of almost 90 million tonnes, of just under one per cent copper. We think there's great scope to improve that resource further. Our objective in the short term is to achieve an indicated JORC status and we've announced recently that we're commencing a scoping study. And we intend to announce the results of both the JORC upgrade and the scoping study, and then launch into prefeasibility, in the next six months.

We're about to finish a drilling campaign that's aimed at improving the resource, then we'll complete the scoping study and the JORC resource upgrade. Then there is potential later in the year to do additional drilling, not only on this resource which we call Kitumba, but elsewhere on the Mumbwa project, with the aim of testing other attractive targets.

Let's now get to your Perkoa zinc mine in West Africa, a joint venture with Swiss commodities trader Glencore International. What role have they taken up in development?

We've had a joint venture with Glencore since December of 2010 and Glencore took over as manager of the project on behalf of the joint venture, early in 2011. Glencore are involved in a number of ways in this project. They are the project manager; they're investing $80 million in the construction of the zinc mine. There's also potential for Glencore to invest additional money for expanding the mine, and Glencore is also our customer. Glencore will purchase all of the concentrates from the mine.

We've been informed by Glencore that everything's going well and we do periodically visit the project as well. The aim at this stage, and we're on track to begin commissioning in July of this year, now the commissioning process begins we're starting up motors and beginning to activate the mill, and to process the plant. And then we'll go into what's called hot commissioning shortly thereafter, where the ore that's already been produced – we have about 8,000 tonnes of ore on the surface of the mine, that will then be used to test the process plant.
So long story short, the commissioning will begin in July and then for the next few months, the commissioning will be completed, then ramping up to full production later in the year.

Well in the base case – there are two cases, investment cases, for Perkoa. In the base case, it's a zinc only mine and the rate of production will be 720,000 tonnes per annum of ore. And that produces 170,000 tonnes of concentrate and the concentrate has a 53 per cent metal content. So the base case produces about 90,000 tonnes of contained zinc metal per annum.

We've been working with Glencore for some months now on a further investment case, to consider investing more money to improve the Perkoa project. In the base case it's a zinc only mine, but Glencore has put together an investment proposal that would involve increasing the capacity of the mine by 40 per cent. So that the throughput goes from 720,000 tonnes per annum to a million tonnes per annum, but importantly adding a new product that is producing not only zinc concentrates, but silver and lead concentrates as well.
In our last quarterly report, we announced that we had just under $11 million available on December 31, 2011. Looking ahead, that money will see us comfortably able to do the things that we need to do at Mumbwa and to take the company forward.

When Perkoa goes into production, the first $5 million of earnings will be given to Blackthorn. And then following that - then loans, project loans, will need to be repaid to Glencore. And then we'll share earnings after that.

It's going to be a very busy and exciting coming six months for Blackthorn Resources. Our shareholders can look forward to more drilling results from Mumbwa, and then the outcome of the JORC resource upgrade. And then towards the middle of the year, the outcome of a scoping study which will begin to look at the economic potential at Mumbwa. Then beyond that, we will look at doing additional drilling to test other targets at Mumbwa.

Of course, at Perkoa- a very exciting time going into production in the second half of the year. So there'll be news relating both to the commissioning and the production in the zinc mine, but also to the potential to expand the mine to add silver and lead, and boost the capacity.
So a very exciting time for us and yes, the share price has improved considerably. And that's great news for our shareholders, but I'm always keen to emphasise that our market cap remains around $200 million. And we certainly see looking in the years ahead, great potential for us to grow the value of the company well beyond its present market cap.

cezary
29/10/2010
14:28
anybody been approached about there shares here? very suspicious
hairbill
27/3/2010
07:50
Does this work for shares quoted abroad>?
a2336418
Chat Pages: 25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock