ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

SHCP ST Helen's Cap.

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
ST Helen's Cap. LSE:SHCP London Ordinary Share GB0005401087 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.75 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

ST Helen's Cap. Share Discussion Threads

Showing 26 to 49 of 50 messages
Chat Pages: 2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
03/8/2009
16:29
I guess the FSA is absent as usual where it matters
islam1
30/7/2009
08:54
When is the EGM ? what is happening to our holding ?
dd776
21/7/2009
10:14
I wonder if the EGM could see a defeat for the proposed transaction?
nigelsom
21/7/2009
08:58
agreed, dodgy geezers and t/o lot even dodgier
guzzle11
21/7/2009
08:29
Judging by today's announcement, St Helen's must have been in trouble. Either that or the board has been convinced to sell out on the cheap.

If I've got it right, the company gets £250k to hand over all the assets bar the aim listing. At the last set of results (H1 to end sept) published in December (08) they claimed to have 30-odd clients on Plus as well as a bunch of Aim clients and £1.1m in the bank at the end of November (and went on about how well placed they were to weather the economic storm).

Now we are told that this lot is only worth £250k?

We are also told in today's announcement that when combined with the acquiring party they will have between them 20-odd Plus clients.

Eh????

So I've got a couple of questions: where did all the money go? Where did all the clients go? And where was the trading statement/profit warning to keep the shareholders informed?

And finally, the intention of the board is to continue trading on Aim as an investment company. Given the track record, who would trust this lot? Maybe the intention is to continue drawing a salary at the shareholders expense for a s long as possible.

Maybe I've got something terribly wrong, but from where I sit this lot absolutely stinks.

nigelsom
12/6/2009
17:30
Has anyone heard how St. Helens are doing? Rumours of their early demise abound.
yohoho
07/3/2005
00:12
papa,

hmmm.... yes indeed !

gardenboy
06/3/2005
23:40
if you look at the properties - it was created on 6-march
he probably updated it and posted on top

ps have a look at gla for comparison - island bottom - spike up - cosolidation pattern - +ive golden cross soon.

papa lazaroo
06/3/2005
23:07
peterstilgoe,

thanks for pointing out confirmation of an island bottom on DAG early Feb. An investment made at that time has been richly rewarded. I also notice that a golden cross is now imminent.

I am interested in how you have managed to post a SScope chart onto this thread that has updated itself since. Surely uploading a chart in JPEG format into this thread would not update itself?

It would be very nice to include "live" SScope charts on this thread, however although SScope, I'm sure, would not object to one or two charts posted here as it can only give them favourable publicity, much more than that and I suppose they would see it as a violation of their copyright.

interesting thread - I too have considered the SScope cd's but as yet have not purchased any.

gardenboy
06/3/2005
19:40
When using the stochastic esc and the the lines are in the middle of the chart together what does this mean.

Also if both lines go up or down what does this also indicate in the share price and its future price movement.

Basicaly i am trying to use this software and deal on a medium to short term period, (monthly weekly daily basis).

When data mining what should the critera settings be on if i want to find companies that have moved above or below their moving average of 5%.

Thanks

snorky2
06/3/2005
15:01
Any. the companion cd but mainly the data mining one, can you help ;)
snorky2
06/3/2005
14:45
Which one you after Snorky ?
peterstilgoe
05/3/2005
08:25
Anyone have any add on CD discs for sale for sharescope
snorky2
12/2/2005
17:13
Cheers Mr Vee, my heads a bit fuzzy today after a big night last night, I intend to spend tomorrow having a good look at this, I will keep you posted if I get anywhere.

Cheers.

peterstilgoe
12/2/2005
11:00
Peterstilgoe;

Ello

Island reversal;

Sorry, I cant see how that is possible unless there is some sort of upgrade or add-on that you can get for Sharescope.
Nearly all of the criteria that you can use to define your filter are based around fundamentals and results etc, if you wish to select stocks by finding more complicated indicators like island reversals etc, your best bet would be to export the whole database (or maybe the last 12 months) into an excel book then you can find almost anything if you got the time and patience to "write" your own filter.

Its something that I have been meaning to start for ages and maybe you have just prompted me to make a start.
I believe that I have read somewhere that it is possible to fix it so that every time you update sharescope , you automatically update your linked excel book, although I have never got round to investigating this route.

I wonder if somewhere there is a facility to download excel filters ? that would save me a lot of brainache!
Can anyone enlighten us???

Sorry I cant help, so for the meantime you'll be wearing out that space bar like the rest of us.
If I do get the opportunity I will write an excel book, and let you know, or if you (or anyone else) get the opportunity I would be interested.

Cheers for now

Mr. Vee

P.S...........DAG - Nice find

mr vee
11/2/2005
17:43
I was also recommended Metastock 9.0 which apparently is very good.

Some eyes are better then others though SM, my eyes are still in early training lol

peterstilgoe
11/2/2005
17:34
I really like ss but am trialing updata atm - and they have an island bottom in their data mining... still dont think you can beat the eyes.....

SM

supermum
11/2/2005
17:01
DAG: Island bottom confirmed a few days ago, now 21 day ma looking to break the 120 ma
peterstilgoe
11/2/2005
17:01
Yeah Im not sure you would be able to do it, as it would need to look for a gap down & then a gap up, im sure some mathematician could work some formula out for it though !

How do you find sharescope ? Im new to it, had it maybe 6 weeks but dont think I would be without it now.

Cheers SM

peterstilgoe
11/2/2005
16:57
peterstilgoe - I have had it for 8 months now - and I aint got a clue how to find that one! Maybe ring them up? I just use me eyes .... I hit that space bar and scan the chart...

SM

supermum
11/2/2005
14:50
Mr Vee,

Any idea how you can create a filter in sharescope to pick shares that have created a 'Island Bottom' ?

The success rate of this indicator suggests could be a very profitable filter, but its beyond my level of skill in sharescope being a new user & all !

Cheers

peterstilgoe
06/2/2005
12:00
Is there a name for when the slow stochastic crosses upwards over the RSI line ? I presume there must be, it seems when this happens the share price goes into a short term rising trend, presumably this must be a known indicator ? Does anyone use this in Sharescope as a filter/indicator ?
peterstilgoe
22/1/2005
23:20
Hi Peterstilgoe;

Thanks for starting this thread, I think it's a great idea why didn't someone think of it before. I will try to visit whenever I can.

I think I will stick with part time trading for a few years yet, it sounds appealing not having a real job yet earning good money but on the other hand I would have to be confident that I can drastically increase my profits before I take the plunge. Maybe I should take a month of work to do a trial period when the time comes.

Scsw;
Hi,
I am happy with my system although there is no real formula I just use various forms of TA to find a stock that looks interesting then research that stock until the silly hours of the morning, if its appealing then it goes on my "to buy" list for when funds are freed up from a sale, then try and judge a good entry point and exit point.

For the first 2 years that I started trading stocks & shares I made some serious errors at one point I was >50% down but the way you have to look at it is like this.
Lets say you invest in a good share and it gains 100% but then it slowly drifts down and each day you think that it will come back so I will lower my stop loss a bit more, finally it plunges so you sell and suddenly you've lost 25% of your original investment, so lets say that cost you £1000, next time you probably wont make the same mistake so you have to tell yourself this – you have gained a valuable piece of trading insight and it only cost you £1000. After all some solicitors charge £200-300/ hour so for the hours that you stewed over your decisions it wasn't really that costly.
The mistakes will become less frequent believe me, but they wont ever disappear completely.
Perseverance is the key, keep trying out new tactics, before you know it your stash will be making you smile every time you think about it.

Good luck and happy trading

Mr Vee

mr vee
22/1/2005
21:48
Cheers for that Mr Vee, I will give it a go tomorrow when im back on my pc aswell.

Im currently using the 15min delayed version, I would also like the realtime version but need to make this ver prove its worth first !

Good luck if you move to daytrading for a living.

peterstilgoe
Chat Pages: 2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock