ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

TRS Tarsus Group Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Tarsus Group Plc LSE:TRS London Ordinary Share JE00B3DG9318 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 424.00 424.00 425.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Tarsus Share Discussion Threads

Showing 501 to 525 of 525 messages
Chat Pages: 21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
25/5/2019
16:36
Blimey. Two surprise bids this week for me. First Mucklow, then Tarsus. Happier to exit this than Mucklow to be honest. Think this is a good exit at this point in the cycle.
topvest
24/5/2019
19:53
Galeforce1 & vprt: thank you very much for this, very helpful
yieldsearch
24/5/2019
17:21
Yieldsearch / galeforce1: Yes, and in addition I believe John Lee holds (most of?) the following: VP, DJAN, TFW, NICL, TON. And others.

TET is his #1 holding by size. He topped up CTR, CTG, and AIR early this year (steady, low profile, divi-paying smallcaps trading at low valuations), in addition to wisely building his large TRS stake. He has been reducing PZC despite his own long-standing very close association. (This is mostly from the 2 Feb column). More recently he talked up CTR by pointing out its, to him, mysteriously low valuation.

Like you, galeforce1, I hold several of these and keep an eye on what he does. I actually also had the genuine pleasure of having a good chat with him at/after an AGM, which only a handful of people attended, a couple of years ago. (I took the opportunity to thank him for bringing my attention to TET before it took off).

vprt
24/5/2019
16:01
Re trading somewhat above the bid price remember there's a 7.7p dividend to be paid also. Be nice if someone else expressed an interest but I'd be surprised. Having said that, I think it went xd yesterday so scrub the previous comment!
mpjsb1
24/5/2019
13:40
Yieldsearch - I attempt to track the John Lee portfolio, just by making notes from his FT articles and following the companies he talks about. I have positions in most of them.
I reckon the main elements of the John Lee portfolio are:
CNC, CTR, CTG, LOK, PZC, MPE, AIR, VNET, TET, ANP
There may be others that I'm not following.
Something shared by all of the above is a relatively high chance of takeover.
You have to be prepared just to go on holding through thick and thin. He hardly ever sells. He buys value and waits for the market to spot that value. It can take a very long time.

galeforce1
24/5/2019
13:38
its trading above the bid price so presumably a few traders/ hedgies punting that someone else might enter the bidding fray at a higher price
felix99
24/5/2019
12:01
given this is now at £4.25, is there any reason not to just sell now and take the cash? Why hold out to the timescales?
Apologies if this seems a daft question....

Jock

jockthescot
24/5/2019
09:44
Bittersweet - nice percentage gain on a (too) small stake. Yes, huge credit to John Lee for calling this one absolutely right repeatedly, in particular in his 2 February FT Money column, which Modform also has read. Kicking myself as I had looked at cheap flights to the AGM in Dublin to eyeball management before potentially topping up to make this a core holding - little point in that now...
vprt
24/5/2019
09:08
Modform: is there a way to track john lee portfolio?
yieldsearch
24/5/2019
06:56
Shame to lose this quality business but an acceptable exit.
its the oxman
24/5/2019
06:46
Very happy, even happier than me is John Lee, for it being it's second largest holding
modform
24/5/2019
06:08
Congrats to holders - a bid at 425p. The directors must have been negotiating this whilst they presented at Mello! Awks....
rivaldo
16/5/2019
09:16
Good chance of a push to new highs off the back of today's trading statement. More to come here.
its the oxman
28/2/2019
17:21
Just to let you all know that Tarsus will be exhibiting and presenting at the Mello2019 event on Thursday 16th/Friday 17th May

They will almost certainly be doing two presentations so one in the morning and one afternoon.

More info and tickets here...

davidosh
13/2/2019
17:50
Has the the Canaccord Genuity overhang finally run it's course?
foxman14
21/12/2018
21:02
Quite. I'd like to know too.
lindowcross
21/12/2018
19:02
Not a very active thread.
What happened today ?

yf23_1
13/3/2018
15:47
Yes , surely good value around 300p with dividend to come shortly , and trading ahead of last year.
its the oxman
04/3/2018
21:52
This looks quite cheap even adjusting for debt. Low teens multiple for a good compounder. Any ideas why? Risks?
solooiler
01/2/2018
22:41
Turns out Charles Stanley Direct did as well - I crosschecked the declared dividend against the ISA receipt.
bscuit
01/2/2018
20:48
AJ Bell process it gross.
jockthescot
01/2/2018
18:02
Reply to my question about withholding tax from TRS. There is indeed an automatic DWT chargeable on all payments. However, if the broker is in the UK the broker would usually register their UK residency with the Registrar and DWT would not be applied - the dividend would be received gross. However it is up to Barclays to do this.

So I have messaged Barclays and they are investigating. The strange thing is that they did pay the July 17 dividend payment gross - without any DWT. So presumably they already have the correct registration with the Registrar????

macc2
31/1/2018
15:01
Ditto - feel stupid I have held for 10 years!
bscuit
31/1/2018
14:15
Thanks grahamburn. I have emailed the company to ask about the about the dividend access plan.
macc2
30/1/2018
15:21
It sounds like you haven't joined the company's Dividend Access Plan so have been subject to the Irish Withholding Tax. Tarsus is resident in Ireland for tax purposes; hence the deduction.

The Dividend Access Plan (forms available from the Registrar, I believe, though after these shares were purchased awhile back the form was sent automatically) enables the dividend to be paid through a UK entity and paid gross.

Couldn't find anything specific on the company's website, but did find the following buried in the last Scrip Dividend documentation which does provide some information on the technicalities:

Credit for Irish Dividend Withholding Tax
No Irish DWT should be withheld from dividends paid to UK tax resident Shareholders (whether an individual or corporate shareholder) if the appropriate declaration has been lodged with the Registrar’s Irish office prior to the dividend record date....

If a declaration is not, or cannot be, made and Irish DWT is withheld from such dividends, HMRC will generally give credit for any Irish DWT withheld from the payment of a dividend and not recoverable from the Irish tax authorities against UK income tax payable by Shareholders in respect of the dividend.

Probably worth asking Barclays about this as there may be difficulties with certain nominee accounts.

Hope this helps.

grahamburn
Chat Pages: 21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock