ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

BFP Big Food Grp.

0.00 (0.00%)
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Big Food Grp. LSE:BFP London Ordinary Share GB0004558713 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% - 0.00 -
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Big Food Grp. Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2801 to 2824 of 2825 messages
Chat Pages: 113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  105  104  103  102  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
03/5/2006
16:40
Its even worse now expert appliance care closes on 26 may 2006 all jobs made redundant!!!!!!!!!
expert363
02/3/2005
13:31
good bye BEJAM's too!!

I used to work there and was there when Iceland took over...

guppyworld
12/2/2005
13:01
I see MW stepped in and BG stepped out!!
kingdwg
12/2/2005
11:27
goodbye bfg hello ice co well for the time being
363expert
09/2/2005
17:08
I've just sold my last holding today, needed the cash elsewhere so I let them go 0.25p under the bid price but I didn't fancy waiting till the end of the month anyway. Thank you Booker, Iceland and Big Food Group, it's been a good few years trading and most of all thanks to Bauger especially given today's announcement.
kingdwg
06/2/2005
21:36
Will he bring Peter back? He'll need help turning this Iceberg round!
caribbean
06/2/2005
21:32
Walkers in the Maldives!! Who will be going through the door when he walks back into Deeside?? How does it go 'always be nice to people on the way up you might meet them on the way down !!
caribbean
30/1/2005
17:21
Get yourself into Tesco Expert there going places.
caribbean
30/1/2005
11:20
Sorry to hear you may be losing your job EXPERT363, we tend to trade in and out of companies, never really considering the people on the floor the majority of whom are working to our benefit. I wish you success in any new ventures you may apply for.
kingdwg
30/1/2005
08:45
goodbye big food group....
pensions in iceland now frozen out of the bfg company scheme..
Awaiting the official word from ice company regarding any job losses..
Heard rumours that expert is not wanted in the ice company so either sold on as a going concern or all of us made reduntant.We will have to wait and see..
Im glad i brought in at 39p should have sold when they were £1.80 when the Londis takeover was being talked about.

Anyone know what ever happened about londis?

expert363
07/1/2005
20:30
No christmas cheer in todays figures and no more excuses!
caribbean
04/1/2005
17:55
It's not official yet, but as far as I am concerned... they've announced their intentions/offer already and aslong as they don't raise the bid price they aren't breaking any rules. It's like offering 10p for each apple in a shop, only to see the shop still selling some at 9.5p in the "open" market. And as far as I'm concerned, buying has happened before especially where some companies want to implement an aggresive takeover (i.e. management disagree, or racing against another bidder to buy a large enough stake to take control)
factsonly
04/1/2005
13:24
I wouldn't think so. As far as I'm aware they're prohibited from buying below the bid price once it's official.
kingdwg
04/1/2005
13:00
It could be Bauger buying up enough shares to secure a "yes" vote... it would be embarassing if they didn't win.
factsonly
04/1/2005
11:53
Anyone left in here or have you all sold in the market.
Puzzling today with the offer at 94.5 add stamp duty and it's at the bid price. There's a good few trades again in excess of 94 but 1 x 1.6million @ 94.439. Counterbid coming up??

kingdwg
27/12/2004
16:25
Bankers might get nervous if the xmas sales figures show further decline, I was out at 92p, didn't like the way this was going.
caribbean
25/12/2004
00:13
Thats why he's running M&S and one day will, in my opinion, own it with Phillip Green. I'd bank the 94p if you can get it - and reinvest in case of a last minuite pull out - you never know the way this has gone.
bigface
23/12/2004
21:42
I'm afraid that's what will happen, Walker wont run with the present management and yes they will be paid off. So get ready for a year of upheaval !
You know the real smart guy in all of this - Stuart Rose, he got rid of Booker and moved on fast.

caribbean
23/12/2004
21:06
I hope the management don't get some stupid big pay-off after driving the share price down so much. Although I wasn't in for the big southerly ride, I feel for the guys who did.
factsonly
23/12/2004
07:55
with malcolm walker on the return management will have to watch out as when he left the company they all ran him down big time blaming everthing on him.
I think he will have a score to settle behind the scenes.
Its more than likely jobs will go in one form or another!
Mine may even be under risk you never know in todays climate.
If it does it does I cant change it.

expert363
22/12/2004
16:48
So we should get paid on the 25th of Februrary then which means taking them out in the market at todays prices will cost 1.28% = 7.68%pa plus the dealing fee. It really is just a case of waiting unless there's something else worth funding. I wouldn't think there's any likelyhood of it not going through but there's always the chance of a counterbid or even a strong rumour that could provide a more profitable exit.
kingdwg
22/12/2004
13:23
Iceman

you forget that one of the main problems faced by BFG over the past three years is the way store manager's have been straightjacketed by the "control" brought in by Hoskins and Grimsey. Sure that needed to be done given the state the business was in, but sadly the over cautious approach meant store managers were unable to trade the stores, something Iceland had always done very well.

Further, in excess of £50m was spent on IT systems, the majority of which showed no return due to an ineffecive strategy of trying to merge businesses with little in the way of common processes. Some SAP was implemented at massive cost, and IT was outsourced to Pink Rocadde for MORE than the current runing costs. Hardly wise investments for a business in recovery and something the IT Management and the board should be ashamed of.

With little in the way of cultural and process synergy these investments have resulted in changes which do not support the need for a business like Iceland to dynamically respond to changes in the market. This is why Malcolm Walker could be good for the company - he won't put rigid controls in - sure at some point they have their place, but not when you need to trade your way out in a fight.

So is it a fair deal? Well yes, because the current regime have destroyed the business through their approach. Only months ago Grimsey was bragging about return to shareholders as the share price reached 188.The fact is in the years he has been in charge shareholders have seen a negative return on their investment for which he will have received in excess of £5m incuding bonuses.

Now, were in not for the costs associated with the group structure, IT investments, refits etc, the group would actually have an operating proft some £25m higher........on that basis if Iceland can trade its way out, it does beg the question of what sort of profit it could generate.

As an investor I'd quite like the opporunity of staying in - however given the option of taking 95p or letting Grimsey continue down a path of poor investment choices, poor strategy and wasted money, Ill be voting yes.

welshbloke
21/12/2004
17:34
I used to work for this bunch of cowboys! and believe me MR walker cannot save this business now take the cash and put in into a proper retailler, like tesco, this will be baugers biggest mistake they have ever made. no future for this business.

by the way this is all imho, and I dont have any intrest or shares just trying to be of help to those of you who may be unsure if this is fair deal or not.

cant wait to see there next trading statement ( thats if they need to make one?)

iceman (now ex)

the iceman
21/12/2004
07:21
Good luck fatman
bigface
Chat Pages: 113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  105  104  103  102  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock