ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

AZM Alizyme

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Alizyme LSE:AZM London Ordinary Share GB0000374289
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 4.08 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Alizyme Share Discussion Threads

Showing 25951 to 25973 of 25975 messages
Chat Pages: 1039  1038  1037  1036  1035  1034  1033  1032  1031  1030  1029  1028  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
31/7/2020
12:22
Nice CGT gain offset though?
If you're in that luxurious position.

dunderheed
31/7/2020
11:38
Just had a blast from the past - a note from an account which I don't remember having, saying that the Alizyme shares which I'd forgotten about (or more accurately, had blanked out of my memory), had "made a distribution" of 0.3p per share.

Wowee - now I can buy that boss guitar I'd always wanted. Or some picks, anyway

zzaxx99
14/11/2019
10:44
£12.61 for my 3800 shares. Lesson learned. Not sure how much Tim McCarthy has cost shareholders over the years with this and Immupharma, but its a lot.
dr biotech
08/11/2019
07:56
I can't even remember how many i had but i did turn up to the AGM to find a note on the door saying they had gone into admin that day!

I seem to remember they used the last of the cash to pay themselves their bonus.

loafofbread
05/11/2019
17:38
Without checking the paperwork I think I had just in excess of 14000 of these so I caught more than just a cold when they went into Admin. Lesson learnt the hard way. I received £45.71 and (Dr B) as, I do not drink, I may celebrate with a Mars bar or two!. If anyone can trace written comment from the Receiver, please broadcast it here. Would be interesting to see if these payments relate to royalties paid by Takeda, or are these payments the final winding up.
mikepearce45
05/11/2019
13:16
Think I paid about c£1.30 total loss about £5k. Not life changing, but my worst ever investment. Taught me not to fall in love with a share and to remember that CEOs aren't always truthful.
dr biotech
05/11/2019
13:10
I got £16.59 for my 4996 shares. They cost me £1499.51.
Could have been worse I suppose, since my 'investment' was relatively small.
Gd

gadolinium
05/11/2019
12:51
Nothing in my account. How much did you get? I had about 3500 of these if there is enough to get a bottle of red to drown my sorrows I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Just glad I invested here as a newbie and not later in life when I could have lost a lot more.

dr biotech
05/11/2019
10:48
Held these shares in a Nominee account and I notice a credit to that account yesterday from the Receiver. Presumably others would have done as well. Not able to trace any news on the investor site as shown in post 24310 above. Can anyone point me towards a source of news please.
mikepearce45
26/4/2017
13:35
Noticed today that renzapride was bought by a company called endologic.Doubt it was for much as does not say.
Anyone any news from liquidators? Or has anyone received any dividend!

fidra
01/4/2016
21:56
This year's update from the liquidators -

Section on "Shareholders":

3.5. It is anticipated that there will be sufficient funds for a distribution to be made to the Company's shareholders. As stated in the annual report of ATL, future milestone payments may be received in 2016, thus facilitating a further distribution to the Company.

3.6. Given the uncertainty surrounding potential further dividends to the Company, I am unable to provide any estimates as to the timing or quantum of a distribution to the shareholders.

3.7. There are approximately 4,500 shareholders in the Company, thus it is not cost effective to pay an interim dividend, but the position will be reassessed in one year's time.

elgordo
18/2/2015
09:27
Nice that they are charging £256 per hour - or £500k per year for their effort. I wouldn't want to wind things up too quickly at that rate.
dr biotech
17/2/2015
18:41
Recent update. Shareholders may get something from the liquidation - but not yet!!!!!

hxxp://ww7.investorrelations.co.uk/alizyme/media/press/show.jsp?ref=169

mikepearce45
28/4/2014
14:50
Thanks Mike for the update. I needed some good news after watching GKP and QPP share prices succumb to gravity!
mikepearce45
27/4/2014
19:04
Thanks for the update Mad mike.take care.
fidra
27/4/2014
17:30
I have only just come across AZM's Liquidator's reports dated 11-Feb-14 (on their web-site). For those that do not know, the important 'news' is litigation was settled last summer that had been holding up any possible realisation of assets for the benefit of shareholders.

The Liquidator report says AZM shareholders will actually get something back for AZM their shares, though not immediately. Future dividend payments depend upon third parties' milestone/royalty payments.

I believe there are around 217M AZM shares in issue, so it looks like every £1M of realised assets (after other creditors are paid off) would result in a shareholder payout of a little less than half a penny per share.

The relevant section in the Liquidator's report is copied below. Also at the bottom there is a links to the Liquidator's Feb'04 reports:-

"Shareholders [of Alizyme Plc]
~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.5. It is anticipated that there will be sufficient funds for a distribution to be made to the Company's shareholders. As stated in the annual report of ATL, future milestone payments may be received in 2014, thus facilitating a further distribution to the Company.

3.6. Given the uncertainty surrounding potential further dividends to the Company, I am unable to provide any estimates as to the timing or quantum of a distribution to the shareholders.

3.7. There are approximately 4,500 shareholders in the Company, thus it is not cost effective to pay an interim dividend, but the position will be reassessed in one year's time."

The Liquidator's 2013 annual reports for the following two companies can be found (n.b. these are different reports than those filed at Companies House):-

hxxp://ww7.global3digital.com/alizyme/media/press/show.jsp?ref=168
- Alizyme Plc (the holding company that have the listed shares)
- Alizyme Therapeutics Ltd (the subsidiary company holding the IPR & past activities).

mad mike
31/12/2013
13:02
From memory, I think that there was a faint possibility that should Cetilistat/Cametor/Oblean be successfully brought to market, that there was a possibility of future royalty payments to Alizyme/liquidators. I am not holding my breath though.
mikepearce45
30/12/2013
23:04
Blast from the past.

I still remember turning up for the AGM and finding a note on the door saying we had gone into admin.

The BOD were just not up for the job,

loafofbread
30/12/2013
04:55
yes, very annoying.Sold for a song as well.

Thanks for the update mikepearce45.

fidra
30/12/2013
01:00
CAMETOR®
Norgine has acquired the worldwide rights to CAMETOR (cetilistat). CAMETOR, also known as OBLEAN® in Japan, is being developed for the treatment of obesity with our partners Takeda, who are responsible for developing and marketing the product in Japan. On 30 September 2013 the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare approved the New Drug Application (NDA) of OBLEAN Tablets 120mg for the treatment of obesity with complications.

mikepearce45
01/11/2012
01:14
Great find but f£$%^ing annoying just the same.
billthebank
31/10/2012
15:15
Takeda Pharmaceutical submits NDA for obesity drug in Japan
Comtex News Network
Oct 31, 2012 (Datamonitor via COMTEX) -- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited has submitted a new drug application, or NDA, to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, for cetilistat for the treatment of obesity with complications, in Japan.
Cetilistat is a lipase inhibitor discovered by UK-based Alizyme Therapeutics Limited (Alizyme). The product inhibits the activity of lipase, a lipolytic enzyme, secreted by the digestive tract and pancreas, and blocks the absorption of fat from the gut, resulting in reduced body weight. Norgine acquired all rights to the product from Alizyme in October 2009.
The NDA submission is based on the results of three Phase III clinical trials, a 52-week placebo-controlled to evaluate the efficacy and safety study, a 24-week and 52-week open-label safety study in obese patients with type 2 diabetes and dyslipidemia.
The result of the efficacy study demonstrate that cetilistat 120mg three times daily was superior to placebo in the primary endpoint , reduction of average body weight, with -2.776% versus -1.103% with placebo. Greater reductions in HbA1c and LDL cholesterol were also observed in patients treated with cetilistat. All clinical trials demonstrated that cetilistat has a good safety profile and is well tolerated.
Peter Stein, CEO of Norgine said "We are excited that this important new medicine may soon be available in Japan for patients who suffer from obesity, and its complications such as type 2 diabetes mellitus and dyslipidaemia. Norgine is looking forward to building on our excellent working relationship with our partners, Takeda."
"Obesity is a disease with limited treatment options and thus has remarkable unmet medical need," said Nancy Joseph-Ridge, general manager of Takeda's Pharmaceutical development division. "If approved, cetilistat, with its novel mechanism of action, is expected to provide a welcomed new treatment option for physicians treating patients with obesity, with complications of both type 2 diabetes and dyslipidaemia in Japan."
Republication or redistribution, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without prior written consent. Datamonitor shall not be liable for errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon

vow
18/7/2012
08:26
Administrators warn Alizyme shareholders .

The administrators of stricken Cambridge UK biotech company Alizyme plc have warned shareholders to thoroughly investigate requests to buy their stock and not to hand over their bank details without proper due diligence.
Ian Carr and Nigel Morrison, appointed when the company went bust in July 2009, have been forced into the unusual step of issuing the warning after being made aware that a number of shareholders were being approached with offers.
Alizyme's administration was converted into a creditors' voluntary liquidation in December 2009 and the Grant Thornton partners are continuing to try to realise assets for creditors.

But in an update issued today they alert Alizyme shareholders to be on their guard.

A statement said: "In recent weeks, it has come to our attention that a number of shareholders are being approached with offers to purchase their shares.

"It is not appropriate for the liquidators to advise the shareholders as to whether to enter into any correspondence with these offerors, or whether they should consider selling their shares to any other third party.

"However, shareholders should always conduct appropriate investigations and due diligence into any offer made for their shares in order to satisfy themselves that it is a genuine good faith offer.

"In circumstances where we understand that shareholders' bank details are requested as part of the offer process, it is not for us to comment on whether this is unusual or suspicious.

"However, it is critically important for any individual shareholder to give serious consideration about this request for bank details to ensure that disclosure of such details, if any shareholders were minded to do so, would be appropriate and necessary and could not be misused."

On the general situation, they added: "The liquidators continue to seek realisation of various assets and adjudication of certain significant claims. Until those two matters are more fully resolved it is not possible to advise on the likelihood of any return to shareholders."

• PHOTOGRAPH SHOWS: Ian Carr

jeremye
Chat Pages: 1039  1038  1037  1036  1035  1034  1033  1032  1031  1030  1029  1028  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock