ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

ORI Oriel Res.

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Oriel Res. LSE:ORI London Ordinary Share GB0034246743 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 121.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Oriel Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1126 to 1148 of 1150 messages
Chat Pages: 46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  37  36  35  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
29/9/2008
08:28
its affectively been taken over. The old management now are running a company called Orsu Metals OSU a gold mine based in Kazakstan
ukgeorge
28/9/2008
20:33
Where is everybody. This share appears to be immune from the credit crunch!
orchestralis
20/8/2008
18:42
Announcement out today:
Oriel announces that trading in its ordinary shares and warrants on AIM will be cancelled on or around 19 September 2008.

I was just thinking today actually that this takeover and the delisting of ORI is dragging on. Another month to go.

hywel
29/7/2008
20:48
mechel faces breakup

Mechel faces breakup - Rusal and others could face tax problems

Putin widens campaign against metal export tax schemes.
Author: John Helmer
Posted: Tuesday , 29 Jul 2008

MOSCOW -

In Robert Louis Stephenson's version of the way English pirates used to issue shareholder summonses for asset distributions, the Black Spot was a ink-blot, spilled on the page of a bible, and delivered by a blind-man. You could hide from the delivery, but not from the consequences.

A second attack on the Mechel group by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday evening has increased the market perception that Igor Zyuzin, the controlling shareholder of the specialty steel and mining group, is facing a government-assisted breakup of his assets.

He may be alone in a cardiological clinic at the moment. But Mechel isn't alone, as mid-level government officials have now been emboldened to press a campaign in favour of increasing their tax-take from ferrous and nonferrous metal exporters; and against tax optimization schemes used by the Russian non-ferrous metal exporters, such as the tolling used by United Company Rusal.

In remarks televised on a Moscow evening news broadcast, Putin added to his earlier charges against Mechel, this time referring to transfer pricing and tax evasion. Putin said: "I already mentioned at the meeting [on July 24] that one company was exporting its product at a fraction of the domestic market price. The domestic price was 4,100 rubles ($176), and they were selling it to themselves, across the border, for 1,100 rubles, and then sells the product for $323. It is a reduction in the tax basis inside the country. It's not paying taxes, it's creating a shortfall on the domestic market, which means an increase in the cost of metals production."

Russian law treats a difference of 20% or more in the price of goods sold between the domestic and export branches of a company as unlawful transfer pricing. All Russian metals exporters have operated offshore trading schemes, which employ variants of the differential pricing Putin described. Under pressure of their listing requirements in London or New York, the steel groups have consolidated their trading operations on to their main balance-sheets. But transfer pricing in steel, and tolling in aluminium, have continued.

Tolling is a scheme for the exchange of imported inputs to metal fabrication, such as alumina, at a fixed price, for aluminium that is exported. The smelters earn a fixed fee; the offshore trader earns the difference between the smelter fee and the market price of the metal -- without paying tax in Russia. It is lawful if the importing companies are not connected to the smelter companies and the exporters. But if they are all part of the same holding, the tolling scheme is at risk of tax claims by the government.

The Russian government's tax-take from the metal exporters has been substantially below that for the oil companies, which are subject to a windfall profits tax. But as the government has decided to reduce taxes on oil companies, in order to create incentives to stimulate oilfield production, the revenue authorities propose to fill the gap on the revenue side of the budget by taxing the metals sector. Putin is therefore considering whether to implement a proposal, apparently endorsed by his Finance Ministry, to hit steel exports with an export tax of about 15%.

The market is also seeing a revival of proposals, long advocated by the Accounting Chamber -- the government auditor headed by former prime minister Sergei Stepashin -- to enforce the tax laws against tolling schemes. This week, Stepashin reportedly requested Putin's deputy in charge of industry concessions, Igor Sechin, to consider an anti-tolling campaign. Stepashin's small print means an attack on the owner of Rusal, Oleg Deripaska.

Stepashin's spokesman told Mineweb that an analysis of tolling has recently been completed, and was reviewed by the Chamber presidium on July 18. The text of the Chamber's public statement, issued yesterday, explicitly refers to Rusal as benefiting offshore through the difference between "the high price of realisation of products of processing for the foreign market and the low cost of services in the processing of the Russian enterprises [smelters] and was not subject to taxation in the Russian Federation." The Chamber statement estimated the revenue value to Rusal at $2 billion.

tricky1992000
30/4/2008
11:34
Well,ye of little faith!!!
cezary
25/4/2008
18:42
Chromex you can keep it. Chr Cr not HC or special grades. Let us not forget ORI had the best Cr Ore in the world (along with ENRC), far, far superior to the southern africans. Plus what good is ore without power. I'd rather buy IFL/ENRC
p bear
24/4/2008
13:43
The dollar is rising against the pound.
dashwood2
24/4/2008
11:50
if the offer is unconditional how come this has risen above the offer price. can a counter offer still come in?
brad1
22/4/2008
07:30
Well, you could always buy Chromex
cezary
18/4/2008
13:21
FeGr! - should be FeCr of course.
p bear
18/4/2008
13:18
"If you wish to accept the offer on all or some of your shareholding, please let us have your instructions by return of email no later than as soon as possible. Shareholders who have received this notification via royal mail, please let us have your instructions by completing the bottom of the page and returning to us in the enclosed pre-paid envelope."

If I don't accept the offer formally, what will happen? The offer is now unconditional so if I don't have a choice why did I just receive this (again) from my broker?

Anyone know anything about the warrants?

p bear
03/4/2008
13:53
The offer price is in dollars, so if the dollar rises that means you will get more £'s when the transaction is completed.
lickmypen
02/4/2008
11:15
Is Oriel Being Sold On The Cheap Or At A Premium? Minesite article (need to register):
hywel
02/4/2008
08:51
Just sold my shares as wanted to get some more eum while they were still at a good discount.
ukgeorge
01/4/2008
08:07
Pity they based the price of US$ on 25Th March as the US$ is now getting stronger.
cezary
31/3/2008
09:36
Under the terms of the Offer, Oriel Shareholders will receive 219.86 US cents in cash for each Oriel Share which, based on an exchange rate of 1.9992 US$:GBP, being the rate as at the close of business on 25 March 2008, is equivalent to 109.97 pence per Oriel Share.
ukgeorge
31/3/2008
09:13
I think the MM are buying the shares at about 1.065 and will get 1.090 next month ,,a retrun of about 15% pa. MM do not pay stamp duty, hope thois helps
jswift
31/3/2008
08:48
Excuse my ignorance, but if this is a done deal why are people still buying the shares.
Or is there something we dont know!!!

cezary
27/3/2008
09:06
no - they can get around that. Excess profits is only on the process of mining - Oriel had a deal whereby they had three companies in place, one to mine, one to process and one to sell. In this way they cuold do a bit of transfer pricing and avoid this tax
westy5555
27/3/2008
08:54
People may not realise that in Kazakhstan, there is an excess profit tax on net profits from mineral resource activities.

The rates go up to 60%!! and this is after paying corporation tax of 30%. At current world prices, the tax rate on net profit works out at approx 72%!!

Once you work out the back of the envelope cash flows, the price doesn't seem such a steal.

lickmypen
27/3/2008
07:33
note the announcemtn today re loans from the Russian bank associated with teh directors the day after the takeover announced. Bet that loan was conditional on the deal going through. Whole bloody thing is a russian scam
westy5555
26/3/2008
16:36
Our pockets have been well and truly picked on this one, such a shame
bo doodak
26/3/2008
10:16
Why no RNS from ORI.
sg31
Chat Pages: 46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  37  36  35  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock