ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

BIE Birse Grp.

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Birse Grp. LSE:BIE London Ordinary Share GB0001005684 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 14.40 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Birse Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1701 to 1723 of 1725 messages
Chat Pages: 69  68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  60  59  58  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
08/8/2006
15:20
Can't agree more TNT!

have held for long enough and at purchase price that always meant the divi was very nice.

Never held enough to get too wound up about whether it got taken out at 16 or 18p!

chrissey
07/8/2006
21:10
... often the best ones!

rip birse and thanks for some good times and the dividends...

renegade master
07/8/2006
20:42
Thanks for reminding me about Cosalt Naked Trader . Another excellent unfashionable company.
tommyjnewton
06/8/2006
21:22
tommy cosalt (CSLT) pays over 6%
renegade master
06/8/2006
20:24
Sad to see this go too. I was getting a 12 grand annual dividend from this. Where am I going to find a share like that?
tommyjnewton
04/8/2006
14:45
Goodbye Birse. Done me well over the years. Cash in accounts Friday 4th. August.
eithin
24/7/2006
08:28
Offer unconditional today 24/7. Cash before 7th. August.........
eithin
19/7/2006
10:24
thanks micos
arab3
18/7/2006
15:05
I have been told within 14 days of unconditional acceptance.
micos
18/7/2006
11:13
anyone know when we get the money if we accept the offer?
arab3
15/7/2006
09:24
dontknowitall

Congrats, lets hope it will force Birse to make a Statement at least. I am in no hurry to get my money if I there is a chance of a fairer buy out price.

slaterlp
14/7/2006
14:44
I have a note that the final results were due today. Anyone know differently?
micos
12/7/2006
10:00
dontknowitall

Thanks, I thought it could be them. Well I guess your right. We are too small to be of interest. :)

Sooner I get my money sooner I can put it to better use.

slaterlp
12/7/2006
09:55
You're not going to like this slaterlp

It's the....

FSA!!!

(See my earlier posts and the response I received!)

dontknowitall
12/7/2006
09:23
Got this reply

"Thank you for your response. However, it seems to me that this is not a
competition issue but rather something for the UK Listing Authority"

Does anyone know who the UK listing Authority is?

slaterlp
11/7/2006
09:52
The office of Fair trading has invited comments regarding the BB/Birse merger.

The email address is: tim.geer@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Maybe they will be interested in unfair dealing prior to the announcement.

slaterlp
07/7/2006
16:57
If that's the case then as far as I'm concerned that's fine. What angers me is that the FSA won't even try to find out.
dontknowitall
07/7/2006
16:42
why wouldn't it have been BB buying bie shares ? They were about to make a bid,,,its reasonable to assume they would have bought as many as allowable at the lower prices. doh!!!!!!!
toob
05/7/2006
22:24
As I said before, no activity buy or sell, share price fairly priced, then suddenly on the 18th June buys of 350,000...then 250,000 then multiples of 100,000...SP rises 0.25p then PI's perk up...sniff around (investigate) and follow their noses. Put money on the nose. Clear 30% in 6 days. Job done.

A good place to start to investigate would be who bought 350,000 shares in the first place? Why would someone do that with a company like BIE? Things that make you go ummmm. Highly speculative based on results soon to be released! Unless inside knowledge.

After 20th June, PI's follow the scent but not necessarily insiders. Just luck it was a take over bid and not something in the results. But it all adds up to the same thing.

Time to move on...something else on my radar.

spiritbear
05/7/2006
17:20
And my reply...

Dear Miss Malanga

Many thanks for your response.

I'm afraid that I find the FSA's attitude to this totally predictable and pathetic. I thought the FSA was there to protect Joe Public. It also seems that the FSA is not at all interested in investigating the increased trading activity shortly before the announcement.

I'm sorry, but I'm not even going to look at the "friendly information" links you've provided as the tone of your message suggests to me that nothing will be done.

But just for your information, Birse (and Balfour Beatty) are backed by large banks which, presumably, come under the FSA's remit.

Yours sincerely

dontknowitall
05/7/2006
17:14
A predictably pathetic message from the feeble FSA:

Thank you for your email of 29 June 2006.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) is an independent body set up by Government under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (the Act) to regulate financial services and protect the rights of consumers. The scope of our work includes the supervision and authorisation of financial institutions like banks, building societies, insurance companies, financial and mortgage advisers. The attached information sheet Introduction to the Financial Services Authority – information for consumers explains our role and remit: www.fsa.gov.uk/consumer/pdfs/fsa_who.pdf

Unfortunately, your query regarding Balfour Beatty taking over The Birse Group falls outside our regulatory remit, and we are therefore unable to comment or assist you with this matter . As engineering and construction companies, neither Balfour Beatty or The Birse Group are required to be regulated by the FSA, as they do not appear to be carrying out regulated activities. Regulated activities include accepting deposits and providing various investment advice and services. For answers to the questions that you raise, you may wish to contact the firms involved for further clarification.

For consumer friendly information about financial products, you can visit our website www.fsa.gov.uk/consumer

Yours sincerely

J Malanga (Miss)
Consumer Contact Centre
Regulatory Services Business Unit

dontknowitall
05/7/2006
14:59
loganair
I thoroughly aggree, if the directors are all for the takeover at this measly sum , they have probably been offered a lucrative payoff and also a plum job with BB. just another ripoff of shareholders.

donalduck
02/7/2006
14:15
I must say that I totally agree with all who say that Balfour Beatty are buying Birse for a song. As Balfour admit, the purchase of Birse will be earnings enhancing in the first year, which suggest that they are paying too little.

I always thought it was the mandate of the directors of any company to try and get the best price possible in any take over, not to SELL at the cheapest, which seems to have happened with Birse. Personally, I do not think there was any insider trading, it was just the incapabilities of the management, as has been shown by their running of Birse over the past few years and the price they are selling and shutting up shop for.

At 16.625p, a rediculously low price to say the least, I would have thought 20p to 25p is more like the proper and just value for Birse. For one I WILL NOT be voting in favour of the take over at this low price and just hope that someone else comes in with a better offer.

Has anyone any idea of what the professionals are saying about this take over, TO HOLD for something better or to TAKE THE MONEY and run??

loganair
Chat Pages: 69  68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  60  59  58  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock