ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

SHG Shanta Gold Limited

0.24 (1.66%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Shanta Gold Limited LSE:SHG London Ordinary Share GB00B0CGR828 ORD 0.01P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.24 1.66% 14.74 14.70 14.80 14.75 14.75 14.75 44,635,019 16:35:02
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Gold Ores 114.06M -2.3M -0.0022 -67.05 155.09M
Shanta Gold Limited is listed in the Gold Ores sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker SHG. The last closing price for Shanta Gold was 14.50p. Over the last year, Shanta Gold shares have traded in a share price range of 8.70p to 14.85p.

Shanta Gold currently has 1,051,467,684 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Shanta Gold is £155.09 million. Shanta Gold has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -67.05.

Shanta Gold Share Discussion Threads

Showing 57701 to 57722 of 57725 messages
Chat Pages: 2309  2308  2307  2306  2305  2304  2303  2302  2301  2300  2299  2298  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
17/4/2024
11:59
c'est la vie

Final Post

I had an initial future Target Price of 40p.

I believe West Kenya to be worth 20p alone.

No point in a Post Mortem now,yet such considered Opportunism will doubtfully
happen to other Gold stocks as Investors finally wake up (slowly) to Gold`s
confirmed Bull run that I had no doubts would Happen.

Alas.Those that sold this down at one Point to 8p had no such Foresight.

Gutted-with at least a Profit and now forced to try and find other Shanta Gold`s

richgit
16/4/2024
16:06
They have been sitting on these drilling results from west Kenya, did not publish them and kept them hidden to avoid any interest from potential bidders.
pooldar
16/4/2024
09:14
One that should have been released before any vote.
redhill
16/4/2024
07:49
And now a positive West Kenya Drilling Update. Again, interesting timing.
arlington chetwynd talbott
12/4/2024
23:36
I'm afraid we can only assume chestnuts sold up and moved on while telling everyone to buy as his hedge fund pals would force a much higher price. I can see he is still active on ADVFN, just not on the Shanta thread. Frankly, it was always difficult to believe what he was saying and his predictions / methodology fell into the crackpot category. Hopefully, nobody acted on what he had to say.
lowtrawler
12/4/2024
19:17
Where's Wally ?
redhill
12/4/2024
17:43
Dave the horse .. agree 100% . I got slated for selling and putting the cash into FRES and a top up in CEY .. where is that chestnuts guy now ? 🤷‍a94;️
kennyp52
12/4/2024
10:58
Everyone has been robbed twice, once on the takeover and once on the time it takes to get your money with gold and other miners flying before you can get your money out
davethehorse
12/4/2024
08:56
Just sold my last 1.1m shares in Shanta.Decided to sell early rather than get the full bid price.The anger I feel watching gold go through the roof knowing Shanta has been robbed from the shareholders is not worth it on a daily basis.I'm deleting Shanta from the monitor.Hopefully all long term holders here will make a fortune from other investments and fingers crossed, the Tanzanian government will take more or the pie or the gold stops flowing.I've been trading for 40 years but have learned a very valuable lesson from the way this has gone so never again.
fitton
11/4/2024
22:33
At this price, gold is $400 per ounce higher than the average realized price by gold miners in Q4. Currently in Q2, most of the increased margin is falling right to the miners' bottom lines. Shanta management have not acted honourably or in shareholders interests & have now stolen our company after years of private funding they are minting it now. Well done yes voters & lazy institutional investors. You played yourselves & sold a golden goose for a pittance & in doing so shafted shareholders also. lol
source
09/4/2024
14:47
Phillis

I agree it is only the number of shares counted at the meeting but prior to that their was a court hearing.
At this court hearing their had to be a majority of votes cast in favour with only one vote per shareholder.
pi's never realised that their vote would be amalgamated so say HL voted against the resolution that would only count as one vote no matter how many shares were held.
That is the problem with holding shares in nominees names.

redhill
09/4/2024
11:49
You are more than stupid
It is the number of SHARES voted that counts
DOH!

phillis
09/4/2024
11:41
Grounds for appeal ?
redhill
09/4/2024
11:27
Funnily enough we could have scuppered the vote if we knew the rules.
At the court hearing there were some 82 votes for and 37 against.
Now that sounds very low of course but when you put in your NO vote to your broker they amalgamated them so that your broker only had ONE vote at the court meeting.
Having paper certificates for just 47 more people who voted would have got it thrown out.

redhill
09/4/2024
11:24
LT

Wow you sound like you are part of the management team.

redhill
09/4/2024
10:53
colliera / NAV_Mike, I have no trust in the rules of the game, particularly on AIM. However, a vote is a vote and we lost. Every shareholder new the offer was too low and could make up their own minds without listening to Liberum. IMV, small shareholders overwhelmingly voted against but every institution voted for. They were concerned about liquidity, we were not.

As for making available all drilling and financial information. The company will almost certainly tell us the drill results for Tanzania only came this week and were published immediately. If you can prove otherwise, knock yourself out.

lowtrawler
09/4/2024
10:15
Well said.Gold was going in one direction and Shanta were going to be my way of taking advantage the the increasing gold price.Long term plan up in smoke.I'm slowly selling down my holding.I'll be pleased to see the back of Shanta and Zurin.This is my last post, good luck to all
fitton
09/4/2024
10:14
Lowtrawler, I think your post suggests a level of trust in the rules of the game which many now believe is running thin on AIM, and which probably contributes to the market's under-performance of late. Poacher can also seemingly be gamekeeper on AIM. Liberum is both broker and Nomad for SHG.
All their most recent recommendations have been above 30p for Shanta.
On the 13.5p bid "the Acquisition is also classified as a related party transaction for the purposes of the AIM Rules. The Independent Shanta Directors consider, having consulted with Liberum, Shanta's nominated adviser, that the terms of the Acquisition are fair and reasonable in so far as Shanta's Shareholders are concerned."
Something doesn't sit well here with me and many other PI's (yes, we could just be a noisy minority).

colliera
09/4/2024
09:42
LT

All very noble of you but imho all drilling and current financial info should have been in the public domain before a crucial vote was taken. However as you saym it was utimately decided by the major holders who just wanted whatever gave them a rapid exit strategy

Looking at the current gold price it makes me sick to think how much money the thieving parasites will be making at our expense. I only hope that karma strikes in some way to deprive them of their ill gotten gains

nav_mike
09/4/2024
08:47
We're all disappointed to lose but the game is over. Even as PI's we new the drill results for Tanzania would be good and extend mine life. The institutions would certainly know. They voted for the bid anyway. At the end of the day, I think liquidity was a bigger concern to them and the bid gave them an opportunity to exit while they didn't need to worry about liquidity. That's just the way it is. We learn and move on.
lowtrawler
09/4/2024
08:08
Insider dealing?
p@
09/4/2024
08:04
Seems the board were sitting on these drill results. Could be a case for City of London plod.
frogkid
Chat Pages: 2309  2308  2307  2306  2305  2304  2303  2302  2301  2300  2299  2298  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock