ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

ECOR Ecora Resources Plc

-1.80 (-2.21%)
Last Updated: 13:54:47
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Ecora Resources Plc LSE:ECOR London Ordinary Share GB0006449366 ORD 2P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -1.80 -2.21% 79.80 79.20 79.70 81.50 79.30 81.50 334,212 13:54:47
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Coal,oth Minerals,ores-whsl 141.87M 94.64M 0.3670 2.18 206.54M
Ecora Resources Plc is listed in the Coal,oth Minerals,ores-whsl sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker ECOR. The last closing price for Ecora Resources was 81.60p. Over the last year, Ecora Resources shares have traded in a share price range of 69.40p to 125.00p.

Ecora Resources currently has 257,856,157 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Ecora Resources is £206.54 million. Ecora Resources has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 2.18.

Ecora Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 776 to 800 of 800 messages
Chat Pages: 32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/4/2024
08:28
#Cocopops, the buyback is only 59% complete, so 41% to come.. :o)

Q1-2024 results tomorrow morning, see how the deferred Kestrel income stacks up for us..

27.03.2024 - Kestrel saleable volumes from Ecora royalty area in 2024 expected to be 15-25% ahead of the 2023 volumes. Majority of 2024 Kestrel royalty receipts expected in H1..

laurence llewelyn binliner
23/4/2024
08:21
MBK clearly out of his depth and now buyback is complete we really will see the share price fall. Bad luck tends to follow poor decisions.
cocopah
22/4/2024
17:25
Oz minerals had already started building WM, nobody would forecast BHP making a bid, then the Nickel price softening resulting in the new owners making their own decision on a possible pause on the mine build, due diligence is not going to plan for that variable..
22/4/2024
17:19
Like due diligence on WM not going ahead as planned. Hard to see that one coming
dartboard1
22/4/2024
17:14
“To be fair” as you put it … one expects the CEO to have done due diligence and invested at the right price and time … not bet the farm on a generalisation.
cocopah
22/4/2024
15:21
To be fair, it was a clearly telegraphed strategy to move in that direction. All holders had time to sell out before the share price decline if they didn't agree with the path management were taking. Captain hindsight has great investment results.
dartboard1
22/4/2024
14:20
Interesting read albeit from a vested interest … [...] … what a pity our gung-ho CEO chose to bet the house like he did.
cocopah
21/4/2024
17:54
#1Knocker, not much we can do about it really, just have to wait for it to unfold, either way 2024/2025 will be just fine, and our basket of commodity prices are firming up, particularly Copper..

The buyback is just over half way now..

21/4/2024
15:12
That sounds like a 'mea culpa' if ever I heard one, LLB !!
1knocker
21/4/2024
14:25
#The Deacon - BHP 18.04.2024 - as announced in our HY24 results in February 2024, we continue to review our plans for Western Australia Nickel with a focus on preserving cash. This includes optimising operations and maintenance schedules, reviewing capital plans, reducing contractor spend and equipment hire. Our review also includes assessing the potential to place Nickel West into a period of care and maintenance and the phasing and capital spend for the development of the West Musgrave project.

We expect to provide an update on the longer-term future of Western Australia Nickel by the FY24 results in August 2024.

The Nickel price has firmed up well over March/April and will be the key driver on decisions..

19/4/2024
16:04
My hopes of the buyback getting to £1 are not going to materialise. I can see this dropping like a stone as soon as the buybacks are finished. Locked into this for at least three years. It beggars belief that their incompetent social media team are now promoting Kestrel just as it is winding down… you couldn’t make it up! Seems like it’s not just the smug CEO who is out of his depth. 🙄 😫
cocopah
16/4/2024
19:02
A broad red brush day today #1Knocker, 87/88 pence was holding up well, 02.05.2024 for the AGM and the XD date to pick up the next dividend..

The buyback is ongoing, to use (or not), and will be 50% complete tomorrow if they repeat todays purchases (which I am tracking)..

I agree we should have kept Narrabri and the diversification that came with it instead of going all out on the green agenda, we have yet to get paid for it all too..

WM might yet get kicked into the long grass, but we still own the royalty and it will be built sooner or later..

Copper, Nickel, Cobalt prices rebounding well, our Q1 update next week 24th..

16/4/2024
18:33
I confess that I am not optimistic here. The mining industry has broadly taken the view that the green revolution is overhyped. Copper production is totally inadequate to meet the tonnage requiredto come close to fulfilment of the electrification and renewable poiwer generation promises, yet the price of copper has remained pretty flat and investment in exploration and mine development has been minimal. Much the same can be said for the battery metals, save for cobbalt which is in oversupply and its price on the floor.

The CEO seems to have listenned to the hype rather than keeping his eyes and ears open to the sector consensus. Perhaps we should not be surprised, given the name change to the riddiculous Ecora. that should have sounded warning bellls as well as irritating us.

A royalty company absolutely need a CEO who is a realist, driven by the numbers and not hype and setiment. Ah well, some you win, and some you don't.

Time to use any price spike to selll down the holding.

1knocker
16/4/2024
11:14
Looks like South32 buy a pup, can't see any income soon. Paui Nickel & Capstone strapped for cash. Lucky break BHP bought WM but on hold. Simple DD would have shown all this.
giltedge1
16/4/2024
07:48
IMHO this will fall like a stone after the buyback finishes. His smugness (aka MBL) is clueless and incapable of securing good deals. The underlying fundamentals are poor for at least 3 years, if not longer. If this hits a £1.00 I’ll be cutting and running. The HZM news doesn’t bode well either.🫣 9763;
cocopah
15/4/2024
16:56
#Brucie5, has to be said, an excellent turnaround since the dividend cut and buyback was announced from a low of 70 pence, but I do not think this was the sole catalyst, see BRWM for reference..

Although disappointing as an income investor to see the dividend cut in half, it does add USD11M a year to debt reduction/buybacks or new royalty purchases for free..

Next stop 100 pence..? .. :o)

15/4/2024
16:50
The ONLY thing which has boosted this share recently is the expensive BuyBack Program.

Not fundamentals.

The shares are being held in Treasury and are not being cancelled.

When the BUYBACK program ceases - it is in my view highly likely that the share will drift back down.

The recently reduced dividend and poor dividend outlook dictate a lower price.

A good time to sell as the broker independently handling the Program is clearly prepared to pay up to acquire stock.

ALL IMO. DYOR.
QP

quepassa
15/4/2024
16:21
Well very oddly - or not- this has risen above its 200 WMA in fairly short order since cutting the dividend.
I think the oddity lies mainly in the voices of despair which would have urged us all to sell at at 74p. Which kind of illustrates the danger of over actively engaging in buying and selling of what is really a long term income with growth stock, based on the world's growing need for sustainable metals.
The SMA lies somewhat higher at about 95p. I know that charting and income are separate strategies, but simply seek to highlight that they can sometimes have similar results.

brucie5
15/4/2024
14:23
Hello fellow Ecor investor colleagues, I just found this forum and I am very pleased to see that I am not the only active investor Ecora investor although the depressed share price might indicate that^^

Thx for the HZM news, supports my assumption that Piaui won't get build in the near future.

sword77
15/4/2024
09:37
#Starastar.. 27.03.2024 - the buyback programme will commence today 27 March 2024, and end no later than 27 September 2024, with a max spend of USD10M / GBP7.9M, currently we are about 1/3 the way in on purchases by costs, so it could end a good deal earlier, or be dragged out to keep the market there for us...

BRWM is my benchmark for reference, and an overlay shows exactly the same trend, so it is hard to say the buyback is the only catalyst for the share price recovery, but it has certainly helped support the share..

15/4/2024
09:01
What makes you say that re September, LLB? They are a quarter of the way to £10m already...
starastar
15/4/2024
07:29
The HZM update this morning makes for grim reading, they failed to secure funding for their 50% complete Nickel project after a global roadshow and courting 150 parties reduced to 40, they all cited the poor Nickel market outlook and none wanted to take part in a round of funding to finish the project..See how BHP go with their build decision at WM, which directly impacts us..The buyback here is doing a very good at supporting the share price to date, and will run through to end of September..
03/4/2024
17:54
Cut the dividend massively, promise bread and water only for the next few years, and the share price rises. A CEO's job is clearly a lot easier than I thought.
1knocker
03/4/2024
17:28
The price of cobalt has no bearing on whether VB operates or sits idle. Our cobalt stream is a byproduct of Vales nickel sulphide operation.
the deacon
03/4/2024
15:36
VB has taken a year longer than expected to ramp up the new UG mines, our share will double over 2024 into 2025 to c600 tonnes a year and 25-30 deliveries..The S32 deal was expensive, but fine as OZ minerals soon after committed to building WM, BHP taking over was a surprise to everyone, but now we just have to run with the results..Kestrel will run on for 24/25 and some in 26 so we have plenty of time to explore value royalties now commodity prices have cooled off some, fortunately we are loaded up with Copper already which is performing very well indeed, USD4.20/lb today.. :o)
Chat Pages: 32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock