ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

AWE Alphawave Ip Group Plc

-1.00 (-0.57%)
Last Updated: 12:57:04
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Alphawave Ip Group Plc LSE:AWE London Ordinary Share GB00BNDRMJ14 ORD GBP0.01
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -1.00 -0.57% 175.60 175.20 175.80 176.60 171.80 175.00 146,275 12:57:04
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Cmp Integrated Sys Design 185.41M -1.09M -0.0015 -1,172.00 1.24B
Alphawave Ip Group Plc is listed in the Cmp Integrated Sys Design sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AWE. The last closing price for Alphawave Ip was 176.60p. Over the last year, Alphawave Ip shares have traded in a share price range of 94.50p to 193.00p.

Alphawave Ip currently has 707,775,259 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Alphawave Ip is £1.24 billion. Alphawave Ip has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -1172.00.

Alphawave Ip Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1826 to 1848 of 1850 messages
Chat Pages: 74  73  72  71  70  69  68  67  66  65  64  63  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
21/3/2024
10:21
In a way AWE already benefit from this chips act through their partners. It was something I queried with investor relations.
dividevil
21/3/2024
10:12
They may be looking to this with the US listing:
casholaa
21/3/2024
07:39
Good point and if we stay at these low levels, investors need to call for a move to Nasdaq.

When I mentioned this on advfn once before I was met with a chorus of disapproval for all those firms that have moved without the share price rating success they were hoping for....

takeiteasy
20/3/2024
22:44
Some of you will know that Astera Labs had their IPO today. Price was expected to launch at around $32 to $34. It closed today at $64!Their total shares outstanding following the IPO is 135.7 million which at $64 per share gives a market value of nearly $8.3 billion. And thus based on their annual revenue in 2023 of $116 million gives us a P/S of 74.9. Alphawave equivalent price on that ratio would be more than £27. This is absolutely bonkers. I should not be surprise to see Astera Labs price take a tumble in the coming days because if not, it would mean the world doesn't want to make sense to me any more...
dividevil
19/3/2024
00:36
Zam1, It is kind of strange seeing your exuberant posts of optimism only a few days ago to a sudden declaration of never going to buy back in ever again post just now.The FT article was 2.5 years ago! It also had no real substance to it and while it tried to suggest improper party-related transactions, these are actually mentioned plain and clear in the IPO. Alphawave had to reduce their China involvement due to the sensitive geopolitics especially given that their products are at the high end of the technology. Despite this, they have still managed to grow their revenue significantly. The main long term short holder closed their full position back on 5th March and almost certainly at a significant loss (assuming they reported the closing in a timely fashion). The other two with >0.5% short positions are very recent, understandably so, with the 72% rise to 1.93 in the space of a couple of months. Alphawave Semi is not an easy stock to get to grips with and understanding the market it works in is extremely challenging. Well done on the timing of your sell, and all the best with your future plays.
dividevil
18/3/2024
22:55
I no longer hold any in this stockAnd I have no intention of buying back sold at 1.90.Two problems one is shorts are always high and do not go away Dark managed to stabilise share price with some buy backsThe problem is no one seems to believe or trust the numbers regarding the results figures and all the stuff written FT Article does not go away either.This share price will struggle to match the likes of Nvidia etc.
zam1
18/3/2024
11:44
Any updates on results? There's nothing out there.
casholaa
17/3/2024
07:06
hxxps://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/nvidia-blazes-trail-for-3-further-phases-of-ai-investment-opportunity-says-analyst/ar-BB1jYs8Y

Three Subsequent Phases Of The AI Industry
Hammond believed that following the current, first, phase of AI which kicked off in 2023 with the emergence of ChatGPT — and provided Nvidia with huge profits — there would be three subsequent phases of the AI trade offering many investment opportunities.

Phase 2 — Infrastructure: “This will focus on those companies beyond Nvidia that are involved in the infrastructure necessary to build AI,” Hammond said.
This phase included other fabless chip designers such as Broadcom Inc (NASDAQ:AVGO) and Advanced Micro Devices Inc (NASDAQ:AMD), and fab manufacturers like Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) and GlobalFoundries Inc (NASDAQ:GFS).
Also included were manufacturers of chipmaking equipment and data center providers, as well as utilities as the growing demand for chips requires increased electricity.

SO hopefully the market sees us right at the heart of the phase 2 AI oppportunity :)

The offset here is the rising 10 year yield and the flight to quality large cap - and we are stuck I think in a push pull of being in the right industry sector but not mega cap size...and a different risk/reward profile. I am waiting on the results to see the forward guidance before any further decisions.

dyor and no advice

takeiteasy
16/3/2024
14:34
Any thoughts on re- entry point?
seadiver
16/3/2024
08:15
otherwise I wouldn’t have had a nice low entry point...

indeed fallen well back vs. our main US rival and much ground to make up...

dyor and no advice

takeiteasy
14/3/2024
06:33
Johnrxx99 while the London stock market was once the world leading exchange it hasn't been for the last 50 years. The US stock market has dominated ever since. Alphawave fundamentally though is a Canadian company. Its main offices are in Toronto and San Jose California as well as in Bengaluru and Pune in India. It has offices in Taiwan, Shanghai and Israel. Most of its revenues are from the US and APAC regions. Yes they really should have listed on NASDAQ but I guess the selling shareholders saw greater personal benefit doing the IPO in London. Personally, I'm glad they listed in London and had the share price thrashed as otherwise I wouldn't have had a nice low entry point.
dividevil
13/3/2024
17:13
The share price drop this afternoon seem to coincide with the US opening. Most US "AI" stocks are down today. It seems to suggest that AWE now has a bit more attention over there than a few months back.
dividevil
13/3/2024
10:48
Ps the problem with intangible assets is just that -- perceived value at any one time. Auditors have great difficulty with asessing values when it comes to intangibles and certainly so in the UK. Large end of year intangible writeoffs or write downs have a certain familiarity
gregmorg
13/3/2024
10:42
On the move again.
casholaa
13/3/2024
10:36
Don't disagree with most of your comment and can only wait-- but I believe the numbers are more likely to dictate the trend as words in the UK market just do not seem to act as a very good glue for very long. I wish it were otherwise! I note you refer to Marvel Tech which the other day produced its figures but in the second part of its statement did contain a few words of short term caution re its established product mix. I assume that is why it had a small share price setback!
gregmorg
13/3/2024
10:17
Looking at the numbers only can potentially be misguiding. I’m under the impression that UK analysts are not so very well clued up on how silicon IP / fabless semiconductor outfits operate their business. US based analysts seem far more comfortable with it.

Some analysts struggle to understand how to value the company on its intangible assets and goodwill because valuing the IP and technology is something they can’t get their heads around. Same with the amortisation and depreciation.

Marvell valued nearly 39x greater than AWE operate on a P/S of 11.4. If AWE had the same P/S the share price would be £4.30. Marvell have $1.4 billion debt and are loss making due to R&D spend.

US analysts also have no problem valuing Credo at twice the market cap of AWE with only nearly half the revenue generated and are loss making again due to the R&D spend.

Last year’s results and interims were particularly challenging because of what the recent acquisitions brought to the company. Plus opening of new offices, injection back into R&D, and project costs for the opto-electronics products.

dividevil
13/3/2024
09:10
Yes, I found the article highlighting the TSMC link on 3nm chiplets etc for high performance AI systems.No doubt a great partner/customer to have. Looks really exciting but these tech realms rather stretch me. Will see how the numbers develop-- that is likely to give me more of a clue.
gregmorg
13/3/2024
03:03
Another step forward:-
johnrxx99
08/3/2024
22:56
Seems to be heading down needed money for another opportunityI think it has reached maximum for now I could be wrong but did not want to hold long any more hoovering around 190 risk of profit taking Good luck to you all.
zam1
08/3/2024
22:26
Zam1

Good to know you are flexible

This is what you wrote just a week ago.

Sturmey

Achieved 179 next target 220 etc.
Definitely moving in the right direction.
Hold long AI is here to stay.

sturmey
08/3/2024
22:19
Sold today
zam1
08/3/2024
07:28
PALO ALTO, Calif., March 7, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadcom Inc. (Nasdaq: AVGO), a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions, today reported financial results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2024, ended February 4, 2024, provided guidance for its fiscal year 2024 and announced its quarterly dividend.

"We are pleased to have two strong drivers of revenue growth for Broadcom in the first quarter and fiscal year 2024. First, our acquisition of VMware is accelerating revenue growth in our infrastructure software segment, as customers deploy VMware Cloud Foundation. Second, strong demand for our networking products in AI data centers, as well as custom AI accelerators from hyperscalers, are driving growth in our semiconductor segment," said Hock Tan, President and CEO of Broadcom Inc. "We reiterate our fiscal year 2024 guidance for consolidated revenue of $50 billion and adjusted EBITDA of $30 billion."

So network market still seems to be in AI/growth mode centred around supporting the Nvidia type installations.

dyor and no advice etc

takeiteasy
07/3/2024
09:25
Growing with AI demand
Looking forward, I think the stock could surge further as it catches up with the AI world we’re quickly being exposed to. Its management team referred to the business working on “a growing range of advanced connectivity solutions that enable the next generation of AI and cloud infrastructure”.

someone else's opinions - dyor etc

takeiteasy
Chat Pages: 74  73  72  71  70  69  68  67  66  65  64  63  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock