ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

AEET Aquila Energy Efficiency Trust Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Aquila Energy Efficiency Trust Plc LSE:AEET London Ordinary Share GB00BN6JYS78 ORD GBP0.01
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 57.00 55.00 59.00 57.00 57.00 57.00 26,000 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Trust,ex Ed,religious,charty 2.67M 137k 0.0014 464.29 65M
Aquila Energy Efficiency Trust Plc is listed in the Trust,ex Ed,religious,charty sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AEET. The last closing price for Aquila Energy Efficiency was 57p. Over the last year, Aquila Energy Efficiency shares have traded in a share price range of 52.00p to 76.00p.

Aquila Energy Efficiency currently has 100,000,000 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Aquila Energy Efficiency is £65 million. Aquila Energy Efficiency has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 464.29.

Aquila Energy Efficiency Share Discussion Threads

Showing 251 to 274 of 275 messages
Chat Pages: 11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/4/2024
15:53
Indeed! An announcement this month surely. They've already announced final results should be out this month.
hugepants
15/4/2024
15:24
They need to get it off the balance sheet and in my bank account!
cc2014
15/4/2024
15:15
I don't think any of these kind of trusts would get sold at, or around, NAV just now. Especially the ones geared at 30%-50% of which there are quite a few. Interest rates are just too high. At least AEET already has substantial cash on the balance sheet though.
hugepants
14/4/2024
20:47
Tender offer is good but Stifel couldn't find anyone willing to buy the assets at or around NAV. So is that Stifel's fault or is the NAV, which is board is anchored to, too high? Beats me.
gaiusgracchus
01/4/2024
18:40
Yes not exactly helping.
I was buying more last week at approx 55p. I don't understand this 42% discount given the announced capital return and the likely near term additional capital return (later in year?) from the remaining superbonus investments.

hugepants
26/3/2024
13:32
The share price won't be helped by the fact that you can only sell and not buy on the Hargreaves Lansdown web site as the KID is out of date so buying is suspended. Surely Aquila is shooting itself in the foot here!
stagvalley
06/3/2024
16:32
Just been on the LSE website, some big trades went through on the 5th at 53p. Maybe somebody was extremely 'lucky' (or unlucky) yesterday?
The market reaction has been good but maybe there is still doubt in the market about realising the rest of the assets at close to NAV. I can't think of any reason not to tender my full allocation in the offer.

cynicalsteve
06/3/2024
15:10
No nasty surprises at this point.

I guess with no dividends and rates being below the highs, the resilience in NAV is understandable (but not always the norm for a wind down!)

At least we have some visibility now rather than tumbleweed. Not sure when the superbonus cash might land in full though given the 'uncertainty' cited.

cousinit
06/3/2024
14:57
Quite. It was (and is) patently too cheap for the signalled risk.

It was a question of when, and that was a difficult call. But all you had to do was buy a few and forget.

chucko1
06/3/2024
14:57
NAV is up slightly to over 94p and initial tender of £17.5M
hugepants
26/2/2024
14:06
It feels like they've lost interest... hopefully any update after all this tumbleweed will not be that a low ball bid is being recommended
cousinit
26/2/2024
13:59
Yes maybe but it's not clear. I thought we may get an update this month but who knows with this lot.
hugepants
26/2/2024
13:38
I'd also picked that up. I think the original amount touted by 31/3/24 was higher, over £30m? So £24m now factors in some delay from Italy?
cousinit
26/2/2024
13:29
Maybe I'm just thick but are the company contradicting themselves here? From the interims to end June 2023;

"By 31 March 2024, as a result of the expected run-off of certain investments, in particular the Superbonus projects, the Investment Adviser expects the Company and its immediate investment holding entities, to have no less than GBP24.0 million of cash (prior to any dividend or return of capital to shareholders). "

They make the same statement twice in fact but then later in the document there is the following which reads like a delay. (But if so why initially emphasising the March2024 date)

"The Company had committed GBP32.5 million to five clusters of Superbonus projects, as at 30 June 2023, a small increase in base currency terms compared with the position as at 31 December 2022 of GBP33.0 million. The net cash deployed increased from GBP18.1 million as at 31 December 2022 to GBP29.0 million as at 30 June 2023. Significant progress has been made on the 109 individual projects within the five clusters such that construction has been completed on 84 of these projects to date. 40 of these 84 projects have secured their final tax credit accreditation and 9 projects have been fully completed, with payments totalling GBP0.9 million for those tax credits received. However, the ESCOs are experiencing delays in receiving certification that the projects qualify for tax credits and the buyers of the tax credits are taking time to make the payments due. As a result of this, the projects now have a longer maturity than originally forecast. This results in additional interest, currently at the rate of 10% per annum, being earned by the Company on the capital committed and deployed. As a result of the delays, the ESCOs are expecting the majority of the capital deployed to be redeemed by the end of the second quarter of 2024 with final payments expected in September 2024. This compares with their earlier expectation of the majority of capital deployed being redeemed by the end of January 2024"

hugepants
07/2/2024
14:39
Should get an update this month
hugepants
09/1/2024
12:26
I suspect you may be right. Weiss have also been popping up on IT registers and unlike Saba seem to prefer alternatives. Weiss seem to transact in chunks rather than nibbling away.

A number of the yield-y alternatives have started to drift lower after the rally post October (although AEET missed that - I guess the lack of div guidance means even fewer friends). Bond yields seem to have retraced 25-30bp from the lows but are still 100bp below the highs. That should make the underlying assets here a bit more attractive to any potential buyers that the Board are engaged with.

Does feel like a lot of people are back to sitting on the sidelines again so forced sellers can't be too picky.

cousinit
09/1/2024
09:24
If we were in the land of conjecture the buyer has the smell and modus operandum of First Equity and the seller might be Rathbones as they have been selling some other stocks I own at stupid low prices.

Rathbones recently dumped a load of GSF in the mid 60's and it's now 85p. They also dumped a load of TENT at around 55p and it's now 66p. They don't seem to have much of a clue.

cc2014
09/1/2024
09:14
I have been puzzling over these larger trades over the last few months. A considerable number of trades around the 250k size have gone through, yet we've seen no RNS on who is buying or selling.

It seems to look like one buyer who appears to have some form of arrangement with the MM where the buyer says I'll take up to 250k at 56.5p but I'm not paying any more. Once the 250k is filled the buyer seems to go away for a few days or a week or whatever before asking the MM to collect up to another 250k for them.

I do not know who is buying they must by now have 2-3 million shares, possibly many more.

The sells keep coming though and there are only so many options as to where they are coming from. My guess would be a few from either Rathbones or Schroders with a scattering from some of the other smaller institutional holders facing redemptions

cc2014
08/1/2024
23:26
some larger trades going through recently
hugepants
19/12/2023
08:59
Hugepants, thanks for posting offer was skewed, prompted me to add a few yesterday
hindsight
18/12/2023
19:38
It has not bounced because BOTH there has been no recent news of any sort AND there is a merciless seller who just needs to quit a position.

Paying no recent (more?) dividends is a further headwind.

psychochopper
18/12/2023
11:22
Fixed income trusts in general have bounced a bit recently but not this one.
There is currently a very tight spread - 55.25p to 55.3p.

Latest NAV is 93.5p which was at end of June. June to Sept probably saw a further decrease in NAV but that could have been the bottom since alternative trusts have rebounded somewhat. Trying to get a handle on the current NAV, Anyone have any idea as to what current earnings are given its ungeared? 4p per annum about right? I'm hoping NAV not less than 90p currently.

Loads of possible upside here but still no news on realisations.

hugepants
22/11/2023
12:44
It might tell us a lot given the relatively benign current conditions. Famous last words.
psychochopper
22/11/2023
12:20
16 Aug 23
...Accordingly, the process to market test the portfolio sale is commencing today and is being conducted by Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited ("Stifel") on behalf of the Company.

Due an update on this surely?

hugepants
Chat Pages: 11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock