ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

LLOY Lloyds Banking Group Plc

0.20 (0.39%)
23 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Lloyds Banking Group Plc LSE:LLOY London Ordinary Share GB0008706128 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.20 0.39% 51.34 51.26 51.30 51.62 50.88 51.38 118,116,598 16:35:25
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Commercial Banks, Nec 23.74B 5.46B 0.0859 5.97 32.6B
Lloyds Banking Group Plc is listed in the Commercial Banks sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker LLOY. The last closing price for Lloyds Banking was 51.14p. Over the last year, Lloyds Banking shares have traded in a share price range of 39.55p to 54.06p.

Lloyds Banking currently has 63,569,225,662 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Lloyds Banking is £32.60 billion. Lloyds Banking has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 5.97.

Lloyds Banking Share Discussion Threads

Showing 426526 to 426538 of 426550 messages
Chat Pages: 17062  17061  17060  17059  17058  17057  17056  17055  17054  17053  17052  17051  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/4/2024
15:50
Well an article this week suggested that the Labour ‘think tank’ of advisers are recommending that ALL pension income should be subject to National Insurance contributions. I really hope that labour include it in their manifesto as it will alienate every single pensioner in the country. I worked 40 years, paid top rate NI all my working life without a single day of unemployment. I paid NI to fund my state pension - that is why it was set up in the first place - then our illustrious chancellor reduces it twice with a view to abolishing it altogether - DER !!!!
So who do the conservatives think is going to fund future state pensions ????? Personal tax allowances frozen to a point where the basic state pension is on the verge of being taxable for everyone. This country is in a total mess and it is irrelevant who is in Government as they are all incompetent and as bad as each other. If they gave me back all the NI and top rate PAYE tax that I paid for 40 years I would be a millionaire - but no just just a paltry state pension which they then tax my hard earned savings and pensions at 40%. It doesn’t take much to understand why so many people today are happy to live their lives cossetted by the benefits system rather than working hard and saving ! Rant over !

millwallfan
23/4/2024
14:42
NO MENTION OF US RATES ANYWHERE. FUNNY THAT!
mr.elbee
23/4/2024
14:25
It is recognised internationally that politically and economically, the UK is a basket case. This 'New World' order has caught the UK with its trousers down. There needs to be a major alteration how the UK manages the new world order because atm were not handling it very well at all. A good place to start might be some recognition by the MSM of the gravity of the situation.
utrickytrees
23/4/2024
13:58
The globe's populous is on the move, after a period of mass destruction of entire heavily populated towns in the Middle East. Hundreds of millions of people are displaced with no shelter except under canvas tops in refugee camps, not only in Semitic country's but across Africa where entire populations are wholly dependent on food programs for survival. Animal instincts which we collectively share, is too flee to a perceived sanctuary which is the Northern Hemisphere. Population shifts are nothing new, remember the potato famine....the expulsion of entire religious cultures in the Spanish reformation and latterly the Asian ejection from Kampala, master minded by Idi(ot) Amin, uncrowned "King of Scotland"
I'm certain Charismatic Trump with his similar IQ, vocabulary, and personality, modelled himself on similar political buffoonery! Even once portrayed himself as "Saviour of Scotland" in the wind turbine kerfuffle!
Anyway, we are witnessing a new world order emerging after 80 years or so of relative stability and peace!

gotnorolex
23/4/2024
13:49
Utrick
"On the prospect of Anarchy, it will likely be the illegals who prompt it"

Disagree.
It'll be those who follow the religion of peace. Because theyre the ones whose mosques are stockpiled with firearms.

geckotheglorious
23/4/2024
12:51
On the prospect of Anarchy, it will likely be the illegals who prompt it. Unreported by the MSM there were more riots in Paris at the wkend by Arghans, basic looting and hooliganism. These people seem to think that countries like France Germany and the UK have limitless resources to throw at them & when things don't go their way thay take they get angry and smash the place up. Our politicians aren't doing anything to safeguard tax payers by quelling the numbers entering the country illegally so the public will have no option in taking matters into their own hands. Its already starting to happen in Ireland & riots by illegals in London could well prompt our boys into action particularly if Reform get a good showing at the nxt election.
utrickytrees
23/4/2024
12:41
BoE's Pill: first rate cut is 'somewhat closer' than last month
Newsflash: The Bank of England’s chief economist, Huw Pill, is speaking in London now.

And he says that the first cut in UK interest rates is “somewhat closer” than at his last speech, at the start of March… but mainly due to the passage of time since!

Pill begins by telling his audience at the London campus of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business that he doesn’t believe much has changed since his last speech, on 1st March, when he said the BoE was “some way off” cutting interest rates.

Today, Pill argues that the picture has changed little in the seven weeks since.

He says:

In my view, against the background of a welcome decline in headline inflation, the outlook for UK monetary policy in the coming quarters has not changed substantially since the beginning of March.
Pill outlines how events in the Middle East are a reminder of potential external risks (although they haven’t yet had a major impact on energy prices), while the UK’s inflation rate dipped in March, as expected.

Pill explains that the Bank’s monetary policy committee needs to keep policy sufficiently restrictive to ensure inflation falls to 2% and stays there. But, he add, a cut in Bank Rate from current levels would not entirely undo the restrictive stance of policy.

And in conclusion, Pill hammers home his message that a “lack of news” means little has changed between St. David’s Day (1st March) and St. George’s Day (today).

Against a welcome backdrop of declining headline inflation anticipated by the MPC, the flow of conjunctural data since I last spoke on the monetary policy stance in Cardiff in early March has offered modest relevant news. This suggests little need to amend the assessment of the economic, inflation and policy outlook that I offered then.
In Cardiff, I concluded that, while we are making satisfactory progress in returning inflation to target, in my baseline scenario the time for cutting Bank Rate remained some way off.
That justified my vote to keep Bank Rate unchanged at the MPC’s February meeting and underpinned my subsequent decision to vote similarly in March.
The combination of little news and the passage of time have brought a Bank Rate cut somewhat closer. But the same lack of news gives me no reason to depart from the baseline that I already established on St. David’s Day.

jordaggy
23/4/2024
12:34
EU reacts to worsening of situation for Ukraine by preparing for new world war — Szijjarto.

The Hungarian Foreign Minister noted that the participants of the EU foreign and defense ministers meeting "did not challenge the information about the degree of Russia’s arms superiority"

BUDAPEST, April 22. /TASS/. All EU countries acknowledge the deterioration of the situation at the frontline for Ukraine, but Brussels reacts to this by additional arms shipments, which leads to an escalation of the conflict and a new world war, Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto said.

"The situation for Ukraine has been deteriorating almost constantly for the last two years and it has become even worse in the last few weeks," Szijjarto said at the meeting of EU foreign and defense ministers in Luxembourg, noting that the participants "did not challenge the information about the degree of Russia’s arms superiority."

However, he underscored, the EU reacts to this by calling for new arms shipments for the Ukrainian army, while Hungary believes that this makes a peaceful resolution of the conflict ever more pressing.

This is the difference between the conclusions of Brussels and Budapest, Szijjarto explained.

"Brussels reacts to the deterioration of the situation at the frontline for Ukraine by preparing for a new world war," the foreign minister warned.

stonedyou
23/4/2024
12:07
This isnt anarchy.
We aren't quite at societal collapse yet, but we are getting closer. Things get alot worse before it's anarchy. But it wont be long.

Expect such when Labour wins a large majority on low turnout and takes that as a mandate to put the current fake Conservatives woke policies on steroids.

Then,and only then will the collapse come.

Financial collapse, economic collapse, moral and societal collapse with a World War on top and extreme hardship/rationing. Then we will truly see how the "Dig for Britain" mentality has forsaken these shores.

geckotheglorious
23/4/2024
10:37
Scruff1

Because it will take military rule to enable such a policy. No politician has the balls (nor will be backed up by the Establishment, the traitorous civil service if they do)

geckotheglorious
23/4/2024
08:05
I think signing a £600m deal with France to deal with illegals was reason enough to vote the Tories out. Utter stupidity, even more so, given we borrow billions monthly just to keep the lights on here. We can only hope there are annual reviews built in and back out clauses for underperformance.
molatovkid
23/4/2024
07:48
NEVER EVER USE BIG NAME COMPANIES ADVERTISED ON THE TELLY
mr.elbee
23/4/2024
06:54
close to 50p buying average over coming days JP Morgan will be chuffed diku lol
bargainbob
Chat Pages: 17062  17061  17060  17059  17058  17057  17056  17055  17054  17053  17052  17051  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock