ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

CCC Computacenter Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Computacenter Plc LSE:CCC London Ordinary Share GB00BV9FP302 ORD 7 5/9P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 2,516.00 2,522.00 2,528.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Computer Related Svcs, Nec 6.92B 197.6M 1.7312 14.58 2.88B
Computacenter Plc is listed in the Computer Related Svcs sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker CCC. The last closing price for Computacenter was 2,516p. Over the last year, Computacenter shares have traded in a share price range of 2,006.00p to 2,982.00p.

Computacenter currently has 114,141,139 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Computacenter is £2.88 billion. Computacenter has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 14.58.

Computacenter Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1551 to 1572 of 1575 messages
Chat Pages: 63  62  61  60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
18/4/2024
10:30
You can blame me for the share price decline over the last few weeks, after having this share on my watch list for a few years I took the plunge at the beginning of March, the rest is history :(
shallwe
10/4/2024
10:25
The trajectory of this company through the past three years has been really impressive when compared to the tribulations of many others. It barely receives the recognition it deserves.

In particular I note the magnitude of its foreign earnings and wonder whether a transatlantic quotation for its shares might not have become appropriate. The dollar content of its revenue is ~40%, the largest proportion, I would guess. Accounting in USD as a simplification??

boadicea
20/3/2024
20:41
Just realised that my post gave a negative when it was meant to be a positive!
shallwe
20/3/2024
16:22
Very good free cashflow, and cash balance, suggesting buybacks may be possible is share price languishes.

B

battyliveson
20/3/2024
14:51
One negative here. The performance in the UK is disappointing! Revenue is much lower than Germany and US, and actually fell whereas all other geographies rose. And the UK adj pre-tax profit dropped 27%.

They say they are doing something about it, but I don't think they explain the problem. However I will reserve judgement for now and wait for more informed comment!

Edit. And I note they had good overall performance for 5 years from 2016, but relatively flat performance since FY21. I didn't see any mention of a buy-back either (at first reading) although they raised the subject in a trading announcement.

bigbertie1
20/3/2024
10:41
I would buy this.

Here's why: I have read the outlook commentary. It is not negative. On the contrary.
The market Commentary is that outlook is challenging....but it doesn't say that. What it actually says is this (my comments in brackets)

Looking ahead to 2024, in the context of a continuing uncertain macroeconomic backdrop, the Group is well positioned to continue to compete and gain further market share.

(so +ve despite macro)

As anticipated, we expect to see Technology Sourcing volumes normalise in 2024 as some of the high-volume, lower-margin projects we delivered, especially in the first half of 2023, were completed.

(so +ve because they had a lot of low margin stuff which now returns to more norm)

In Services we expect continued growth while inflationary pressures are expected to moderate further.

(+ve)

Overall we expect to make further progress in 2024 with growth weighted to the second half of the year, reflecting a significantly more challenging comparison in the first half of the year than in the second half.

(So 2023 1st half comparitve is hard to beat,not so much for 2nd - this is not comment on lack of performance for 2024. It has nothing to do with that)

Looking further ahead, we are excited by the pace of innovation and growth in demand for technology. With our strength in Technology Sourcing, Professional Services and Managed Services, and focus on retaining and maximising customer relationships over the long term, we believe that we are well placed to deliver profitable growth and sustained cash generation.

(very +ve)

-----------------

Here's what I think. Iread RNS when I am awake and have time to do so. Not so the IIs. A lot of them use AI to scan for keywords (been doing it a while now, some have spophisticated software).

The "challenging" word gets picked up on the AI that IIs use...I have a brain instead.

DYOR as they say. We'll see of the BFs drop once they have digested and chatted with the company I guess. I could be wrong.

thorpematt
20/3/2024
09:43
The half year weighting has been well explained.
Just another mad moment on the market this morning.

boadicea
20/3/2024
09:14
And now another so well deserved negative reaction, although the half-year weighting appears to be a bit heavier than usual.
shallwe
30/1/2024
18:24
Finally a well-deserved positive reaction following last week's encouraging update.
boadicea
24/1/2024
14:55
Possibly the most interesting part of the update is this ...
"Given the strength of our balance sheet, we are evaluating our options. Historically, Computacenter has a track record of returning surplus capital to shareholders when suitable acquisitions are not available."

With the UK market at its currently very depressed level one might have expected a number of cheap acquisitions to have been available to them over recent months.

Adjusted net funds at ~£450m are standing at about 13.7% of market cap, so failing an acquistion there appears comfortable room for a special or materially increased dividend which they seem to be contemplating.

I was pleased to see no mention of the currency headwinds I had factored in to my previous thinking.

boadicea
23/1/2024
17:00
Yes more of a longer-term quality holding for me this one. Any short-term fluctuations in fortunes tend to be top up opportunities. But we will see...
thorpematt
23/1/2024
16:49
Given the recent relative weakness of the dollar I am not expecting anything spectacular tomorrow from U.S. business when translated into sterling although continental/Germany should be ok on that score at least. Margins may depend on the sourcing currency of their sales generally and U.S turnover in particlar.
I like the consistent strategy and reliability of this company as will its customers and whatever the ups and downs of short term issues that may arise I am expecting to stick with it for the ride.

boadicea
22/1/2024
20:08
Very quiet here. Trading update on Wednesday.
bigbertie1
01/12/2023
18:59
>£9m worth of shares traded in the last two hours of trading today.

Is something imminent?

greybroath
30/10/2023
18:51
TRADING UPDATE TODAY IS EXCELLENT.
'Notwithstanding that Q4 is our largest quarter and much remains to be done, we continue to believe FY 2023 will be another year of progress with growth in profitability.'
At the current price of around 2500, the current (Dec 23) year p/e is around 14.5, the RoCE looks like staying at 25%, the dividend yield is around 3% and x2.5 covered, latest publicised net cash was around £165mn (mkt cap is £2.8bn). The business is growing in the US and Germany,overall the markets they serve should continue to expand.
There is conceivably a future overhang from the large shareholdings of the founders Sir Peter Ogden (18%) and Philip Hulme (8%) but I would think these could provide an extremely attractive entry point for either a big investor or a potential buyer if those shares became available for sale.
I am obviously prejudiced as this is one of our biggest holdings but it has been a real star and shows every sign that it will continue to be so.

srichardson8
08/9/2023
17:58
Will be out at £30 if it gets there.
CEO sale in June did not help sentiment here.

justiceforthemany
08/9/2023
15:53
Good to see that some comapanies can give the nay-sayers a kick up the proverbial.
boadicea
08/9/2023
12:53
Hope 'justiceforthemany' has tucked his bib in. There's a very large slice of humble pie to eat.
nk104
08/9/2023
11:47
ComputaCenter plc posted interims for the HY ended 30th June this morning. Revenue was up 26.8% to £3,584.9m, PBT was up 13.9% to £122.8m while EPS was up 13.7% to 76.5p. The Group is on course for its nineteenth year of uninterrupted full-year adjusted diluted earnings per share growth. The balance sheet remains solid with over £300m cash and net funds of £164.8m. Valuation is relatively attractive with forward PE ratio at 12.4x top quartile for the Software & IT Services sector. The fragile macro environment is the main cloud to the investment case, share price also lacks some momentum. CCC is a solid, growing and profitable company worth monitoring for the longer run, but is perhaps still a little early to be buying...

...from WealthOracle

kalai1
08/9/2023
11:39
Can all change in a day... And it did lol
babbler
08/9/2023
09:22
Nice results
phillis
07/9/2023
21:45
Down 12% over the past year. So much for being a growth stock and takeover target.
justiceforthemany
Chat Pages: 63  62  61  60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock