ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

JEFI Jupiter Emerging & Frontier Income Trust Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Jupiter Emerging & Frontier Income Trust Plc LSE:JEFI London Ordinary Share GB00BDR05757 RED ORD GBP0.01
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 94.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Jupiter Emerging & Front... Share Discussion Threads

Showing 226 to 248 of 250 messages
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
14/9/2022
07:43
JEFI - gone.
SGEM - gone.
FEET - going.

A sign of an impending bottom in Emerging Markets? ;)

AJB are now showing JEFI with a value of 3p - curious, is that what they've unilaterally decided is still to come back to us?

spectoacc
05/8/2022
08:57
As I understand it there will be two more payments timing unknown. The last payment is some Russian investment, so probably never! I thought it was approximately 90% but it is hard to find out anything now it is in liquidation
dbskinflint
03/8/2022
07:52
Used proceeds to buy AZN today.
chc15
02/8/2022
19:14
Ah! Had missed that, paid in yesterday. Was that 90%, or "at least" 90%?
spectoacc
02/8/2022
18:50
94p then, not great tbh, oh well. What to reinvest in, any ideas?
chc15
16/6/2022
07:23
1.4m votes against on Monday, but passed by wide margin.

Last NAV 102p, hope to get c.90p of that back at the end of next month, and perhaps another 10p beyond that.

Interesting market to be winding up into tho!

"Assuming the Resolution is passed, it is currently expected that at least 90 per cent. of the Company's portfolio will be realised for cash within three weeks of the General Meeting. In this case, the Liquidators expect to make an initial distribution of the cash proceeds of the liquidation of the Company's portfolio, less the costs of the Proposals and the amount attributable to the Liquidation Fund, described below, on or around 31 July 2022"

spectoacc
01/6/2022
08:37
Well spotted if you are a recent holder. Almost a certainty.
citytilidie
01/6/2022
07:55
Agreed - but they've surely got to wind up, as you say the performance has been singularly naff.

I know where my vote's going anyway.

spectoacc
01/6/2022
07:52
Just had a look at SGEM and still to decide. If you are already a holder then I don’t see what you have to lose . Looking at their history, they aren’t a particularly good dividend payer, and their performance over the last 3-5 years also isn’t that good. I can see why there is pressure on them to be wound up. Potentially a decent return if they do decide to wind up, but if they don’t then I think they will be back down in the v low 70s again with no real chance of share price recovery
citytilidie
31/5/2022
14:46
Fair point - 31st July is expected date for getting money back, the sooner it's in cash, the better. But guess they can't sell things until the vote's gone through on 13th June.

Isn't a lot in it (the divi subtracting from the NAV). Prefer SGEM, tho that's as yet not a definite.

spectoacc
31/5/2022
14:43
A few more buyers waking up to the fact that JEFI will now yield 7 or 8% in a little over a month plus a dividend once these stop trading on June 10th. It would be an added bonus if the Managers sell the Chinese and Taiwan stocks straight away as that reduces the risk on this share to pretty much zero.
citytilidie
29/4/2022
15:26
Agreed. Would invest in neither.
spectoacc
29/4/2022
08:36
No rollover option is now being offered so it a simple wind up of the business and assets almost certainly by June. The NAV value isn’t changing that much day on day so it looks as though they are already on with the sale or transfer of assets. To me, it makes sense to wind it up ASAP as they have fair size holdings in Taiwan and China. They are the ones they should be selling first.
citytilidie
14/4/2022
07:54
It’s the cheapest way to wind up the Company. I’m sure some of Jupiters other funds will buy the majority of the assets, but at current levels, shareholders will be looking at roughly £1 by the end of June. Hopefully more if NAV rises during that time. At current levels, that’s an 8% return in 3 months.
citytilidie
14/4/2022
06:20
No rollover option, seems a little odd - plenty of candidates, and I'm sure all would like a few extra investors.

" Further to the Company's announcement on 8 March 2022 of the Board's intention to put forward proposals for a members' voluntary liquidation of the Company alongside a possible rollover option, the Board has now reviewed a number of proposals for rollover vehicle candidates and has concluded not to offer a rollover option. Accordingly, the Board intends to put forward formal proposals to shareholders to wind up the Company which, subject to shareholder approval of these proposals, will provide all shareholders with a full cash exit less costs. The associated circular to shareholders is expected to be published in May 2022.
"

spectoacc
28/3/2022
14:38
Not sure who’s selling, but if the Stockmarket stays fairly stable, the the Market Makers are currently snapping up the shares at 89 knowing full well they should be able to redeem them at just over £1 in 3 or 4 months time. It’s no surprise that you can’t currently buy any at less than 93p.
citytilidie
09/3/2022
14:29
spec, are punters or to be polite investors, not accounting for the remaining
Russia assets at near zero?, I've taken 5% from reported NAV at a guess,

essentialinvestor
09/3/2022
14:26
Good timing @EI, well done.

Not sure why FTSE up 129, oil down $6, gold down $60 today - I must be missing something, geopolitical situation looks identical to yesterday.

spectoacc
09/3/2022
14:19
Offer at 92.6 now, had not expected such a dramatic move from yesterday's lows.
essentialinvestor
09/3/2022
09:55
89 on the offer now, given scope for possible further falls in markets that's
a parsimonious margin. Could only get 2k yesterday under 86 pence as mentioned.

In saying that I'm assuming their remaining Russia holdings are as good as worthless and deducted
approx 5% from NAV.

essentialinvestor
09/3/2022
09:43
Spec, WB does not appear to hold much for 10 years though these days!.

Markets perhaps overdue a better day, still looks bear market(ish) to me, but very happy to
be wrong on that.

If I had more conviction on upside some beaten up UK retailers like MKS, ABF, may be looking
interesting as a trade idea.

essentialinvestor
09/3/2022
07:23
"Buy what you'd be willing to hold if the stock market closed down for 10 years", to paraphrase Warren B. Seems reasonable for LTBH, tho most of us on here area also punters :)
spectoacc
08/3/2022
15:42
Spec, thought I may be heading for a Woodford crop here, hopefully a trim.

However markets could easily go lower, Russia Ukraine looks absolutely grim and cannot for the life of me see any short term solution. Quite unbelievable it's come to this with nuclear threats, thought we had left all that long behind.

essentialinvestor
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock