ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

BOOT Boot (henry) Plc

-0.50 (-0.28%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Boot (henry) Plc LSE:BOOT London Ordinary Share GB0001110096 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.50 -0.28% 180.00 180.50 182.00 182.00 179.00 179.00 90,490 16:35:29
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Gen Contractor-oth Residentl 341.42M 33.32M 0.2487 7.32 243.85M
Boot (henry) Plc is listed in the Gen Contractor-oth Residentl sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker BOOT. The last closing price for Boot (henry) was 180.50p. Over the last year, Boot (henry) shares have traded in a share price range of 170.00p to 250.00p.

Boot (henry) currently has 133,984,551 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Boot (henry) is £243.85 million. Boot (henry) has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 7.32.

Boot (henry) Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1276 to 1299 of 1300 messages
Chat Pages: 52  51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/3/2024
10:49
Still unable to listen to a replay of the conference call - unless the link is on the IR site - if so, I can't see it.

No buys from any of the BOD post results.

essentialinvestor
26/3/2024
16:22
I think we have to remember that at its heart Boot is a semi-private mini-conglomerate - there's a lot of family interest in the shares and they are quite happy not smashing it out of the park. So the company doesn't do radical MBA type strategic manoeuvres. Arguably, the shares over-achieved ratings-wise under the previous CEO as he had a winning personality and was able to big up the company to the relatively few institutional investors willing to take an interest. His replacement is less engaging and the market is taking a more sober view. As for the land supply business - the company's "super-strength" - the previous CEO was blessed to be there when house prices were booming and owners of land had the advantage, and while I don't think land reform will hugely change the picture - owners and developers are still going to have to ensure their land is chosen over other parcels - house prices have stalled and the market is more in equilibrium. TLDR - the boom times are over and I don't see the internal catalyst for the rating to improve.
eigthwonder
26/3/2024
15:36
No reply of tge conference call available yet, U hoped potential planning reforms might be touched on.
essentialinvestor
25/3/2024
17:22
Won't the BOD have been in a closed period?? If they are going to buy I'd suggest it'll be within this next week or so?? That would help with confidence :)
carpingtris
25/3/2024
14:20
I wonder could this be a factor in John Gladman, not increasing his stake?, or any recent BOD buys.

Wait and see I suppose, but it's not as if a new government can flip a switch and everything resets the next day - these things take time.

essentialinvestor
25/3/2024
14:02
I don't know BOOT's landbank well enough, but it must have at least the potential to kibbosh their business model. Why buy expensively-PP'd BOOT plots, when there's suddenly far easier options.

I personally worry that Labour may make the long-talked-about change where they allow local authorities to compulsory purchase farmland at agricultural value, to then build on.

But difficult to say - the planning system may be unreformable, and if Labour go for a middle ground that may even benefit BOOT (ie make PP easier, without making it too easy).

spectoacc
25/3/2024
13:46
Spec, any view on the point hp made previously, flagging up the potential simplification of planning regs under a LAB government, that may result in BOOT's landbank being far less valuable - potential changes to where you are permitted to build, results in more land being available..
Etc

essentialinvestor
25/3/2024
13:30
i havent had time to dig deep but h2 weighting and the grim outlook ref construction and "changes needed in that sector" make this a poor update on an initial glance. Note its not all negatives housebuilding still tending upwards - but they clearly are struggling to gain traction overall i think.

At least they have reasonably clear objectives and update fairly openly so its all their for us to make our own judgements. Perhaps in construction if they have high expectation of customers they may be losing out to competitors who are happy to take work on (at less than ideal rates?)

I am not unhapy holder but todays update doenst seem great - and i would be less likely to top up that i was yesterday.

Main question is should we be expecting further broker downgrades today ?

rmillaree
25/3/2024
12:11
'NAV³ per share is up by 3.7% to 306p (2022: 295p)'

and we are priced at 180p?

carpingtris
25/3/2024
11:46
“Financial Highlights

· 5.3% increase in revenue to £359.4m (2022: £341.4m) driven by land disposals, property development and housing completions

· Profit before tax of £37.3m (2022: £45.6m) and underlying profit¹ of £36.7m (2022: £56.1m), in line with market expectations and supported by our focus on high quality land and development in prime locations

· Capital employed has increased by 4.5% to £417m (2022: £399m) continuing our stated growth strategy and progressing, towards our medium target of £500m

· ROCE² of 9.9% (2022: 12.0%), rounded, at the lower end of our medium-term target of 10-15%

· NAV³ per share is up by 3.7% to 306p (2022: 295p), due to resilient operational performance. Excluding the defined benefit pension scheme surplus, NAV per share showed an underlying increase of 3.4% to 300p (December 2022: 290p)

· Strong balance sheet, with net debt⁴ of £77.8m (2022: £48.6m) reflecting continued investment in committed developments and selective acquisitions. Gearing at 19.0% (2022: 12.3%) within the optimum stated range of 10-20%

· Proposed final dividend of 4.40p (2022: 4.00p), an increase of 10.0%, in line with our progressive dividend policy, bringing the total dividend for the year to 7.33p (2022: 6.66p)

· We remain confident in achieving our medium term growth and return targets“
The NAV per share is 306p against today’s share price of 182p. That is a massive discount to NAV and the results are very positive. This is a very undervalued share it would appear.

888icb
25/3/2024
11:36
Be lying if I said I'd read it all, but what I did read seems very reasonable.

"So, all in all we are pleased with the way the business has performed, during what for our key markets has been a difficult year. We are now firmly focused on 2024 and our medium term growth targets - which remain very achievable. Whilst there is a path to lower inflation and reduced interest rates the expected recovery is very likely to be weighted towards the second half of the year."

"Not surprisingly, we do not have clear visibility on how all of this will unfold and, with key transactions to execute and complete this year in both land promotion and development, we expect 2024 results will be heavily second half weighted."

I'm not sure I've ever seen a co describe their balance sheet as "..Rock solid.."!

"Our balance sheet remains rock solid...".

So for me - BOOT are very well placed for when the market turns, but neither they nor us know when that is. Also, does that make them good value at £2.50, £2, £1.50, £1? I've no idea. I've a suspicion they're a little high atm, due to expectation of a recovery that isn't baked-in yet.

That may just be wishful thinking, wanting to get back in lower.

spectoacc
25/3/2024
10:46
Any thoughts foljs on the outlook?.
essentialinvestor
26/2/2024
18:24
* board of directors.
essentialinvestor
26/2/2024
18:21
when you say BOD do you mean them board ?

i would presume the board here have not really been big share buyers over the years anyway ? so i would not expect them to change things now by buying in bulk. so i dont really look at lack of buying as being meaningful either way.

Ok there was some buying during covid - but what else is a board member gonna spend their wages on if they cant leave the house?

rmillaree
26/2/2024
15:15
Still no BOD buying, unless some developments behind the scenes which are preventing this?..not the most optimistic of signs.
essentialinvestor
17/2/2024
15:57
This might be a viable swing to trade though.
hpcg
01/2/2024
19:42
Fair point, suspect with their long experience of the cycle, they know things will get worse before they get better.
spectoacc
01/2/2024
19:12
No BOD buying post update.
essentialinvestor
24/1/2024
12:42
John Gladman, who holds about 9% of the business, does not appear to have sdded since June '23.
essentialinvestor
23/1/2024
11:17
hp, planning reform not necessarily a definite downside for BOOT.

BOOT currently own, or have options over 100,000 plots, of which they have planning permission on only 8,000.

You could make a case reform will increase availability of land, however it 'should' also reduce cost and complexity in a (current) lengthy planning process. We need to see exactly what is proposed by the next Labour government and how this will work in practice.

It is however worth highlighting as a longer term development to mindful of.

The recent sale to Vistry took 20 years from an initial option to purchase, with Boot still retaining some of those plots.

essentialinvestor
23/1/2024
09:43
I'm not sure how anyone could think this was a good trading update. That is aside from the existential threat that planning reform has to the strongest part of the business. Aside from that, this is dead money for the next 12 months when there is a world of opportunities out there in companies that are either going great guns now or will recover first.
hpcg
23/1/2024
09:41
Business wise it’s obviously going to be a tough year but if the market is right on inflation/interest rates these shares will be usefully higher in 12 months time imo
daneswooddynamo
23/1/2024
09:25
One of the many irrationalities of the stock market - share price falls in advance because everyone expects a profit warning, and then falls again when the the warning is confirmed. Of course, this all provides a good opportunity for patient investors with a long time horizon, but I agree that BOOT will probably remain weak for the next year or so.
riverman77
23/1/2024
09:21
Read beyond the 18th paragraph, it's a stonking p/w.
spectoacc
Chat Pages: 52  51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock