ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

PRSR Prs Reit (the) Plc

-1.30 (-1.66%)
Last Updated: 13:15:20
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Prs Reit (the) Plc LSE:PRSR London Ordinary Share GB00BF01NH51 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -1.30 -1.66% 76.90 76.30 77.00 77.40 75.90 77.40 303,556 13:15:20
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Real Estate Investment Trust 51.35M 42.45M 0.0773 9.91 420.73M
Prs Reit (the) Plc is listed in the Real Estate Investment Trust sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker PRSR. The last closing price for Prs Reit was 78.20p. Over the last year, Prs Reit shares have traded in a share price range of 65.50p to 88.50p.

Prs Reit currently has 549,251,458 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Prs Reit is £420.73 million. Prs Reit has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 9.91.

Prs Reit Share Discussion Threads

Showing 251 to 275 of 275 messages
Chat Pages: 11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/4/2024
12:25
Yes and the average rent charged on the PRSR portfolio is only 23pc of the average gross income of the tenants so very affordable and hence more defensive or stickier, providing more reassurance on the dividend.
pdosullivan
11/4/2024
12:13
lots of posters making good points but to me the big ones are:

. residential rents generally DON'T come down
. interest rates are likely to come down in the UK soon

it's the hoped for effect on the share price of lower rates that has got me in here.

Asagi (long PRSR)

asagi
11/4/2024
11:18
3 Bed new build semi attached in NW on rightmove about £220K as move south increases to £300K at least. Point is valuation conservative, also factor in starting portfolio from scratch, finding land, planning permission headache, finding builder, why bother?, when you can buy this company for £1.20 thereabouts. Not saying it will happen soon, but on a 3 year view £0.79 to £ 1.20, + 5% while you wait = IRR over 20%, in 2 Years 30%.
giltedge1
10/4/2024
06:59
@Smithers1 - "With interest rates where they are and debt priced accordingly I do not think the model is viable any longer."

That, in a nutshell.

Particularly considering the business model relies on continually adding new units, something now not possible, to avoid cliff-edges of CapEx in future. BtL property depreciates, fast. (Degrades, may be a better word).

I've been banging on about fees on REITs for ages - LXI was a classic example, why shouldn't they take c.£14m pa for managing a portfolio of over a billion quid? Er, because as a % of earnings, that £14m is massive, just as at PRS. It's not 1%, it's 25%, when judged on earnings.

Worse, the CapEx is on top. Before the 4p, but still - that's where the problems are.

Agree with those who say sell it - there's pension fund etc demand, take advantage.

spectoacc
09/4/2024
22:59
Giltedge1 agreed. Taking £102m of debt at 6.04% in July last year was a mistake and dilutive as the properties yield less than that after allowing for maintenance and property management costs. It's fixed for 15 years so paying that off early will be expensive.

The shorter term variable rate debt is also an issue. £59m was drawn at 31st Dec at a blended rate of 7.6%.

With interest rates where they are and debt priced accordingly I do not think the model is viable any longer. When PRS REIT secured long term fixed debt tranches at 2.76% and 3.14% it was accretive but with these properties throwing off net income yields of 4-5% debt at 6/7/8% is dilutive.

The investment adviser fee currently amounts to 1.08p per share. With a 4p (not yet fully covered) dividend the fee is significant. I think it needs to be reduced but also if more equity is raised, the IA fee should not be charged on any cash portion of NAV as has been the case to date. It has taken the best part of 7 years to deploy the equity and debt raised to date. If more equity is raised the IA fee moving forwards should only be charged against the value of completed investment properties contributing to NAV. The IA has to date charged its fee against the cash element within NAV as well as the apportioned value of UNCOMPLETED homes which always struck me as generous given they also receive a 2% delivery management fee for overseeing the build of the homes. In that context I think the fee structure has and continues to be an issue.

smithers1
09/4/2024
18:42
thats right makinbucks - i confused my figures with the MV per unit rather than NAV.
arbus5000
09/4/2024
18:20
PRS REIT has only just about gotten to 1x dividend cover on a run rate basis. A scenario where it launches a rights issue and layers on more debt to finance the construction of more houses means we likely have another couple of years of sentiment being dampened by an uncovered dividend and development risk. An outright sale at 1x NAV is preferable to that scenario.
pdosullivan
09/4/2024
18:01
In the interim results published last month there were 5,264 completed homes and £1,080,058k of investment property on the BS. That's £205,178 per unit. Still seems reasonable but apparently more than you calculated arbus500.
makinbuks
09/4/2024
17:55
i very much doubt that the fees are the main cause of the ~50% discount, but who knows!
arbus5000
09/4/2024
17:36
I would say opposite we are being milked high fees, sell £100m & pay off expensive revent loan 7%. Glad you mentioned valued at discounted cashflow. Our portfolio valued at £190k per property. Went on Rightmove & searched for 3 beds new builds in North, well over 190k, more like 250k. Also some in more affluent areas south so higher prices for those. Looks like a compelling value play for the patient. Happy to collect divs, while rents are rising & likely takeover over £1.
giltedge1
09/4/2024
17:30
i agree wth your analysis makingbuks, the rise in interest rates has killed demand for PRS, which is yielding 5.12% right now at current prices. Its likely to be this that has caused a discount.

The average cost of the houses in the PRS is in the low £100K, so i am confident that the nav could easily be realised in a sale scenario.

With rents rising 10% for new rents - this is equivalent of 500 new builds when the contracts renew!

arbus5000
09/4/2024
16:33
Yes I agree, but you have to be realistic. Managers need to grow assets under management and profits too. As we approach the end of the initial 5,500 home portfolio its inevitable they look to what comes next.

The point about the "discount" is that the market simply doesn't believe a NAV based on modelling the present value of future cash flows. The acid test is whether a house or a portfolio of houses can be sold in the open market at that value. The model contains a whole set of assumptions about the future all of which carry risk.

On top of that we face the macro issue of interest rates. Alternative income shares like this were popular when a deposit account paid a fraction of 2%. Now you get 5% with a FCA guarantee up to £85k. That has killed demand for this

For balance, lets not forget that the directors are small holders too and the manager owns a chunk, so they would be hit by any dilution as well. To be honest if a new capital raise were in the form of a rights issue, I'd support it. What I'm dead against is an institutional placing

makinbuks
09/4/2024
10:14
Portfolio large enough, no need to build more with expensive debt. Board needs to maximise cashflow, cut costs especially mgt fees & find a buyer close to NAV. NAV realistic & new builds so minimal maintenance.
giltedge1
08/4/2024
22:27
a capital raise for some new builds is not a bad idea, however with the share price trading at a discount larger than 50%, it does not make sense to raise equity capital at this point in time.
arbus5000
08/4/2024
21:53
Agree. An exit anywhere close to £1.20 would be a good result. Citywire published article today noting the dividend is still only 90% covered. Unfortunately I think the Investment Adviser is pushing for a further equity raise as Investor's Chronicle reported. Sigma Capital signed an agreement with Countryside/Vistry in Feb to build a further 5,000 properties over the next 5 years. Clearly to support a conversation with the major shareholders about raising more equity. Not good for smaller shareholders given the discount to NAV
smithers1
06/4/2024
10:26
To be honest, a sale at the latest published NAV - where the shares have never traded as high as - would likely be the best outcome. Most shareholders are presumably income oriented and there are lots of companies offering stronger yields in this market. Maybe someone like LLOY's Citra would be interested in buying us
pdosullivan
05/4/2024
15:47
Be interesting to see - they've seemingly mooted a fundraise, and perhaps been knocked back. Could be a great move to sell a portfolio of the houses, proving the NAV, and simultaneously buy more to spread out the CapEx cliff edge. I might even buy some if they did that ;)
spectoacc
05/4/2024
15:42
Do nothing, increase borrowing, raise capital at a discount, partner with a second fund marketed directly to the professional market, sell a portion, sell the lot and wind up
makinbuks
05/4/2024
15:39
But what are those options/alternatives?
spectoacc
05/4/2024
15:34
Well for sure it implies they consider a phase in the funds life is coming to an end. Other than that I don't think it suggests one option over another, simply that they are setting out the alternatives and consulting shareholders on what they would like.

To me the problem is the discount. Do we believe the NAV is the question. Disposing of some houses at above valuation would prove it and narrow the discount. Obviously HOME is a unique situation, nothing to do with PSR but on this point I think there is relevance to what they are seeing as market prices in comparison to modelled ones, ie they don't hold up.

makinbuks
05/4/2024
06:43
Out of interest, what do holders think "...Speaking to its shareholders about its next move" implies?
spectoacc
04/4/2024
19:31
reckon that's right MakinBuks? The IC doesn't outsource editorial control to subjects and would surely only amend if they acknowledged their article was erroneous or misleading to IC's readers.

But I know nothing of it.

Asagi (long PRSR)

asagi
04/4/2024
17:31
Id guess its just a simple case of not thinking the journalist has fairly quoted you and requesting a change. Sounds like the IC fought its corner and the annotated amendment is the negotiated outcome
makinbuks
04/4/2024
15:50
Ha, so either some shareholders kicked up a fuss, or more likely PRSR discovered it wasn't an option after all.

But still open-ended - what else could "..Speaking to shareholders.." involve?

spectoacc
04/4/2024
15:39
Very interesting - the Investors Chronicle article has been amended. It now says "The company knows [it does not have cash to build more houses] and told Investors' Chronicle it is speaking to its shareholders about its next move" with a footnote adding - This article has been amended to clarify the nature of PRS REIT's discussions with shareholders
pdosullivan
Chat Pages: 11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock