ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

BSV British Smaller Companies Vct Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
British Smaller Companies Vct Plc LSE:BSV London Ordinary Share GB0001403152 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 80.00 78.50 81.50 80.00 80.00 80.00 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Trust,ex Ed,religious,charty 15.84M 12.24M 0.0507 15.78 192.99M
British Smaller Companies Vct Plc is listed in the Trust,ex Ed,religious,charty sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker BSV. The last closing price for British Smaller Companie... was 80p. Over the last year, British Smaller Companie... shares have traded in a share price range of 75.50p to 81.50p.

British Smaller Companie... currently has 241,239,184 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of British Smaller Companie... is £192.99 million. British Smaller Companie... has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 15.78.

British Smaller Companie... Share Discussion Threads

Chat Pages: 1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
18/1/2023
23:23
No sign of the dividend arriving in Barclays Smart Investor accounts yet.

One week after the payment date.

Was it paid?

wilwak
14/9/2020
09:59
There is a detailed report on British Smaller Companies VCT's recent AGM which can be found in our members area here:

To access the report, you'll need to be a full member of ShareSoc, which is a not-for-profit organisation that supports individual shareholders and campaigns for shareholder rights. If you're not already a member you can join here: hxxps://www.sharesoc.org/membership/

Once you've joined, you'll receive an invitation to register for our "members network" private social network, from where you'll be able to access the report (and reports on 100s of other meetings). If you're already a member and have any difficulty accessing the report, please do not hesitate to contact us here: hxxps://www.sharesoc.org/contact-us/

sharesoc
11/2/2018
08:43
Will do, I believe my friend holds this primarily for its tax advantage. Thanks Steve.
mazarin
11/2/2018
08:10
You can buy as many as you want in the open market, but you don’t get 30% VCT tax relief on open market purchases. I have occasionally bought in the open market to secure priority in allocation in the more successful VCTs, or where there was a silly discount between share price and NAV and possible catalyst for change...nothing on my radar at the mo. If you want to research VCTs suggest you initially visit, lemonfool, and read all the Venture Capital Truct threads there from the last 12/15 months. Cheers.
steve3sandal
10/2/2018
23:31
Thanks Steve, am I to understand that few or none can be bought on the open market? I did know about the recent offering and also believe it was over-subscribed to the disappointment of a few existing holders. Perhaps, on reflection this may not be for me. Appreciate your response.
mazarin
10/2/2018
22:58
Mazarin, I saw your post while I was idly trawling and as I hold a few I thought what news. I have had a good run here subscribing twice for new issues and associated tax relief. Not one to buy I think in the open market. I recently sold out my second tranche after 5 year tax holding period as I viewed the portfolio now to be quite immature, lot of cash to be invested in growth cos which is risky, and the announcement that dividends will be thinner on the ground. Wrong to say this was a one horse wonder but most of the returns were generated by Go Outdoors, since sold. Not likely to fund raise for the foreseeable. I have just a few left which I will review idc when the DRIP shares reach 5 years. The fall in the share price is pretty much entirely due to dividends from capital not poor performance of the holdings.
steve3sandal
10/2/2018
12:58
Is anyone holding or even following BSV. This has recently been suggested to me as a likely investment opportunity and whilst I like 'lightly commented threads' this one looks like a very 'lonely place'? A single post in over 1 year has got be something of a record for ADVFN. So I would appreciate some comments on the Fund's potential for growth and dividend performance. I'm not over impressed with current remuneration of management.
mazarin
28/6/2017
15:55
See our latest blog post on Enormous Management Fees at British Smaller Companies VCT at:
sharesoc
Chat Pages: 1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock