ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

BBGI Bbgi Global Infrastructure S.a.

-0.40 (-0.32%)
Last Updated: 09:59:45
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Bbgi Global Infrastructure S.a. LSE:BBGI London Ordinary Share LU0686550053 ORD NPV (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.40 -0.32% 126.20 126.40 127.60 127.00 126.20 126.80 276,117 09:59:45
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Finance Services 83k 119.04M 0.1665 7.58 902.06M
Bbgi Global Infrastructure S.a. is listed in the Finance Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker BBGI. The last closing price for Bbgi Global Infrastructure was 126.60p. Over the last year, Bbgi Global Infrastructure shares have traded in a share price range of 121.00p to 157.00p.

Bbgi Global Infrastructure currently has 714,787,000 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Bbgi Global Infrastructure is £902.06 million. Bbgi Global Infrastructure has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 7.58.

Bbgi Global Infrastructure Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 73 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/2/2024
22:07
Like INPT too Don't like HICL relative to BBGI (low risk) and INPP (higher risk but better priced) Though when you dig into valuation assumptions on BBGI they aren't so expensive - eg they are very conservative on future inflation
williamcooper104
15/2/2024
20:16
Of similar risk profile I like INPP, and for a little more risk, more potential cap gain PINT.
nexusltd
15/2/2024
19:30
Now topvest & specto has put a bottom in :-( (suspect the divi news today had some effect too) are there any others of similar risk profile to look at ?
hindsight
12/2/2024
16:36
I've picked up a few more today. From a chart perspective it seems to be starting to level off. Near 7% yield on these assets and a 15% or so discount is very attractive in my view. There was a 20%+ premium a year ago and until recently its always been on a premium since IPO. In a few years time this will likely be a good buy point. It's difficult to think of anything that could go wrong really with the portfolio as its bullet proof and they use a conservative valuation - prudent assumptions and no portfolio premium (i.e. its a sum of parts valuation). The only negative was one of the joint CEOs stepping down, but he is at retirement age. Anyway, I probably have enough for now. I've got a pretty much full size initial position, but might still be tempted for a few more. I just can't find anything as attractive as this on a risk reward basis - i.e. very low risk, no debt risk and c10%/annum reward. Renewables are getting a bit more bumpy, given gas prices now being down 40% in the last year, so I'm laying off on those until we get year-end results.
topvest
12/2/2024
12:54
'But BBGI does look cheap, unless there's a nasty hidden within it.' Indeed, the question is, what might the hidden nasty be? My hunch is perceived tremors within the EU in view of growing unrest. That aside, there have been signs of hefty buying over the last few days as perhaps part of a shift towards 'bond' related instruments. We are certainly seeing a retest in Treasury/Gilt pricing.
fabius1
12/2/2024
12:20
Bought a few, grr. It nearly always goes wrong when I'm negative on a stock, patient, then eventually pull the trigger. ADIG a great example, LTI another.

But BBGI does look cheap, unless there's a nasty hidden within it.

spectoacc
12/2/2024
11:44
Seller in full flow again. Have rolled some more TN25 into these
hindsight
09/2/2024
14:47
Near 7 divi yield that's growing with next to no refi/interest rate risk BBGI is one of my top holdings Bought for boredom; when HICL started getting a little less boring Not disappointed
williamcooper104
09/2/2024
14:46
Fortunately BBGI just shares a couple of ticker letters with DGI19
williamcooper104
09/2/2024
14:17
Agreed - some whole sub-sectors have come unstuck, eg HOME/SOHO/CSH, or GRID/HEIT/GSF.

Drop me a message if you find anything interesting - and check out SEIT perhaps.

spectoacc
09/2/2024
13:42
Yes, I think they are just trying to follow the herd. It will end in disaster for the bubble its creating. I have put in a VCT application today, but want to take a look at income value over the weekend. There are some wonderful bargains if you focus on oversold equities where the dividend is very well covered. BBGI is a good example. Nearly 7% dividend yield for the lowest risk alternative on the market. Some financials are super-cheap as well. On alternatives, I think investors have been scared by some big disasters, so best to stick to the quality names with long track records.
topvest
09/2/2024
12:56
Picked up a handful of BBGI in the accounts of others; still can't quite pull the trigger for myself (not helped by having a DGI9 catastrophe).

IMO these baffling markets are down to funds/asset managers selling. There's quite a few RNS's going through on some. If it's a stock they're not selling/don't hold, then happy days. If it's one where they're selling say 10% of the equity - then ouch. They don't seem to care all that much about price.

Not saying that's definitely BBGI, but has been some strong volume just recently.

spectoacc
09/2/2024
12:08
Markets are baffling me. Quality income stocks are being sold off like they are rubbish. M7 going through the roof. I don't think I have ever known such value in one end of the market and such stupidity at the other end. Unless I am missing something!
topvest
06/2/2024
12:22
Or things (the risk-free) have changed.

Other problem is Opportunity Cost - CLI, ORIT, CREI all leaping at me this morning, tho not quite enough to catch.

@topvest - absolutely, the US (or rather, the magnificent 7) are in an epic bubble. Loved the stat, which I'll now mess up, that just the increase in value in two of them (was it Meta and Amazon?) on results day last week, was more than the entire combined market cap of BP and Shell.

If that ain't a bubble, I don't know what is. BP/Shell aren't a pair of provincial UK co's.

Have you read Albert Edwards and his Ice Age (tm) thesis? Seems to posit one final hurrah - rates cut right back down again, bonds hugely outperforming - before central bankers & govnts begin to monetise the debt.

What concerns me is, the debt load is still growing faster than either GDP growth or productivity. How's it going to be paid off, how can it ever be reduced? It can grow forever, if GDP/productivity is doing well.

Apologies for OT. Still not an owner of BBGI.

spectoacc
05/2/2024
16:49
Yes, getting very over-sold. Herd like behaviour of wealth managers switching to the M7 no doubt. Alternatives have not done well for them in the last 12m - infact they have been the worst performing category other than China. Nevertheless, this gives a 6.5% yield rising with inflation on a discount for an incredibly low risk high quality portfolio. Compare that with c4.5% on gilts and an almost guaranteed capital loss on US AI stocks when the reality strikes home... I know where I would rather be invested. Actually, I'm still keeping a high short-term gilts exposure until the yield curve plays out into recession (I don't believe the consensus) and buying modest amounts of alternatives and UK equity income investment trusts for things I want to hold forever.

Has anyone ever thought that China may be where the world economy is heading? Global markets seem to be ignoring any contagion risk, the dire state of the US deficit, the still massively inverted yield curve, two wars, inflation, the fact that we are certainly overdue a recession etc. etc. the list just goes on and on! The US market is incredible - it just goes up and up and up. Beware!

topvest
05/2/2024
12:30
Thanks. Suspect the sector would be like the REITs - selective bids, mostly below NAV (CSH; CTPT, EPIC; API).

I thought the endless inst (presumably) selling would have run its course by now, but there's more Opportunity Cost than ever out there.

Some of these very cheap for very good reason, and some (eg SEIT) I hold, but for eg from watchlist:

SEIT
TENT
GSF
GRID
HEIT
TRIG
BBGI
GCP
ORIT
CLI

Most at prices I wouldn't have expected to see other than in a market crash.

God knows what they'll be if we get one.

spectoacc
31/1/2024
13:49
Just to be clear - I'm not holding for a bid. I'm more than happy to hold and collect for 10 years+. It just got me thinking that the alternatives sector is probably going to start attracting bids, as the private market value of assets is higher than publicly listed vehicles on a discount. This vehicle is not the cheapest, but it probably has the highest quality low risk assets. Pension schemes would potentially be interested in this at 150p+ as it offers a high quality cash flow for a long duration.
topvest
31/1/2024
13:20
Never been a holder, but not sure it's particularly attractive as a bid target at a premium, particularly as that wouldn't be much of a bump for shareholders (particularly early shareholders).

Rate expectations revision still has a way to run too IMO - got completely daft, eg "..Up to 6 cuts in UK in 2024".

Yield not that sparkling, considering what largely risk-free ERNS currently pays me.

Have never held BBGI, but have had eye on it as being the quality play. Most likely I'll fail to ever buy, unless it gets a bump down on eg something geopolitical.

spectoacc
31/1/2024
12:56
Yep back to fair, as said above got too rich for me
Rolled some TN25 back into these

hindsight
31/1/2024
12:38
I just keep buying these at the 130p level. It's just such a low risk quality asset on a 10% discount and 6% well covered dividend yield. They could well get taken out by a pension scheme at a premium, if the discount continues in my view. The dividend yield is also starting to get very attractive as short-term gilts slip well below 5%.
topvest
27/12/2023
10:14
Also BBGI calculate their NAV using the most conservative assumptions on inflation out of HICL and INPP plus they are internally managed
williamcooper104
27/12/2023
10:12
Maybe but don't forget the divi rise It's a great long term hold and forget, no drama stock
williamcooper104
27/12/2023
10:09
Too rich for me now, gone from too pessimistic on rates outlook to too optimistic
hindsight
Chat Pages: 3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

Support: +44 (0) 203 8794 460 | support@advfn.com