ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

KTS Knowledge Tech

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Knowledge Tech LSE:KTS London Ordinary Share GB0003353371 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.25 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Knowledge Technology Solutions Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3501 to 3524 of 3525 messages
Chat Pages: 141  140  139  138  137  136  135  134  133  132  131  130  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/2/2009
23:49
Click here for a NEW THREAD
steelwatch
28/2/2009
21:24
For those who are still shareholders, the name has now changed to Arcontech plc, the ticker is not KTS.L but ARC.L - do not confuse with NYSE:ARC...
sjcsystems
19/2/2009
00:37
God knows, this only complicates issues. KTS are silent, probably no one left to say anything anyway, so why we need another thread to look at I don't know.

Rumour that they have lost a client of their CFD trading platform, will confirm if I can.

sjcsystems
18/2/2009
10:16
why start a new thread? my thread had charts and news? why no comment either? Are you bored Wiganer?
bluenose851
13/2/2009
09:05
when will there be any news on kts.
baile50
11/2/2009
00:30
PATSystems announced good results on Tuesday and their share price responded accordingly. Pity the feel good factor of KTS also having the same Chairman didn't materialise.
sjcsystems
24/1/2009
10:57
You seemed to take my comments too seriously jabberstocky.
Well it was actually irony - or was it sarcasm.
Perhaps its ironic sarcasm - all thats left after writing off ones money.

53tom
23/1/2009
17:09
Excited about 120% its actually only 3 * spread.
jabberstocky
23/1/2009
17:04
120% rise at end of day - incredible.
But being realistic diddly squat doubled is still diddly squat.
But for someone to put 4000 pounds into this they must either know something pretty certain OR be off their heads.
Unless of course they hit the buy button by mistake for the sell button.
If not a mistake then my money is on a director buy.

53tom
23/1/2009
15:34
wonder why the rise.. it could be because:

-Mms want rid of stock
-Good news
-Bad news

Who knows?

powwow
23/1/2009
13:09
Well at least you didn't buy bank shares.
Would never laugh at others losses arab3 - hope for both our sakes it recovers.
But at best it will take time.
Hopefully the buy IS a director and a sign of confidence.
Awaiting a RNS to hopefully confirm.
Good luck

53tom
23/1/2009
13:04
give you a laugh 53tom
i bought these at 8p years ago

arab3
23/1/2009
12:56
Miracle upon miracle.
We are up 100% and are at top of riser board.
Never thought I would be saying that.
100p here we come!

53tom
23/1/2009
09:56
Well - a MIRACLE KTS is up 20%!!
Someone has bought £4000.00 worth - a brave punter or a director who has better information?
i have written off any money here.

53tom
21/1/2009
17:14
Pity we can't change the thread name here...what a mess.
I thought the AGM was supposed to change the name to remove KTS ? No news is bad news. Very disappointing considering that there is such huge growth still in spread betting and CFD trading.

sjcsystems
21/1/2009
15:51
the 2 x 12m trades have been deleted.

Anyone any idea what's happening (or not)?

steelwatch
21/1/2009
12:47
redundancies - thats unfortunate for all of us.
Now it dropped by a third to be even more worthless than it was!
25 million shares sold at o.o5p
Wonder which large investor was forced to sell at such a pitiful price.
Whoever it is they must be in a bad way.

53tom
19/1/2009
13:56
Four redundancies in recent times...
sjcsystems
18/12/2008
17:23
Pillow - what are you talking about here?
If it's the AXE platform then it isn't new really.

sjcsystems
11/12/2008
08:57
more proof that pillow doesnt have a clue what he is talking about. Road safety!!! Idiot!
bluenose851
10/12/2008
16:41
New System under development will certainly be a major contribution to road safty over the coming decade.
pillow
28/11/2008
08:28
Interims around end of March.
steelwatch
28/11/2008
08:25
Chief Executive's Review

This is my first review following the departure of my predecessor and my appointment as CEO earlier in the year.

It has been a period of great change and challenge. Nonetheless, we are emerging with a more focussed product range and see signs of forthcoming recovery in performance.

The implementation date for the much discussed Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) passed without the anticipated increase in demand for technology and related services. For KTS/Arcontech however, MiFID provided the opportunity to work jointly on the real-time web portal for Borse Berlin's Equiduct, the new Pan-European stock exchange, which went live on 4th April. Although the return from this contract was disappointing, it has enabled us to develop additional direct exchange connectivity components and know-how that add to our capability in core business areas.

The withdrawal of KTS from the MarketTerminal business was expensive in terms of management time but nonetheless has been achieved within the provisions made. The associated staff and infrastructure reductions means that the Group will move forward with a lower cost base, focussed on the proven Arcontech product range and with the opportunity to incorporate the MarketTerminal intellectual property.

We have continued to invest and advance AXE, our on-line trading system platform. We now have broking clients running this platform live, in both spread betting and Contracts for Difference, servicing customers in Europe and the Middle East. The last report mentioned the Hichens Harrison contract win and I am pleased to report that their AXE system is now trading successfully.

Growth in the major retail margin trading firms has been strong and we watch with interest the moves from the London Stock Exchange and other markets towards on-exchange CFD trading. This could further stimulate demand for the margin trading technology that AXE provides as more firms see the benefits of offering margin products directly to their retail clients but also via brokers as a 'White labelled' service, a strong feature of AXE. We look forward to developing the AXE product further to cater for the ongoing requirements of customers.

We continue to enhance Arcontech's traditional 'CityVision' products aimed at firms seeking both vendor independence and cost-efficiency, particularly for their vital market data contributions. We are engaged with several major investment banks and are encouraged that the 'credit crunch' does not appear to be impeding progress towards new business. We have added a raft of additional features in response to increasingly sophisticated requirements from existing customers and new prospects, maintaining CityVision's position at the forefront of its market. Recurring revenue remains strong, with no clients lost during the year.

I look forward to developing the opportunities for growth that we believe exist for the refocused Group, soon to be renamed Arcontech Group plc, in the coming year.

Andrew Miller
Chief Executive

steelwatch
28/11/2008
08:24
Chairman's Statement

Commentary

The year ended 30 June 2008 was one of many challenges for Knowledge Technology Solutions. We have addressed these challenges and have emerged with a stronger business based on the Arcontech product set.

As reported in my interim statement we concluded that the MarketTerminal subscription business should be closed. We announced on 22 May 2008 the intended closure of this business on 29 August 2008 and the sale to Ionic Information Limited of certain of the MarketTerminal assets, including goodwill for an initial consideration of £50,000 and further consideration dependent on the number of clients transferred to the Ionic platform. The aggregate proceeds accounted for during the year were £137,500.

During the year the traditional KTS business, which largely comprises MarketTerminal contributed post tax losses of £1,337,363. In the period since its acquisition on 4 September 2007, Arcontech contributed post tax losses of £300,135.

Exceptional charges, which were reported in the interim statement earlier this year were also incurred, amounting to £222,062. These costs related to the termination of the Arcontech lease prior to moving to the KTS premises, and the settlement with our previous Chief Executive. These costs will not reoccur.

The Arcontech business, acquired in September 2007, contributed turnover of £1,037,177 in the financial year under review. Arcontech has been adversely affected by our focus in dealing with the MarketTerminal business, as well as delivering the Borse Berlin/Equiduct project, which with hindsight, was significantly under-specified by the previous management. These issues are now largely behind us and we are therefore able to concentrate on delivering the Arcontech CFD and spread betting AXE system and winning new business in this area, as well as extending market share in Arcontech's traditional distribution and contributions market space. To this end we have added to our sales resource in order that we are more able to identify and respond to the opportunities available in our markets.

Financing

We completed a fund-raising of £1,185,000 (net of expenses) on 3 April 2008. During the year under review the group sustained a significant net cash outflow from operations amounting to £1,681,851. This outflow has been reduced by the disposal of the MarketTerminal business. Once the benefits of focusing on the Arcontech business begin to be realised we expect to start generating cash, however, the timing of this will be dependant upon when orders are won and clients invoiced.

Management and Staff

I would like to thank all our employees for their hard work, commitment and dedication during what undoubtedly has been a period of change and uncertainty. Their continued support will contribute to the future success of the Company.

I would also like to thank Andrew Miller, who joined the board following the acquisition of Arcontech in September 2007, and became Chief Executive in December 2007. Without his unstinting hard work and focus the reshaping of the Group would have been significantly more difficult. I look forward to continuing to work with him to drive the refocused business forward to sustain profitability.

Change of Name

Reflecting the new focus of our business a resolution will be proposed at our forthcoming Annual General Meeting to change the name of the group to Arcontech Group plc.

Outlook

It should not be underestimated the amount of management time and energy that has needed to be dedicated to dealing with the cessation of the MarketTerminal business and its ultimate sale. As a result it has not been possible to apply sufficient resources (mainly management time) to realising the many opportunities presented by the Arcontech business. This has now been rectified and already we are seeing notable increase in sales prospects and opportunities, some of which we are hopeful will result in orders in the near future.

The general level of uncertainty in the UK financial markets means the precise timing of such orders is even more difficult to predict. We view the future with renewed optimism and believe we have created a stronger platform for growth.

Richard Last
Chairman

steelwatch
Chat Pages: 141  140  139  138  137  136  135  134  133  132  131  130  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock