ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

PHTM Photo-me International Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Photo-me International Plc LSE:PHTM London Ordinary Share GB0008481250 ORD 0.5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 107.00 107.00 107.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Photo-me Share Discussion Threads

Showing 12276 to 12300 of 12300 messages
Chat Pages: 492  491  490  489  488  487  486  485  484  483  482  481  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
01/8/2022
12:03
Seriously its so selfish, its all about ME!
prokartace
27/7/2022
12:44
Looks like you are going to make money over there again! I did not get a chance to do enough research before it reversed its decline, so looks like I did indeed miss the boat. Have learnt not to just jump in on a falling knife of a company I have very limited knowledge of though, so while a little disappointed, but not furious with myself :)
Meanwhile, a healthy pull back here. Am selfishly hoping for a continued decline to the number I have in mind for a return, but in a market like this, am leaning very much to the cautious side right now. GLA.

lovewinshatelosses
27/7/2022
11:03
Yes I have been a RCH holder and as of yesterday am I holder again. I couldn't resist as the yield was around 8.75% and I had money burning a hole in my pocket having sold PHTM!
prokartace
26/7/2022
14:14
Totally agree, prokartace. Keeping this one firmly on my watchlist, just in case.
Meanwhile, I see you have been a Reach holder in the past! That steep drop today got me interested in doing a little research on that one. Serious falling knife, but tempted for a trade in a few days perhaps. Willing to maybe miss the boat though, because that one does not look like it has reached the bottom at all yet! Anyway GLA here, there and everywhere :)

lovewinshatelosses
26/7/2022
07:30
While I am a fan of this company I feel that the share price has come a long way very quickly. Bearing in mind that some of this rise is due to the special dividend which by the way is being paid earlier than the normal dividend(ex date 11th August), I feel that opportunities to buy will come after this date. As such I have sold my holding but markets move in mysterious ways so as Lovewins has noted the rise may continue
prokartace
25/7/2022
22:37
Good post Crazy. I bought back in some time ago 100% based on the laundry pivot, my only concern is there now seems to be considerable competition including the former COO with an identical offering. Also see in Ireland where they had majority market share a US backed company Speed Queen bringing a very interesting similar concept to the market and installing in lots of Tesco’s sites. I’m not worried but will be keeping a close eye on this sector as Laundry globally seems to have a lot more players than photo booths and I still think the photo booth market is well past its peak! (Excluding the current rebound from Covid)
foolsgold1
25/7/2022
19:41
Photo-Me very strong at the moment. Happy days!
topvest
25/7/2022
18:46
You were right johndoe23 - PHTM at the top of NT's list in today's update
gleach23
25/7/2022
12:42
Having read the interims now....There are disclosures we haven't seen before regarding vending machine revenue and positive sentiment regarding the photo booth longevity, effect of selfie passports and also product pipeline and progress of existing rollouts.Let's take the interim dividend of 2.6 p. Based on the announcement this is one third of the expected payout....2/3 will come next . . That takes total Divi for this fin year to 7.8p (excl special). current cover is 2 and it is stated they will pay at least 50% of profits. So if one was pessimistic and believes cover will be 1.6 (unlikely to go much lower) then that puts forecast EPs at 12ish Multiply that by your run of the mill pe ratio and even at a modest 12-13 it puts the forecast share price around 150. Could be more.
swiftascent
25/7/2022
10:42
Well, it has reached fair value now IMO, and in this market, I have decided to take profits here. Would not be surprised to see it continue to rise further, but I have no idea where the top might be, so happy to leave some on the table for the next man.
If we get a retrace back to circa 80p range, I will gladly jump back in, although appreciate it may never do so. The chance you take, etc. GLA.

lovewinshatelosses
25/7/2022
10:25
Layer=later
johndoe23
25/7/2022
10:25
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Robbie Burns mentions in his diary layer that he has bought more of these..
johndoe23
22/7/2022
08:00
crazycoops

A very interesting post.

Thanks.

2magpies
20/7/2022
16:29
The Photo-Me segment will make a fascinating case study one day. Many people, self included, thought that segment would be in terminal decline and yet, it could go on for years, perhaps even growing through innovation (e.g. biometric data, visas for India - yes, I've been down that path too buddy). There was an academic paper (Leeds Uni? referencing the Boston Consulting Matrix) way back when, suggesting that Cash Cows (high market share/ low market growth) could become Warhorses (dominant market share/ negative market growth). Warhorses with longevity are very rare but Photo-Me could be a fine example - just look at that pricing power!! As for the other segments, I thought they were a bit bonkers when they launched the laundry service but what an excellent strategic move that is looking like. Anyway, net/net, I bought in on Monday and topped up yesterday and am looking forward to the journey.
crazycoops
20/7/2022
15:17
Certainly seems to be a massive number of passport applications
knowing
20/7/2022
08:33
my 21 year old son needed a new passport and wanted the fast track 1 week service.nothing available in south east so we had to go to the midlands for the appointment.like gold dust to get a local appointment so must be a huge demand for passports.we used a photo me booth for the photos
investing2retire
20/7/2022
08:05
Try doing a photo for a visa on a mobile. Went to India in April and the size of photo is very specific for the visa. Option in the photo booth for a visa and also can select the country. Impressed and saves so much hassle. However i am more interested in the other divisions and i recently reinvested after several years away.
petes5
20/7/2022
07:05
This could increase by 30% or more due to higher passport applications post-pandemic and a 33% price increase.

"average revenue and visits per machine have increased by 22% and 58% respectively when compared with pre-pandemic levels (in 2019). In addition, our partnership with Her Majesty's Passport Office ('HMPO') and our secure digital upload technology direct to the UK Government server via our photobooths avoids verification delays that can otherwise be experienced when using self-taken photos. This further underpins the long-term future of our photobooth estate. During Q2 2022, we reviewed the end-user pricing of our photobooths and the cost per use was increased by 33% from EUR6 to EUR8. This change in price has not impacted consumer demand to date and we plan to implement similar price increases across most of our operating markets during H2. The full benefit of this will be evident in FY 2023. The average revenue per machine (excluding VAT) was £4,941 per year. EBITDA was 35.1% of the revenue during the period (six-month). Due to seasonality, this performance is expected to be higher in the second half of the financial year (31 October 2022)."

masurenguy
20/7/2022
06:53
The average Photo-Me machine does £5k per year. So only 2 or 3 photo's a day on average and still very profitable.
topvest
20/7/2022
05:43
Yes you can use a digital photo off a phone, but there is a chance it could be rejected.
A couple of months ago I renewed my passport. I went to the local post office who offered a renewal service and they filled the forms in online and submitted my photo. The cost for the post office service is 16 pounds. A couple of weeks later I was told my photo had been rejected.
I went to use a photo me booth at a local sainsburys and was really impressed by the simplicity of the operation and obtained a digital photo directly linked to the passport office and also a hard copy 4x photo. Go to the govt website and enter my photo ID number and the photo is accepted and processed.paid 8 pounds.
I was really impressed with the photo me booth process and the ease of submitting my photo.
I have been a holder of shares here for a decade. It always worries me that I never see anyone using the booth when I am in shopping but would recommend this process to anyone renewing their passport.
I was refunded the 16 pounds from the post office !

markhutch
19/7/2022
21:24
I'm sure that's the case topvest but in my experience it was also very easy to use a phone and follow some basic rules - you are also given some indication on likelihood the photo will be approved before submitting.

Anyway, as a shareholder I'm very happy for the photo booths to remain a force :)

Exciting news on the name change which should serve to underline the multiple revenue streams on offer here.

gleach23
19/7/2022
21:16
But the passport office has an app with instructions. Dont even need a print out. Digital photo just fine.
kennewil
19/7/2022
20:22
I don't agree. Doing a passport photo using a booth is much more likely to be approved.
topvest
19/7/2022
17:59
Actually, v easy to do passport photo. Use your phone.I hold btw.
kennewil
19/7/2022
17:45
CrazyCoops

The other 4 were;

Argentex
Macfarlane
One Media iP
Touchstar

ska_man
Chat Pages: 492  491  490  489  488  487  486  485  484  483  482  481  Older

Your Recent History