ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

PVN Proven Vct Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Proven Vct Plc LSE:PVN London Ordinary Share GB00B8GH9P84 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 59.50 58.00 61.00 59.50 59.50 59.50 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Investors, Nec -9.88M -13.83M -0.0533 -11.16 154.26M
Proven Vct Plc is listed in the Investors sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker PVN. The last closing price for Proven Vct was 59.50p. Over the last year, Proven Vct shares have traded in a share price range of 58.50p to 62.00p.

Proven Vct currently has 259,258,564 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Proven Vct is £154.26 million. Proven Vct has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -11.16.

Proven Vct Share Discussion Threads

Showing 26 to 50 of 50 messages
Chat Pages: 2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
12/6/2021
17:47
Double-edged, I suppose!

Potential for good exits increases, but temptation to over-pay for new investments.
Another VCT of mine (Pembroke) has made two good exits this year at significant premiums.

jonwig
12/6/2021
17:05
I have read the PVN AR just out and not surprised to read the following in the outlook section of the Investment Manager's report.
We continue to see a strong flow of interesting new investment
opportunities. However, increasing competition for deals means that
valuation expectations are rising rapidly
unquote

cerrito
11/11/2019
18:33
Well they've just announced a new offer. Like you, I'll pass. Am looking at the Albion offer for '19-'20 but will wait till after the election result.
jonwig
09/11/2019
21:34
I have just read the interims of both PGOO and PVN for the period till end August and am glad that did not go into recent fund raising given the huge amounts of cash they have had and the write offs they have made in the last six month reporting period.
Be interesting to hear what they have to say in the Wednesday presentation.

cerrito
16/7/2019
11:35
There is a detailed report on ProVen's recent AGM which can be found in our members area here:

To access the report, you'll need to be a full member of ShareSoc, which is a not-for-profit organisation that supports individual shareholders and campaigns for shareholder rights. If you're not already a member you can join here:

Once you've joined, you'll receive an invitation to register for our "members network" private social network, from where you'll be able to access the report (and reports on 100s of other meetings). If you're already a member and have any difficulty accessing the report, please do not hesitate to contact us here:

sharesoc
24/10/2018
14:24
Yup, I've just read it.

I think they're raising again, but it may be for 18-19 not 19-20.

jonwig
24/10/2018
14:11
Straight lift of the post by james188 on Lemonfool....pointless typing this as well as summed up perfectly. A happy holder.
And today we have the full detail in the half-year report just out. A special dividend of 25.25p per share declared, payable on 30th November.

ProVen Growth is also pretty good at 4.5p per share, but the ProVen VCT realisations over the last six months have been simply outstanding. It obviously means a big reduction in the NAV because (for ProVen VCT) the dividend equates to 25.3% of the NAV as at 1 March 2018. The manager is also in line for a large performance fee. It should mean that the presentations by ProVen next week will be a happy event. Anyone else going?

steve3sandal
27/7/2018
12:14
@ Jombaston - this fund is showing the way with VCTs. Most of the dross has disappeared but there are still many which take the fees and achieve little.
jonwig
27/7/2018
12:05
IMS out today, confirming the substantial disposals.

As discussed, the Watchfinder stake has been sold for 2x the carrying value as of 1/3/18 giving a 8.8x on intial cost and a whacking £23m.

Chargemaster has generated £7.6m, which is a £2m uplift on previous valuation, but less than the headline £130m sale implies. I suspect there could be further contingent payments.

No mention of specials but surely a large one awaits with 25% of the fund (31 May value)having been realised.

jombaston
29/6/2018
08:57
Seen the BP Chargemaster news now. Never been correct with a guess that quickly before! At £130m and with Proven VCT having 8.5% about £11m. That doubles the Feb 18 valuation being carried. Don’t get too excited it’s about an extra 5.5p to the NAV before costs assuming debt and cash free. Good news probably also for users and the need for a massive network of charging points.
steve3sandal
28/6/2018
14:26
Well BP are buying Chargemaster should be a nice profit for us in there somewhere. Might be a good time as every time I come across a Chargemaster customer they are not happy. Poor service typical of a build up to sell. All good for me as my company have taken work from them and I get a nice divi from the share sale.
takeatip
07/6/2018
13:51
I did note that the possible Chargemaster IPO to include a fund raise didn’t go ahead. Instead they raised privately and I guess at a higher price than the Feb 18 carrying valuation. Chargemaster could be right in the sweet spot. Longer term and speculating I wonder if this is where Shell and BP will find their future. Wish I had a few more.
steve3sandal
07/6/2018
08:31
Chargemaster is another one with lots of potential. They already recognise this, but there's more to come.

Another company (Nexus Infrastructure) is rolling out ev charging along with water, broadband, electricity on whole housing estates in the south and midlands. And: "Launch of quality end to end solution to design, install and connect rapid electric vehicle charging points for a variety of customers such as charge point network operators, local authorities, vehicle OEMs, direct B2B and direct B2C".

The government has provided £400m towards funding a national charging network.

jonwig
06/6/2018
20:12
And
"There are also a number of other companies in the portfolio that are nearing an exit, which could result in further gains being realised by the Company in the coming year."

spin doctor
06/6/2018
20:10
Would be nice but commission exp etc will take its toll. I was going to sell all my shares a little while ago glad I held on now. Feel a cruise coming on.
takeatip
06/6/2018
18:00
Jombaston - I was just looking at the NAV uplift of 10p. I hope you're right, though!
jonwig
06/6/2018
17:30
They must have sold Watchfinder at a big premium to book value.

It was already 10% of the fund (at end Feb) so I would venture that the special could be even larger!

It was marked at 3.9x purchase - could this turn out to be an 8-bagger?

jombaston
06/6/2018
11:04
NAV 110.0p from 99.7p (28/02):

The Board of ProVen VCT plc (the "Company") is pleased to announce that Richemont Holdings UK, a subsidiary of the Swiss luxury group Compagnie Financière Richemont SA, has agreed to acquire 100% of the share capital of portfolio company Watchfinder, subject to legal and regulatory approval. Based on the expected completion proceeds, less a discount to reflect the risk of non-completion, the unaudited net asset value of the Company at 6 June 2018 is 110.0p per share.

So, assuming success, we ought to get a special dividend here of up to 10p.

jonwig
03/1/2018
07:49
Just had a quick look. Proven, has 7% of Chargemaster...so potential revaluation of £120m doubles up the £4.2m carrying value in recent interims. I think that’s about 4p of puff if they can get people to stump up. Big gap between this valuation and their Accounts but of course I don’t know what’s happening with their growth. Watching with interest but obviously not going to make me rich...back to work.
steve3sandal
03/1/2018
07:08
One of the ProVen holdings, Chargemaster, is rumoured to be preparing an IPO on AIM in the summer. A profitable exit?
jonwig
17/11/2017
17:04
There is a blog post on 'VCTs – Possible budget changes and pre-planning our response' which mentions PVN available here:
sharesoc
22/10/2017
18:56
Point taken Jonwig to the extent that they will be paying out £7m in dividends reducing cash as of Aug 31 from £34m to £27m which will one assume be increased by the £4.4m new share issue making it approx 30% of total assets before net cash movements in investments.
cerrito
21/10/2017
20:34
Cerrito - isn't some of that being paid as the special divi? I'm inclined to agree, though - they charge too much in fees to simply hold cash. I won't be subscribing either.
jonwig
21/10/2017
20:05
Note that for the 4th half year end running PVN has a third of its assets in cash which makes me leary of joining the new fund raising.
cerrito
12/7/2017
15:01
For interest, possibly:
jonwig
Chat Pages: 2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock