ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

IIT Independent Investment Trust Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Independent Investment Trust Plc LSE:IIT London Ordinary Share GB0000811686 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 420.50 411.00 430.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Independent Investment Share Discussion Threads

Showing 26 to 50 of 50 messages
Chat Pages: 2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
14/11/2022
21:22
Well well. The liquidator confirms the cash distribution was made last week via CREST, settlement I think on Tues 9 Nov, but HL have only just credited the sum to my account after the close of business this evening Mon 14 Nov. Talk about sticky fingers, clinging on to our cash as long as possible the rotten so-and-so's, they do this time and again. Cash flow must be really tight, looking after themselves in preference to prompt fair management of client funds. Another 0/5 from me, any another platform than HL.
marktime1231
14/11/2022
16:38
Grrr. Someone is still sitting on my cash. Waspish email launched at the liquidator FRP Advisory.
marktime1231
11/11/2022
18:02
Well done to those that held to the end. Somewhat surprising to get a late NAV surge.
topvest
11/11/2022
16:40
Ah. Just reread the scheme announcement, those who took the cash option will only receive 441.95p per share even though NAV rose to 454.23p at the transfer point. Drat.

Not received my proceeds, "by 12 November" perhaps means the platform proxy holder of my shares will be sitting on my cash over the weekend. Oh well.

marktime1231
10/11/2022
12:13
Shouldn't have long to wait now to find out the settlement amount, cash up must be today or tomorrow because IIT have said they intend for everything to complete this week. Going straight in to my mortgage offset. Not dragging on, this has been pretty swift and efficient.

They are not immediately liquidating all the shareholdings, 3/4 of the shares are transferring to MNKS where Baillie Gifford can then decide to keep or rotate. IIT administrators liquidated just enough to pay up those who cashed out. No conspiracy, all quite neatly done actually.

Sorry to see them go, for understandable reasons. IIT were top of the investment trust pops for a while.

marktime1231
02/11/2022
23:08
On 30th September IIT was only 28% in cash. I would have expected more progress liquidating the portfolio by then, I hope they did better in October. I sold shortly after the merger/liquidation was announced (at a loss) because I dislike the way these things drag on.
cynicalsteve
02/11/2022
13:22
No surprise the scheme was approved, about 25% voted to cash in. A special dividend of 9p payable this Friday 4 Nov for shareholders on 13 Oct. And then I think the cashing up takes place from 8 Nov. Meanwhile ex-div NAV has crawled up to 450p, with a couple of days to go.
marktime1231
02/11/2022
10:18
yeh i went for cash, didn't fancy mnks, will top up my other existing ITs.
chc15
26/10/2022
17:39
Ex NAV was printed yesterday at 444p plus the sweetener of a 9p liquidation dividend in November if the scheme is approved on 31 Oct.

Not quite the NAV recovery I was hoping for when I plumped for cash. What chance of underlying NAV improving significantly in the interim ... guessing not much. Oh well, the cash will be welcome, probably destined for the mortgage offset account.

marktime1231
24/10/2022
11:11
Last day to select option, I'm unsurebwhatvto do, nav isn't great, will mnks do better?
chc15
16/8/2022
10:30
I've no interest in being a monks shareholders so I'll take the 2% hit on nav.
brwo349
13/8/2022
10:37
It's very disppointing to hear that Max Ward is retiring, but not wholly unexpected and he did warn of stopping in his 70s. I do also hold Monks, but it wouldn't be my best choice of rollover vehicle, not least because of the very poor dividend. I might take the cash option. Hopefully, Max can get us close to £5 back.
topvest
09/8/2022
12:52
BG's glory days are numbered IMO, but fair point on so-called "continuity".

The 98% of NAV cash option probably mitigates things tho - seems to be enough margin in IIT even if some are hard to realise?

spectoacc
09/8/2022
12:51
You can run from Baillie Gifford but you can't hide! No matter which IT you choose to invest in they will get you eventually. It's my own fault, I invested in IIT because I thought some kind of corporate action was likely, unfortunately my timing was terrible and I didn't have the guts to double up so even now I will make a loss.
Surprised that the board talks about 'Continuity of investment proposition' because
I can't find a single investment that's in both portfolios. IITs portfolio of mostly small and mid sized UK companies will have to be sold, some will be difficult to sell at market prices. In addition, although the Monks portfolio is restrained by BG standards it's aggressive by almost anybody else's.
I think I've just persuaded myself to sell!

cynicalsteve
09/8/2022
09:48
That woke us up a bit.

Do I want to become a Monks investor at 460p when the underlying NAV in IIT is > 500p and rising?

marktime1231
09/8/2022
08:24
Great news and very unexpected. I'll be buying more maje with the proceeds.
brwo349
09/8/2022
07:14
Well done @brwo & @Topvest, hope you're both still in (& hope you didn't sell it for MAJE @brwo ;) ).

Looks a sensible RNS this morning - cash option at 2% under NAV (or FAV).

spectoacc
24/5/2022
09:54
I'm accumulating since I think it's the cheapest of the FTSE 250 type trusts and will recover strongly at some point.

NAV 520.5p

brwo349
16/5/2022
19:50
I doubled-up a year ago. Not great timing. Max Ward is a veteran stock picker. Hopefully, this will pick-up and perfrom well but I suspect that won't be until we come out the other side of a likely recession.
topvest
16/5/2022
11:05
NAV 510p
Share price 412p

brwo349
26/5/2021
15:16
Would any experienced holders of this IT have a view on whether they would still buy it for UK exposure and at the expense of what other alternatives, I have looked at it several times over the past few years as it struck me as an IT that did very well a few years ago on the back of Blue Prism but has not done anything since to make it stand out, whilst the lead manager seems to have a very good record with this IT I also understand it would wind up when he retires so without a succession plan would this be one I have simply missed out
123ct
04/3/2021
20:04
I've doubled up today. Max Ward is a reliable performer. He has had a rough patch recently, but should deliver 10%+ per annum without too much difficulty from here. A possible wind-up in the next decade is also likely given the age of the two Baillie Gifford founders as and when they decide to fully retire.
topvest
23/3/2019
18:36
There is a detailed report on Independent Investment Trust's recent AGM which can be found in our members area here:

To access the report, you'll need to be a full member of ShareSoc, which is a not-for-profit organisation that supports individual shareholders and campaigns for shareholder rights. If you're not already a member you can join here:

Once you've joined, you'll receive an invitation to register for our "members network" private social network, from where you'll be able to access the report (and reports on 100s of other meetings). If you're already a member and have any difficulty accessing the report, please do not hesitate to contact us here:

sharesoc
16/11/2018
12:36
very prescient Douglas
thefartingcommie
04/10/2018
12:00
..addendum
historically IIT has traded more often at a discount..par to nav is no big deal really on this one from where I'm sitting.Even more so when you consider the weighting.Some people would consider Fevr now to be ex-growth,and Prsm,whilst having an adoring fan club cannot afford a mis-step .The weighting of builders may also detract.A 5%+ discount is very possible ,and depending on the direction of travel at that time I would take a view.

douglas fir
Chat Pages: 2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock