ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

ASA Asa Resource

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Asa Resource LSE:ASA London Ordinary Share GB00B0GN3470 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.925 1.85 2.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Asa Resource Share Discussion Threads

Showing 4051 to 4074 of 4075 messages
Chat Pages: 163  162  161  160  159  158  157  156  155  154  153  152  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
04/2/2024
13:58
To think this has been out of administration for over three years with no progress. Wined the company up and give any value left back to the share holders and let us all move on.
gpgreen
08/12/2023
17:07
is this the stock that was MWANA, and then Dearing engineered the arrival of some Chinese thieves ?
gfrae
29/8/2023
13:28
Also my sources tell me that there are three seperate entities currently actively mining at ZK on a semi industrial scale. One local militia, one chinese group and one mainly Tanzanians.
The licences remain held by the state mining company SOKIMO

nomz
29/8/2023
13:22
There is absolutely ZERO chance of getting the Zani Kodo licences back. Mwana defaulted on their payments of the licence fees. That is more than a good enough reason to lose them.
nomz
19/8/2023
08:32
Great work plasybryn.
casabella2
19/8/2023
06:51
I've been in touch with a reliable source who wishes to remain anonymous. They are not very optimistic of a satisfactory outcome unless certain transactions go our way.The understanding is that RPI and the directors (some of who have significant skin in the game) are still trying to piece together what's left of the assets. Therefore they still have a very real incentive in retrieving what's left of ASA. However, the value of legacy assets is contingent upon rescuing ASA's jewel in its crown. That is Zani Kodo licences in the DRC, which were allegedly taken by a third party via questionable means despite ASA/Mwana investing over $50m in exploration across a 10-year period. Back in 2016/17 Zani Kodo had a 2.7m oz resource so that would suggest a value in excess of $200m at today's prices. It would need significant investment to realise this value but RPI has deep pockets. My source says if the current directors don't retrieve these licences then what remains will probably be crystallised in an orderly fashion, but will not be meaningful for existing shareholders. So it looks like it's an all or nothing gamble on these licences!I believe there is general frustration on the promised accounts and the anticipated shareholder communication. I wonder are they waiting on a breakthrough in the DRC before going more public - just my hunch. My source's experience considers approaches to the FCA to be largely a waste of time because previous efforts never came to anything. But what other avenue is there?I heard from a separate source that Mr Dearing is no longer a director but he may be assisting/consulting on outstanding legal matters which I guess must directly or indirectly help if the above efforts come to fruition.Like others, I am amazed that there is apparently no investor protection in these circumstances. Some investors believe that the existing controlling owners could in theory walk away with whatever is recoverable, but I understand there is goodwill in sharing the spoils (maybe in the form of a share buyback) if the current directors secure the ZK licences in the DRC.
plasybryn
18/8/2023
09:59
Mr Dearing resigned as director early last year, so contacting him in his former officeholding capacity would be fruitless. The Lancs church schoolhouse address would appear to be his personal and/or office address, and is shown as such on the SRA website, as he is still registered currently as a freelance Solicitor. This also helpfully shows his personal email address. I am amazed a company can simply ghost its PIs for all this time and get away with it. Presumably they're still paying AIM fees, but must surely be in breach of provisions requiring them at least just occasionally to say something to their shareholders?
bogeybazaar
16/8/2023
21:48
Apologies again for the long silence. I have lost the will a bit on this one. If my memory serves me correctly, Dearing has completely removed himself from this. One of the last emails I sent to him mentioned professional conduct etc and soon after he was washing his hands of it all - a coincidence I'm sure. The Sunday school address in Lancashire was near his office, so I think this address is no longer useful. The directors left were all Chinese names, and I believe based in Hong Kong (ie RPI). I printed stuff off and will look at it again. Sadly I think the £20-30m has gone there. Essentially, it looks like they have taken ALL the money, yet only owned 50/60%. It stinks. This weekend I'll look out details and put them up. Once that's done why don't we collectively construct a letter to the FCA with our concerns? It's better than this never ending wait designed to wear us down.
braid
09/8/2023
08:39
I've sent 3 mails to the address and not one reply. Can't find any other contact details. Not a very good shareholder service.
casabella2
08/8/2023
19:37
I think the address is farcical, it may as well be a PO box number. You are not going to find a ASA representative there. It is just somewhere to collect the mail from. I think it is done on purpose to stop any shareholder rocking up and challenging the management. Like I said answerable to no one. The website talks about the "objective of increasing the value of the Group’s assets for all shareholders. So tell us what you have done. It is three years this month since we came out of administration. Time we were told of the progress.

Asa Resource Group plc
Barnes Square Methodist Church Sunday School
Church Street
Clayton le Moors
Lancashire
BB5 5NX

gpgreen
05/8/2023
14:31
Agreed re RPI but a house visit surely can't do any harm. Does anyone live in that area?
plasybryn
05/8/2023
13:46
I would rock up to his house if I thought it would do any good. Somehow I think I would be wasting my breath. I cannot believe that RPI are happy to see their money just sitting there. I would have thought they would have wanted a return on their capital just like the rest of us.
gpgreen
28/7/2023
20:05
A visit in person is perhaps required?
plasybryn
28/7/2023
18:33
I also tried emailing the Website address to requesting an update. Had no response at all. You wouldn't think we own this company. The management are answerable to no one!
gpgreen
28/6/2023
17:54
Thats the web address
casabella2
28/6/2023
08:25
Only the contact address from the website.
casabella2
28/6/2023
06:27
Braid - I assume your efforts to contact Ian Dearing got no where. Are you still around and on the case?
plasybryn
28/6/2023
06:24
Do you have a valid address out of interest? Is it reaching anyone? Thanks for your efforts. Great to know there are those still keen to rattle cages etc.
plasybryn
27/6/2023
16:17
Today i have again mailed ASA Resources regarding any news. Lets hope i hear something this time.I will post here if i do.
casabella2
20/6/2023
10:00
Yes gone very quite. No one seems to be able to get any information.
plasybryn
18/6/2023
15:06
I have sent 2 emails to ASA resources over the last couple of weeks and as yet not got a reply. Surely somebody should be able to reply to them.
casabella2
12/4/2023
06:01
Your post No 98 braid - I'm going to start pursuing this with the FCA, or whichever authority they recommend. Out of interest can i ask if you did so. Obviously got you nowhere, but Dearing should know something. With gold as strong as it is now is a good time to up the anti. Kind regards and good luck
plasybryn
11/4/2023
19:26
Hi all, apologies for the long silence. I have dropped the ball a bit here. It seems to me that they are just grinding this out till we all lose interest. They will no doubt be draining the cash without us knowing. I'll send an email to CEO requesting transparency. As we all know, this stinks
braid
11/4/2023
11:13
Cheers. Will do.
casabella2
Chat Pages: 163  162  161  160  159  158  157  156  155  154  153  152  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock