ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

AMD Aim Dist.Tst

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Aim Dist.Tst LSE:AMD London Ordinary Share GB0000116375 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 25.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Aim Distribution Trust Share Discussion Threads

Showing 26 to 49 of 50 messages
Chat Pages: 2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
09/2/2024
00:34
staggering rise in ARM, the bubble theory back on the menu
just wish l had bought a few more AMD

1/march looking set to break 200 edit (pulled back from 222)

end october 2023 AMD touched a low of 93
dyor

mike24
23/1/2024
12:39
good luck HALEY
mike24
15/12/2023
07:55
amd on track for highest close since jan 22
28/nov TRST up from low of 63p to 150p
a similar rise of
AMD which has a third day of consecutive gains,
dyor nai

mike24
07/12/2023
15:14
amd fell back from june high of 132 good luck to those still holding

sp on the move,check it out, cracking volume , price target $140 plus
top performer on S&P,
need small steady rises to consolidate long term

8/nov arm 2Q results 7% up
why did we flog them off on the cheap
dyor

mike24
22/11/2023
18:24
nvda fell back a bit to close,
dyor

mike24
21/7/2023
15:29
edit
10/8 wall st highlights features AMD A1 M1300 chip, predicts strong end of yr
edit
14/nov
like to see share price reach & hold over 132
check out DOW chart sept---nov 2022

dyor

mike24
13/6/2023
08:10
AMD tracks Nvidia gains, in wall street's A1 Frenzy

edit 14/june
A1 helps discover 3 drugs to fight Alzheimers & Cancer
a study by Univer, of Edinburgh find trio of chemicals which target faulty cells
using A1 algorithm
possible AMD & AMZN deal
sp touched 87% rise from lows of this year
NVDA up 254% in last yr, A1 revolution could be worth 800bl
nai

mike24
25/5/2023
08:07
see chart
opened up 8% NAS (AMD)
up eight of the last nine days
still holding for long term even though there might be a pullback
AMD Ryzen7 5800x3d
Nvidia enters trillion -dollar club, US V China chip war Intel & AMD could benefit
and when does A1 come in ?
dyor

mike24
17/3/2023
08:28
chart looking good
mike24
14/6/2022
12:23
looking for bounce today, below 80 looks a reasonable level to test water

edit 21/july this chipmaker has had a better 5yr return than amazon,apple,
microsoft,w,fargo list goes on, check it out

mike24
10/6/2022
09:57
time to resurrect this thread, time to hit the "chip" market or shortage of parts
sending prices through the roof

mike24
03/6/2003
16:11
Bought a few at $6.91 about 14.30 today. Crawling up, so far at just over $7.
your_auntie
03/6/2003
15:02
AMD below $7, gonna have a flutter on it. Any opinions?
your_auntie
14/11/2001
16:48
The epic is AND ...
aquila
14/11/2001
16:43
Andaman resources has been an empty cash shell since 1997 or 1998 I believe.
It is doing a deal with an OFEX company GALLEON Holdings ( formerly synthetic dimensions ) on a 50 AND shares for 1 GAL share which is due for completion on 23rd November, ANDAMAN will then be renamed GALLEON PLC. And is also now actively looking for other deals.

I'll end up with 250,000 new shares...... I don't know much else about this deal but I'll be glad to be clear of untradable OFEX shares.....

Any cash shell boffins out there know whats going on ?

adamh
14/8/2000
09:40
Mad MAc, I think the charting point covers what I've been getting at in my rambling - both shares are a buy, but the market supports Intel more than AMD, maybe because of the number of false dawns for AMD in the past. So AMD is the bigger gamble, even if, & I do believe this is the case, they have guaranteed revenue flows and will make a mint out of flash for the next year or so.

Intel did not miss out on the bull market last year (the share price went up from a post-split $25 to $70), but it has weathered the retreat from techs very well because it is not just a tech stock so much as an institution. Also it announced record Q1 and Q2 figures this year. Any time AMD hits $50 I shall invest; I already have a wad of Intel.

faz
11/8/2000
13:39
The above comments about the technical options position were based in part on comments on ragingbull and other US boards. Actually the net short position based on options is currently probably only around 2million shares or less which is a fraction of daily volume. Therefore this will probably not have such a big impact as I thought.

In charting terms, the stock is through all support and falls to $50 or so seem likely. Crazy, but there you have it.

mad mac
11/8/2000
00:09
FAZ wrote

"ON chips, Intel manfacture at 0.18 micron level which, added to its superior FAB quality control make its gross margins way ahead of AMD"

1. AMD have ben manufacturing at 0.18 for a looong time now as well.

2. Evidence for the gross margings being higher ? In fact given that about 12 times more AMD 1GHZ chips have been shipped than Intel 1GHZ chips, i would suggest that it might be the other way round.

p.s. why doesnt it like '' as the first character on a line - it just disappears !

fft
10/8/2000
15:09
Well well well! I have been long this stock for a while (average purchase price $82 unfortunately). It certainly deserves to have a following on this BB.

The current year P/E level of around 12 is hard to explain compared with its peers. As well as the processor interest (AMD seem to be cleaning up in the 800Mhz plus sector of the market - their chips are cheaper and more available than Intel's), AMD is a big player in the flash memory market - probably the biggest player in fact (joint venture with Fujitsu).

The stock is currently down on fears of an easing of supply in the flash memory market, also for technical reasons due to a large number of in-the-money August put options matched by open shorts. This technical oversold situation should ease next week as the August 18 option date approaches.

Flash memory fears are probably misplaced in AMD's case, since their flash production for the next two years is apparently already pre-sold to telecoms customers such as Cisco and Nortel. Also AMD's flash memory is slightly different from most, as I understand it - AMD's has a reputation for speed and premium reliability and is popular with telecoms equipment manufacturers; others (such as Intel's) flash is phyically smaller and lower-powered and better targeted at consumer products.

Link to my thread on the free board:

mad mac
10/8/2000
15:00
Intel's gross margin 63 - 64%, AMD's 52% - Intel's margins 20% ahead of AMD (source: last quarter results and company projections).

Like I say, both companies are a buy but one has better longer-term qualities that reduce investment risk, and INtrel will exploit 0.18 manufacturing capability better than AMD.

faz
10/8/2000
11:56
AMD have been going for it technologically over the last couple of years. They introduced 3D now technology into their chips, which they then sub licensed to other chip makers (Cyrix most notably). There's even support built into Microsoft's DirextX (software API for getting good performance out of PC apps) for AMD specific chip features.

The need for 64bit architecture over 32 bit isn't as clear cut as 32 bit over 16bit so I echo comments on the take up being slower. The way AMD have gone about this processor bus expansion is almost identical to the way Intel did the same with the 386 about 15 years ago.

AMD are big enough to produce a following for their 64bit incarnation, but it won't be until someone like Microsoft produces a Windows-a-like 64bit OS, that there will be large corporate uptake. Home users will buy it because it'll presumably be clocked faster and therefore run standard 32bit apps and OSs faster and it'll be priced more competitively than equivalent Intel offerings.

buy high sell low
10/8/2000
11:01
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=amd&d=3m&c=INTC the URL for a comparison of 3-month stock performance. INtersting because over the last year AMD have it over Intel and shot up as they moved into profit

Intel's stock has consistently outperformed (you don't get a $400bn market cap without doing a lot right)

faz
10/8/2000
10:53
I think both companies are a buy because demand is so strong at the moment. This allows AMD to grow even though it has manufacturing reliability costs which Intel does not.

ON chips, Intel manfacture at 0.18 micron level which, added to its superior FAB quality control make its gross margins way ahead of AMD. AMD cannot ramp a product anywhere near as fast, so even if when they have in tha past gained a first move advantage they have never been able to sustain it.

However, AMD are in profit now and should be able to deliver $5 eps not because of their chip production but because of the high demand for flash memory (they just signed deals with Nortel, Philips and Siemens.

These two are not the only players in the lower end chip market and strategically I would buy Intel not AMD. The products in the annoucement were at the higher market end and Intel has been caned recently because it just could not keep up with demand. This allowed AMD to steal a touch of market share which some may have construed as it having superior products to Intel. In the next few months AMD will relinquish that chip market share back to Intel. Intel has about 85% of the market and has the know-how to sustain this level of market leadership regardless. It reported record first and second quarter profits and the shares are cheap at the current levels - having just has a 2/1 split I expect them to double in the next twelve months to give a market cap of about $750bn.

AMD a buy, Intel a strong buy.

faz
10/8/2000
10:39
I have been trying to get my hands on an Itanium system recently, there are apparently some developer systems around, but so far have been met with a deafening silence!

It looks like the switch to 64 bit is going to much slower than the switch from 16 to 32 bits was.

Mick

mickt
Chat Pages: 2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock