ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

NII New India Investment Trust

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
New India Investment Trust LSE:NII London Ordinary Share GB0006048770 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 373.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

New India Investment Trust Share Discussion Threads

Showing 101 to 122 of 125 messages
Chat Pages: 5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
16/1/2017
09:47
I see that NII has now become ANII.
what is a login ?
11/11/2016
12:26
Down through short-term chart support at 380p on massive panic over rupee note withdrawals. Probably very good for economy in long run. Looks like an opportunity to add, perhaps next week as it could be heading lower.
shavian
11/10/2016
22:06
Yes looking at v nice return , I'm staying in for long run
joy division still
11/10/2016
18:17
yes glad to be still hanging on
robow
11/10/2016
17:25
Sadly Not,

Weldone.

tenapen
11/10/2016
16:21
Onward and upward.Anyone still here. Yawn
shavian
22/8/2016
15:53
Looking at the long term chart one can see the long wave sentiment overlay. This was a buy and hold through 2009-2010, and same through 2014. We are clearly in one of those constructive periods. A view of moving averages gives approximate entry and exit points.
hpcg
22/8/2016
14:16
I didn't actually mean hold forever, despite my advanced age!
shavian
21/8/2016
10:41
Agreed, the inter-state tax reform is genuinely good. By the looks of it the portfolio has changed considerably since I last looked - which was top heavy in conglomerates. As good a reason as any to buy now is that EM sentiment is positive. I don't think buy and hold forever makes sense for any investment.
hpcg
21/8/2016
09:15
I disagree hpgc. Modi has at last forced through his major reform of regional taxation which will sweep away inter-state customs and tariffs, making trade and transport within India much easier, albeit from a traditionally dreadful mess. Secondly overseas retailers are starting to get permission to infiltrate and reform all levels of commerce. The potential for improvement is enormous. It always has been, but now the government is starting to unlock the doors to progress. For me, NII is a buy, accumulate and hold. I also like Stewart Investors Asia Pacific Sustainability fund in the OEIC space, as it is more diversified but with 35% currently in India
shavian
13/7/2016
10:14
Modi has and will continue to disappoint. Ever tried doing business in India? Its like pulling rotten teeth. Which is not to day don't hold the trust, but only the same as any other investment, respecting the chart and not a blindfold buy and hold.
hpcg
06/7/2016
19:32
Yo all, this is one of my holders, I reckon 10yrs + I can hold this,,,,,, that is unless anyone suggests different
joy division still
06/7/2016
18:29
Hi Shavian,
I am still following, There is not much to write about ! a crash here a rocket there. Just buy and hold IMO.

Cheers.

tenapen
06/7/2016
06:12
I'm amazed that nobody seems to follow NII on ADVFN. India under Modi is modernising rapidly, and now the fall in Sterling is benefiting UK holders. With Sterling forecast by some to fall to $1.15 or even parity the prospects seem good.
shavian
21/8/2015
14:58
Oooppps We is getting smashed today.

I was expecting the China crisis to hit Indian stock sooner or later.

It was a good run up.

tenapen
12/6/2015
07:13
Nearly missed yesterday's report.. Hate when they publish after hours and it doesn't show in my filter next day..
sheikh al utrati
31/5/2015
23:10
Starting to move up now
luckymouse
31/5/2015
16:46
With thanks to logonair on the JII thread for posting.

loganair
31 May'15 - 12:06 - 1902 of 1902 0 0

Adrian Lim keeps cool after India's stellar run - India was one of the best performing stock markets last year, but as its strong rally stutters, New India manager Adrian Lim remains optimistic.

Lim, who manages New India (NII) investment trust, travels to India four or five times a year, each time seeing up to 25 companies a week.

The frustrations of India’s infrastructure and the red tape can make such trips challenging, while the sheer noise of the country, in macroeconomic terms, creates its own difficulties.

But this could also be valuable, insists Lim, who has now been at the helm of the trust for a decade.

‘India is a good place to pick stocks because what grabs the headlines may not make money on a long-term basis,’ said Lim.

‘Looking beyond the noise and focusing on fundamentals comes down to experience and doing your work diligently on the companies themselves. You try not to get carried away.’

The International Monetary Fund predicted in January that India would be the fastest growing major economy in 2016, with its growth rate overtaking China, although that partly reflects slowing growth in the latter.

‘It has a young population, growing middle class, consumption rising quickly from a low base and a huge talent pool that’s well educated and can speak English,’ said Lim (pictured), who joined Aberdeen Asset Management in 2000 as a private equity manager.

Getting the best out of Indian growth for investors entails finding reasonably valued companies that the trust can hold onto for the long term.

Investors have to accept that by nature India is a ‘messy, volatile market’, according to Lim. ‘But the long-term fundamentals are strong and there’s lots of underlying growth that you don’t need to take a lot of risk to participate.’

Big on Banks:

Kotak Mahindra Bank (KTKM.NS) (JII 5th Largest Investment), India’s fourth largest private sector bank by market cap.

‘It was founded by Uday Kotak, a self-made man, who has been building a finance and banking franchise for the last 25 years,’ said Lim.

‘He has built a professional, competent team and it has grown steadily in the face of a lot of competition.’

India remains a challenging backdrop in the wake of a cyclical downturn and an ineffective previous government.

Last year’s election of Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which pledged to embark on wide-ranging economic reforms, raised expectations that it has struggled to keep a lid on.

‘The government is more business friendly, but while the economy has recovered somewhat, it’s still going through a natural course of growth and contraction,’ said Lim.

Many of the policies implemented by Modi need time to work, to the disappointment of those who have ploughed capital into the country but are now becoming impatient for change.

Lim is ‘optimistic217; about the pace of recovery, however. ‘Valuations will be stretched a little bit longer. If they came off, we would be comfortable putting more cash into India,’ he said.

Among the developments being watched closely is the move towards a VAT-style goods and services tax.

‘It’s not easy to implement because you need agreement between the government and the different states and there’s naturally a lot of tension over tax revenue,’ said Lim.

‘States need to be confident not only that the whole pot will grow, but also that their portion will increase.’

tenapen
22/5/2015
20:36
Thanks Tenapen
reddave999
22/5/2015
20:33
Hi swsmith20 & Reddave999
Thank you. I will aim to keep it up-to-date.

Regards.

tenapen
22/5/2015
20:23
Thanks for setting the new board up
swsmith20
22/5/2015
19:27
Just done it swsmith20, Thanks.

If anyone would like to add comments, here is the link.

Regards

tenapen
Chat Pages: 5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock